I have yet to die legitimately

Hardcore
Going on the third death due to a server lagout. It wasn't my fault, my internet is completely fine. Blizzard's server has caused me countless wasted hours and this has to be fixed.

In b4 people call me a @##%@ etc. but this is a joke
it is a joke.
lvl 60 monk -> killed by lag monster
lvl 54 reroll -> killed by lag monster

Tempest Rush seems to cause rubber banding for me. Both times I was using Tempest Rush to escape Molten champs.
Contrary to the patch notes, Tempest rush is even more broke now then it was before.

It seems to rubberband for me regardless of my spirit (even at full spirit) and I would estimate at least 25% of the time.
Contrary to the patch notes, Tempest rush is even more broke now then it was before.

It seems to rubberband for me regardless of my spirit (even at full spirit) and I would estimate at least 25% of the time.

I've noticed this too. I just lost my 60 monk to the lag about 20 minutes ago. I tempest rush away, wasting all my spirit doing so, only to appear back in the middle of the mob.

That isn't what killed me, but I had that issue constantly
Not to be argumentative - just curious - but what internet do you have? 56kbp/s? 128? 512? 1mb/s? etc etc
40 Mbs Brighthouse Lightning here.
R.I.P guys =(

I had JUST finished an elite pack as the lagspike hit.. and lucky to be alive. I thought i'd check here to see if anybody was killed.

It's absolutely stupid that we can't play offline for soloing HC. If we're in a group, server problems COULD be passed off as par for the course. But when you're trying to get a new character up, or simply farming, it's ridiculous to find yourself dying to this stuff.

Hardcore was thrown in as an afterthought =(
I got lucky on the lagspike as I was only in hell. When servers responded I was 10% health, and it had seemed my enchantress and mystic ally killed everything in the room. Lag had hit for about 9 seconds. Good thing I have godlike gear for hell...

Had it been inferno - GG

Yeah. These servers man, let me tell ya =).
The spike almost got me I just tempest rushed into 30-40 of the fallen guys on hell. Luckly Im getting close to outgearing hell so I was able to last the 10 seconds after control alt del...
Felt pretty strong vs Hell Butcher as my Demon Hunter, like there was almost no way to die until this happens;

http://i.imgur.com/ydun5.jpg

Look at dat ping.
Are most people dying to lag playing Solo or with a party? Just curious.
I don't buy into this legitimate stuff. Dead is dead.
And it goes on and on. People die all the time due to Blizzard's latest game being full of bugs and lacking fundamental features such as pausing during lag spikes.

You can either start from scratch and randomly die again to a bug/disconnect/lag spike, or you can get a refund to send a message to Blizzard that their game is unplayable.
I only play Solo. Still lagged out like that.
06/28/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Dralix
I don't buy into this legitimate stuff. Dead is dead.

Just a stupid thing to say.

There's a vast difference in the way I feel about a death caused by my own carelessness, or even my OWN internet losing connection, than there is in dying due to the shadyness of Blizzard's servers.

Entirely their fault, not mine.
One would think that the server problems at launch would've smoothed out by now, and while capacity issues are long gone, the ridiculous lag is still a huge problem. The fix is so !@#$ing simple too.

If they're not willing to spend a little bit of the huge piles of consumer money they sleep on to lease better or more servers, at least make the game automatically pause whenever the lag goes above a certain threshold. %^-*ing Starcraft does it, but Diablo 3, where hundreds of our hours will go down the drain due to !@#$ty servers, doesn't get such a feature?

So yeah, when is Torchlight 2 coming out?
rip
One would think that the server problems at launch would've smoothed out by now, and while capacity issues are long gone, the ridiculous lag is still a huge problem. The fix is so !@#$ing simple too.

If they're not willing to spend a little bit of the huge piles of consumer money they sleep on to lease better or more servers, at least make the game automatically pause whenever the lag goes above a certain threshold. %^-*ing Starcraft does it, but Diablo 3, where hundreds of our hours will go down the drain due to !@#$ty servers, doesn't get such a feature?

So yeah, when is Torchlight 2 coming out?

I honestly don't think it's a hardware problem so better servers wouldn't fix it. I got lagspikes at pretty much the same rate no matter when I played. Has to be a coding issue

And yeah, a SC2 style game pause would be great. It's sad when I'm looking to SC2 for improvements to a game.
RIP.

How many hours do you have played in total?

I have 200+ hours and no lag deaths as of yet. Plenty of small lag spikes, but nothing long enough to kill me.

Playing on the east coast U.S, 1MB Internet, all hours of the day but primarly peak hours, 9-12PM EST.
I love HC because of the challenge and the more realistic: you die you're dead. But I can assure you that when I walk across the street I've never magically gotten pulled back into traffic and ran over by a truck.