"Deleted" Replies in New Blue Thread

General Discussion
1 2 3 17 Next
Anyone notice how many deleted posts there are in the new blue thread?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5979090893#1

I have never written a post and bothered to retract it later, so I doubt each person who bothered to reply did as well. I have to assume the community mod that posted the thread deleted what he could before he locked the thread due to criticism.

Next to each deleted reply it doesn't say "deleted by Moderator" it says it was deleted by the individual who wrote it. Why not be honest, Blizz. Don't add insult to injury.

Seems like the mod couldn't lock the thread fast enough, and took as many replies as he could with him before he did. It's offensive enough to be peddled a book after disregarding our complaints on the forums, but don't delete our replies and then try to cover it up.

EDIT: Some people have written that it’s against the rules to post about a moderated or locked thread. Let me just say this, it's hard to read every shred of policy related to what is allowed. Plus, there's a difference here. I'm not just talking about a locked thread, I'm using something that happened in a locked thread to shine light on a bigger problem, the fact that when mods delete our posts it says that WE deleted it ourselves.

EDIT 2: Again, it wasn't the fact that people raged and got their posts deleted/accounts banned that I'm complaining about. It's how when they do get mod'ed, it says "deleted by (insert user name here)" next to it.

EDIT 3: There are 3 blue posts in this thread, although the blue tab to jump from blue to blue isn't working. You'll need to manually scan the pages to find the second and third.
07/02/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Blazur
Post a link to the thread, please?

Thx for the suggestion!
I posted in that thread....my post was completely deleted an hour later >.> shady blizz very shady...
07/02/2012 01:16 PMPosted by MunkYou
I posted in that thread....my post was completely deleted an hour later >.> shady blizz very shady...

I bet it said next to your post that it was YOU who deleted it. Not shady, just plain bad.
it is pretty tragic how the only blue post in days attract so much negative attention that half of the replies are deleted and the thread is locked in less than an hour.

in case you didnt notice blizzard, your customers are angry. sitting there in silence while you delete posts and lock threads is not going to fix this broken game.
Better to delete your own off-topic rage-filled post than to have the mods do it since that usually comes with a suspension/ban.
Notice those 7 replies are kinda good to blizzard. can't handle the criticism huh.
07/02/2012 01:17 PMPosted by JdotRdot

I bet it said next to your post that it was YOU who deleted it. Not shady, just plain bad.

Nope my post is literally GONE from the thread
Oh, good grief. Are you running out of things to crab about? Some trolls and angry nerds had their posts deleted in a thread about a book. A book written by someone who has nothing to do with game development. A book that has been out for six weeks. So freaking what?

And the thread was posted by a forum moderator, not a community manager.

Talk about drama queens. Geeze Louise.
07/02/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Carnage
Notice those 7 replies are kinda good to blizzard. can't handle the criticism huh.

exactly. delete all the criticism and leave posts from the few remaining fanboys that will still stick up for blizzard. what a jenkity move.
While I'm of the opinion that the replies in the thread were way off-base and were probably good to be deleted, the amount of heavy-handed moderation lately is getting pretty bad. I'm wondering if Blizz is being purposefully quiet on things because they have an announcement in the future that they aren't at liberty to talk about.
07/02/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Stoney
they really, REALLY, don't like negative feedback. instead of respond to it they simply delete it.

It's fine if they dont like it, or even delete it. But it doesn't say "deleted by mod", it lies and says it was deleted by the person who wrote the reply! It's a lie and Blizzard had lost a lot of my respect. Feels like free speech is about to get infinged upon, and then we're lied to afterward.

Read that guys post up above, his post got deleted and HE didn't delted it... but it says he did.