Critical Hit wizards

Wizard
A. orb being my favored spell, i approve this thread..i learned something!
07/05/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Nuhjeea
How does this build compare to a build using CM with Diamond Skin/ Teleport?

by using enduring skin then tele, you only have a small window after ur decoys fade b4 diamond CD, so non-CM supported tele/skin works surprisingly well. This isn't a speed proc/low dps crit build (WW), so you won't proc enough to make it worth CM. Gives you versatile survivability on uber damage ranged shots.
CM is wasted on ranged orbers as you never need it, better have a mass snare from hydra and do huge orb damage on 10ft radius.

Ive tried the wicked winds permafreeze build and many CM builds but this def has better mob control while holding dps/ap generation/ap on crits. Also any elite affix is manageable - you wont get pawned by a mob w a passive ground effect (arcane/dessecrator/molten w wicked).
Thanks for the post this was extremely informative as I'm leveling up my wizard and am looking for end game builds!
I beg to differ. I am doing fine with very low crit chance and damage. It's nice to have those stats, but its not mandatory to make a viable dps wizard.

To get endgame Act 4 stomping damage it is mate, try pulling off the average damage of 350k+ crits 40% of the time (mills on a mob crit) with intel stacking lol If you don't have crit damage / cc your doing your max dps but not really and endgame dps'er. Without a base modifier your damage will be relatively low- the amount crits scale your damage is ridiculous. Your damage% base (intel) should have a larger effect on damage output, but unfortunately, it doesn't.

It's not mandatory to use a dps build, its actually more needed at low damage without a modifier to dish damage fast enough. However it is mandatory to pull off endgame dps

07/06/2012 09:38 AMPosted by badmojo101
Thanks for the post this was extremely informative as I'm leveling up my wizard and am looking for end game builds!

:) you can start practicing DPS builds very early, try evocation/DS/tele/orbs to get the hang of hit/crit/reposition. There are many effective (and many rubbish) wizard spells, many work together well so you can mod any build to suit your play style.
Best way to power level mate is to be overpowered (it took me 15hours to get my wiz to 60)- get 3 socket chest, 2 socket pants, socket rings, socket helm- and drop in flawless square topaz. Then get a mate to invite you act 3 in current (level locked) diff, kill trash mobs, reap xp
>>
Weapon;Wand 750dps , 90% crit damage& socket (flawless star em);
>>

Good luck with that.

This is a major explanation why this build *might* work, except that those weps are extremely expensive/rare.
>>
Weapon;Wand 750dps , 90% crit damage& socket (flawless star em);
>>

Good luck with that.

This is a major explanation why this build *might* work, except that those weps are extremely expensive/rare.

309% crit damage, 35% cc but I farmed all act 3 with 200% crit damage n less than 30% cc, with the exact same build, now I just overkill O_0

You get similar damage with a 850dps and socket w a star (no bonus crit dam), i would suggest getting a wand champ, as you get a ranged shot that hits as hard as magic missile when your out of ap.

That weapon is actually nothing special (5mill max) and its first on the upgrade list; socketed 900dps w bonus 100% crit damage are rare, socketed 750 w bonus 90%, common. Almost every other piece of my gear is worth much more than that !@#$ty weapon. I've been looking for a 900dps w bonus crits, but I can't outbid the bots ffs lol
This build is mainly for endgamers that have stacked crit damage/ crit chance, but you only need 40k damage for it to roll act 3/4
To get endgame Act 4 stomping damage it is mate, try pulling off the average damage of 350k+ crits 40% of the time (mills on a mob crit) with intel stacking lol If you don't have crit damage / cc your doing your max dps but not really and endgame dps'er. Without a base modifier your damage will be relatively low- the amount crits scale your damage is ridiculous. Your damage% base (intel) should have a larger effect on damage output, but unfortunately, it doesn't. It's not mandatory to use a dps build, its actually more needed at low damage without a modifier to dish damage fast enough. However it is mandatory to pull off endgame dps

As someone who farms act4 5NV Diablo kills with a similar build to this (venom vs arcane hydra and familiar vs diamond skin), it works at lower ranges. I only sit at ~300% cDmg and just over 30% crit and it works fine, and that's quite low.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#cRQXSO!dgX!YbYaZc

This build isnt too shabby :) try it out^^
I'm sitting her scratching my head detecting the odd recognisable word in english and wondering what all the rest of it is (CMWW... proc etc)

Damn, I'm getting old...