Staff of Herding [inferno plans] - missing?

General Discussion
I've been stuck on Belial Inferno since the lag hit, I can't beat the poison explosions. So I had someone invite me to act 3 to grab the plans for staff of herding inferno and the merchant doesn't have the plans. Is this a nerf? I've even completed check points in inferno act 3 up to Ghom. Left game, relogged into Diablo and that merchant doesn't have the plans for staff of herding. I've completed the staff for Hell level, and had the staff in my inventory, and stash, and no change. So is this a stealth nerf? Do you have to progress and defeat Belial to have the plans show up now?
You gotta be in act 4 with the quest to kill diablo then the merchant will sell the plans.

or maybe they changed i can't keep up with the changes.
07/03/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Grummus
I've been stuck on Belial Inferno since the lag hit, I can't beat the poison explosions. So I had someone invite me to act 3 to grab the plans for staff of herding inferno and the merchant doesn't have the plans. Is this a nerf? I've even completed check points in inferno act 3 up to Ghom. Left game, relogged into Diablo and that merchant doesn't have the plans for staff of herding. I've completed the staff for Hell level, and had the staff in my inventory, and stash, and no change. So is this a stealth nerf? Do you have to progress and defeat Belial to have the plans show up now?

You need to be in Act 4 to get the plans for "Infernal Staff of Herding".
You have to kill Izual (join after Izual is killed) to unlock the plan for the staff of herding in that specific difficulty.
Thanks for the replies.
gudluck with izual spam frozen on inferno lvl for the staff plan.