1.0.3b Delayed (Updated)

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
06/27/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Zerde
To be honest I doubt most people care about anything except the drop changes. Although I am curious what other changes you were planning on adding in 1.0.3b? I think the only think we know about is the drop changes.

I care about Magic Find not working on chests.

I care about items not dropping from objects.

I also think the fact that when you break 36 jars and get nothing, and #37 drops 100 gold it is a bit ridiculous. They went way over-kill on this nerf. Because blizzard doesn't know how to use a scalpel, they only know how to use a sledge hammer.

These were changes they put in to fight gold farmers and people that went around doing nothing else but breaking jars with GF/MF sets, but they destroyed a lot of the fun in the game for everyone else. They were very ill thought out and rash changes.
Thank you for the update, I look forward to the hotfix notes.

06/27/2012 09:05 PMPosted by SDCrippler
+1 for the transparency, thank you for keeping us on the same page! This is how we progress together as a community. You have my gratitude and support. Now, off to Sanctuary!

I'd remind you that the transparency you lauded them for was missing from the 1.0.3 patch notes and we still do not know what the percentage values of the drop rates (and affixes) were prior to 1.0.3 and what they will be with this hotfix/patch 1.0.3b. In the end, even after buffing the drop rates, this may still end up being a net overall nerf to drop quantity (and quality?).

I, and many others, would like for Blizzard to be more transparent with their numbers.
Bash, this is the second time in a row I am going to call you out.

I know, and you KNOW, that when you posted this you KNOW the updates you are going to release. To say ... herp derp, in 5 hours we are going to tell you what we are doing, is just stupid, and only points to the extact problem. You know, but are unwilling to share the reality with us all. You bury the updates in threads like this instead of giving solo threads, with updates as soon as you know them. People have had a TON of issues with the content of your rollouts, but the MANNER of your rollouts are just as problematic.

Crap, this is what I do. I am a PhD student in Poli Sci, and one of my favourite foci for studies is how parties roll out policies and responses. You (blizz) have failed in almost every measure I can come up with ... please, if you are looking to, hire me. I could help you SO fricken much. ... your roll out is possibly the worst I have seen. Worse then coffee table books that didn't sell by Connan ... in all honesty.

We're a global company, and we attempt as much as possible to ensure we release things globally in as many languages as possible. We're not perfect in that goal, but we make a strong effort, because we believe that support of our games does not need to begin and end with one language or one country. The time to translate and coordinate posting of changes takes time, and posting it in one language and region first for information that can be coordinated (and not all of it can) is a disservice to the global community.

But as you're so well versed in such matters I'd be happy to take any notes you have on how to better serve a game, its updates, and surrounding communication simultaneously in 13 languages.
Thank you for the update, I look forward to the hotfix notes.

+1 for the transparency, thank you for keeping us on the same page! This is how we progress together as a community. You have my gratitude and support. Now, off to Sanctuary!

I'd remind you that the transparency you lauded them for was missing from the 1.0.3 patch notes and we still do not know what the percentage values of the drop rates (and affixes) were prior to 1.0.3 and what they will be with this hotfix/patch 1.0.3b. In the end, even after buffing the drop rates, this may still end up being a net overall nerf to drop quantity (and quality?).

I, and many others, would like for Blizzard to be more transparent with their numbers.

I still find it amusing that they thought we wouldn't notice and/or would accept that they completely trashed the Act 3/4 drop rates to the point where it's not even worth running the later acts.
06/27/2012 09:45 PMPosted by bulletbutter
The fundamental flaw in D3 (compared to D2) is that it's required to have the "best" gear to even progress. In D2, you could take a hammerdin, deck him out in gear farmed from nightmare and be well on your way to tank hell baal. That's just not possible in D3's current state.

Sigh no no no.
Having the "best" gear allowed you to faceroll inferno (even pre nerf).
There was some of us (myself and those I played with) that did not exploit that were able to progress with mediocre gear (lvl 59-60 gear) up into act 3 inferno (again pre nerf).

Inferno was meant to actually rely on skills/passives/player skill to progress. It happened. Everyone else wants it easy mode.

I know, and you KNOW, that when you posted this you KNOW the updates you are going to release. To say ... herp derp, in 5 hours we are going to tell you what we are doing, is just stupid, and only points to the extact problem. You know, but are unwilling to share the reality with us all. You bury the updates in threads like this instead of giving solo threads, with updates as soon as you know them. People have had a TON of issues with the content of your rollouts, but the MANNER of your rollouts are just as problematic.

Crap, this is what I do. I am a PhD student in Poli Sci, and one of my favourite foci for studies is how parties roll out policies and responses. You (blizz) have failed in almost every measure I can come up with ... please, if you are looking to, hire me. I could help you SO fricken much. ... your roll out is possibly the worst I have seen. Worse then coffee table books that didn't sell by Connan ... in all honesty.

We're a global company, and we attempt as much as possible to ensure we release things globally in as many languages as possible. We're not perfect in that goal, but we make a strong effort, because we believe that support of our games does not need to begin and end with one language or one country. The time to translate and coordinate posting of changes takes time, and posting it in one language and region first for information that can be coordinated (and not all of it can) is a disservice to the global community.

But as you're so well versed in such matters I'd be happy to take any notes you have on how to better serve a game, its updates, and surrounding communication simultaneously in 13 languages.

Google Language tools? The marvels of modern technology.

Man gotta agree here about localization. What a pain that must be. I've had to deal a bit with it before.

Makes everything a lot slower :(

http://tinypic.com/r/124jaqt/6

Side note: Will drop rates only affect Inferno difficulty?
Sorry to be noob,
But is there actually a 1.0.3b patch notes post? Or is it inferred by posts splattered across the forums?

I can't even find any original statements that there was going to be a 1.0.3b, the fact its delayed is the second mention I've heard of it.. (The first being that it will address some of the Inferno drop rates and isn't too far off, but that doesn't imply any release date that could be delayed)

I'm having difficulties finding it, using forum search (for 1.0.3b) is only turning up results I'm not interested in reading.
When can we look forward to some game mechanic fixes ?

All we see is economy related fixes .. and for alot of us .. we just dont care

EDIT : this is what people complain about when it comes to communication

you make a post about a big change to the game plan .. then turn and walk away to let the community guess at the answers to their questions ?

and you wonder why people think Blues disregard the community >_>

WTF is wrong with you? They said that they will post full details tomorrow morning.

They could have not posted this at all. This is basically what you want. Them communicating with the fans, but you throw a tantrum when the list isn't compiled right this minute?

did you even read my post ? .. im asking why the updates effecting the economy are at the top of the list .. and not updates effecting game breaking mechanics bugs

and then i go on to point out that they have done their standard maneuver .. they pop ot some tidbit of informaton to try and placate the masses while giving no actual insight to whats going on

im not looking for any list ... im looking for an answer as to why fundemental issues with the games mechanics are not being adressed when economy related stuff is

L2read fanboi
1.0.3b 1 week after 1.0.3? Seriously fast.

Failed/horrible translation?
The marvels of lazy/uninformed..

dont post until your done ? ... you brought this on yourself .. you hung out a piece of meat .. but did so with an empty table ... now youve got some hungry folks looking at you as dinner
In general we tend to not provide release dates or specific timeframes for patches due to the complexity of the updates, and the possibility that we’ll discover an issue that keeps us from releasing it on time. We discovered a few such issues late into the testing of 1.0.3b, which means it won’t hit this week as previously mentioned.

However, we know that a number of changes in 1.0.3b have been highly anticipated, and so we spent the better part of today pulling specific changes that did not run into testing issues out of 1.0.3b, and turning them into hotfixes. These include the Inferno drop increases among a couple others, and will be applied with off-peak rolling restarts tomorrow morning. We’ll also be updating the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_June_Updated_612-6_13_2012#blog"]June hotfix blog[/url] with specific changes (including new drop rates) tomorrow morning after we manage to wrangle up a cup of coffee.

OMFG I CAN COMEBACK AFTER 2 USELESS WEEKS OF FARMING ? THX SIR
Sorry to be noob,
But is there actually a 1.0.3b patch notes post? Or is it inferred by posts splattered across the forums?

I can't even find any original statements that there was going to be a 1.0.3b, the fact its delayed is the second mention I've heard of it.. (The first being that it will address some of the Inferno drop rates and isn't too far off, but that doesn't imply any release date that could be delayed)

I'm having difficulties finding it, using forum search (for 1.0.3b) is only turning up results I'm not interested in reading.

There were no patch notes as of yet.
Not really inferred by posts splayyered.
Original statements that 1.0.3b was posted by Lyllira in regards to a 1.0.3a post saying 1.0.3b would incorporate some that couldn't be shoved into 3a.

Don't have the link off hand.
06/27/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Bashiok
The time to translate and coordinate posting of changes takes time, and posting it in one language and region first for information that can be coordinated (and not all of it can) is a disservice to the global community.

Thank you for letting us know that at least the most-anticipated part of the patch is forthcoming.

I haven't been playing since 1.0.3 really because the drop rates made it not-fun. Will be happy to get back to some decent farming after the hotfix. Hope the change was adequate to make the game rewarding again.

As to the translating bit and the delays that it causes, other game companies I've dealt with choose to put things out in their primary language(s) first and get the translations done asap. World of Tanks comes to mind, where stuff comes out in Russian much quicker than English.

As a delayed recipient of news, I never felt I was being treated unfairly. Sometimes I'd get google-translated stuff ahead of the US servers, but generally knowing that the Russians got the news first and waiting a few hours or even a day or two for the news to come my way never offended me, so long as they made sure we were taken care of as soon as possible.

edit: spelling, added quote

Failed/horrible translation?
The marvels of lazy/uninformed..

If they posted it in English, anyone could use translator app like Google to figure out the gist of it. Besides, I'm sure all 13 countries have fan sites that would translate it for the fans as well. Kinda sounds like a cop-out to me. But, I don't mind waiting another day to find out what they are reverting.

It's this type of condescending community interaction that is causing players to leave the game in masses. This is not how you manage a community.

Most of the complaints aren't even about the game. They're about responses like this. As a fan of this game, you throw egg on my face every time you conduct yourself like this.

Still playing. Still enjoying. Still supporting. But come on. Rise above it or sink beneath it.