Critical Hit wizards

Wizard
ive 2200 intell abt 35k hp 550- 650 all resist and 48k dps Non buff.

but i some how have problem in act 3/4 from elites can some1 teme wht am i doing wrong?

I use force armor / Diamond skin / blizzard/ archon / arcane orbs

what else are you stacking? crit chance? crit dmg? IAS?
Thanks Brimstone:- I was more concerned with the stats - crit dmg/crit chance, int, vit, resist. Are these viable for a blizzard/hydra spec? Changing around the passive of courses. Probably cold blooded,galy ward, blur.

you could def use survivability buffs instead of DPS with vit/res/crit gear. U'll still have similar av damages cuz you'll crit at the same #s (less cc if u drop pinpoint barrier for force arm etc) blizzard and orbs would work well on crit wizard, but uv then got 2 main ap users. Suvivabilty can get you in the !@#$ unless your tanked;

if you get a fight lasting twice as long cuz u have half as much average damage, you will most likely take 2x damage+. roflstomp w damage/kiting n demolish elites n mobs b4 you have to be concerned about a tanked wizard build (mays well get a shield lol)

Kind of curious what your AP on Crit is? The stats you list only show you having it on your Source. How much exactly is on that source and how well does it keep your AP pool going? I think if I remember right 15 AP on Crit was the target for most Wizards but since Source caps out at 10 it seems you're running a bit less than that (assuming your AP on Crit on that source isn't maxed out).

P.S. Thanks in advance :)

Only 9, but with astral presence I get enough ap for an orb ~ 2secs (i usually wait for 2-3) I still crit 125k with wand shot while ap is on regen, although im usually kiting making gap for next orb spam lol Stacking ap on crit is a bonus if u find supporting items, but at the rate of astral pres regen ive never focused on stacking it
yeah i used to run dps arcane orb build, the other thing is that celestial orb actually has the highest damage potential in all arcane orb runes, since if you can kite fast enough, you can actually get 2 damage to go off, one from orb going through, and one from orb exploding.
ive 2200 intell abt 35k hp 550- 650 all resist and 48k dps Non buff.

but i some how have problem in act 3/4 from elites can some1 teme wht am i doing wrong?

I use force armor / Diamond skin / blizzard/ archon / arcane orbs

crit damage, easiest start is 2 look for a socketed weapon w similar dps (drop in best emerald u can afford) n u will immediately see huge damage numbers :) get rid off blizzard if you want dps- use magic weapon force weapon. Its not on tooltip but orbs (except celestial) have a small knockback :) N with ur stats u should b fine moving force-pinpoint barrier to increase crit chance once uv stacked damage.
decent Life regen is also v important (90 second elite fight, 90k health) as there isn't an adequate endgame healing source

yeah i used to run dps arcane orb build, the other thing is that celestial orb actually has the highest damage potential in all arcane orb runes, since if you can kite fast enough, you can actually get 2 damage to go off, one from orb going through, and one from orb exploding.

i still use celestial act 1/2, oblit/celestrial r both so good n i switch regularly- celestial in party play w a tank or act 1/2. celestial is amazing for mob clearing, but without knockback can get you swamped

35k vitality, 450 res, 2050 intel, 1k life per second & 5k armor w energy armor buff. I also stacked movement speed, I can keep just infront of fast elites (on a fast monster) while they are snared. Star pack is way to hard to aim against the faster mobs, and its knockback will hit mob towards you on an overshot. Damage is high enough to keep anything off you and with elite kiting act 3/4 you usually only get a 2-3second window to spam, so low ap doesn't help that much.

07/03/2012 02:24 AMPosted by BrimstoneBal
I prefer meteor - star pact for low AP cost (same as arcane orb) and high critical mass procs. I'm also curious about your stats, how you survive past inferno act3 without diamond skin and your only escape is non-critical mass/illusionist supported teleport. Temporal flux 30% snare is nothing when you encounter fast mobs.

35k vitality, 450 res, 2050 intel, 1k life per second & 5k armor w energy armor buff. I also stacked movement speed, I can keep just infront of fast elites (on a fast monster) while they are snared. Star pack is way to hard to aim against the faster mobs, and its knockback will hit mob towards you on an overshot. Damage is high enough to keep anything off you and with elite kiting act 3/4 you usually only get a 2-3second window to spam, so low ap doesn't help that much.

Is 450 resist really enough for act3 act4?
Is 450 resist really enough for act3 act4?

buffing base armor helps cuz energy armor increases armor 65%. yep, I've found 450 AR more than enough (580 phys res) for act 4 dps build, can take 4+ shots from adds -although they rarely get 2 toon. if your a wiz n getting hit more than that, ur doing it wrong lol throw out magic missile for diamond skin if ur getting 1 shot
Isn't op posting the most commonly used build for wizards or am i missing something...

Underated? More like over-used...
bring in the trolls lol discussion about critical hit wizards champ- cuz many ppl r stacking crits after IAS nerf for endgame dps on wizards, n most don't use temporal+arcane hydra. I found this build after alot of testing n it allowed me to stomp act 4. mills of dam on mob hits with control other than blizz was worth the share....troll away
Why do people think the 30% snare from Temporal flux is good? Honestly, i've tried using it multiple times, and 30% is just not enough. Blizzard lasts longer and has twice the snare.

Can someone explain why they'd want half the snare and have to waste a passive just to get it?

sure can, mass snare without huge ap costs of blizzard, which is reducing the amount of orbs u can cast. If you've stacked criticals and using orbs (high ap user), using uber ap on a small area snare directly affects ur damage output
07/03/2012 05:27 AMPosted by TERAKAIJER
Lost all credibility due to the use of "mana regen".

why?
Hmm....Blizzard / snowbound is 20 ap, which is hardly huge compared to 35 from Arcane orb. If you time and aim blizz right, it can be 12 seconds of snare for the same ap cost as 1 arcane orb.

During that 12 seconds you'd regen 3x what you spent on blizz allowing for even more arcane orb - Seems easier to ditch magic missile and use arcane orb left click, blizz right click, then have an open passive.

But whatever works for the player is what they should use :)

its 58% of an orb that could get you 250k+ damage(mills if you get a decent hit on 4+ mob). The main use of temporal is hydra cuz it hits so quickly snaring split mobs/elites, and with a magic missile even your fallback spam spell will snare anything hydra misses.
So true, depends if you want a snare build that will net you lower dps but more mob control, or dps kiting. they're r so many builds 4 wizards tho, 1 class blizz got right
@brimstonebal

just wondering how you deal with reflect dmg elites;
and can you post your stats ? thanks
@brimstonebal

just wondering how you deal with reflect dmg elites;
and can you post your stats ? thanks

try to focus on 1 at a time. I just kite 4 cast line on 1, otherwise you can k/o yourself. Decent regen means if im close to self-ko on reflects, will just back off for 30secs with life regen till vits full, repeat.
stats/gear is on 1st page mate

If you want survivability for bosses/reflects/invuls/vortex while holding dps you can use evocation w teleport to a mouse button.
This mod will get longer charge on orbs with lower ap, but on tough mobs your gaps r spent casting 2-3 orbs well before you ever hit max ap. can then take afew more hits, deal with invul/reflects faster and evoc gives you an overlap between fracture clones dropping and diamond skin cd.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#cQRXSO!YUb!cYaYZZ
Anyone have a link to a critical chance per spell for wizard list?
How does this build compare to a build using CM with Diamond Skin/ Teleport?
Yarly. Isn't this THE build to be using if your not blizz/venom hydra?