CMs seem to be back..

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 51 Next
Don't call it a comeback!

What would you like a response to?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037265679

Is the development team looking into any of these issues?
Seriously though am I the only person around here that cares about the affix pool anymore?

Someone did a lengthy write up about it a couple months ago and the thread was highly rated and capped out, but there was never any acknowledgement.

And then I tried to bring the issue back up, and I don't even think the thread made 2.5 pages.

Is this in issue the community is no longer concerned about?

You're not the only one.

I'll throw my hand up in support of an affix overhaul.

I mean, how is melee supposed to overcome Waller / Jailer / Arcane Enchanted / Desecrator anyway...

But that's off topic I guess. Glad to see the CM's "back".

Thank you for the support. In my personal opinion (which isn't worth jack on the interwebz, I know) this is one of if not THE major design flaw with this game.

As far as I know, forum MVP's can forward specific threads to the CMs for recommended review. If I take the time to type up some sort of logical and eloquent commentary on the subject, would you let it be known?

I just want to know, because if the answer is "no, we won't add those ever", I'm going to RMAH all my gear and uninstall.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037265679

Is the development team looking into any of these issues?

Oh, and what this dude said. That guy made an awesome thread. Succinct and poignant.
Any plans to make Quest rewards more interesting? I believe gold rewards for quests are boring, and the quest farming problem for bots stems from the fact that easily completed quests can give greater rewards than the effort put into completing them.

So how about giving rewards for quest that have no monetary value but still manage to be interesting? Something bots would want nothing to do with, and that still manages to be fun and compelling for players?

Simple suggestion:
- Bring back permanent character upgrades/stat increase/rune improvement/armor/hp/base damage/resistance upon completing rare events
- Give choice of rewards for some events and quests
- Give new separate rewards for cooperative event/quest completion different from single player.
- Unlock new events only after clearing some events

This will do many things:
- Increase likelihood of players good out of there way to complete whole acts
- People would want to explore acts
- Discourage bots since they have no monetary value in and of themselves
- Players would feel stronger while playing, and wouldn't necessary need to rely on crutches like AH and RMAH
- Create attachment to characters: One where your actions have permanent effects on your character, instead of a dress up doll that is identical to all other players when stripped of their equipment.
- Gives player incentive to join groups, public games and friends to complete events and quests, and grow the social aspect of the game
- Choice of different permanent rewards give players permanent consequences to their decisions, thus allowing users to feel as if their actions matter
- Unlockable quests and events give players a feel of progress.
- Incentive to actually complete many long and strenuous achievements
:)

how about a response to repair cost... you guys have avoided this problem long enough
I like how he answers all the questions about achievements and stuff but avoids the big questions like why are the repair costs not being addressed or what are they going to do in the future patches

how about a response to repair cost... you guys have avoided this problem long enough

They've responded to this like six or eight times. They said they like repair costs were they are, and it's not changing. How much more of a response do you want?
Bashiok! please for the love of god, address the wizard's broken spells! - We cannot teleport out side of rooms nor can we cast spells around corners!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037346367?page=1#12
07/10/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Drothvader
I mean, how is melee supposed to overcome Waller / Jailer / Arcane Enchanted / Desecrator anyway...

Run Luke, run!

Run way the **** around that ****!
Any sneak peaks at what's in store for 1.0.4?

I rhymed like a boss, time to info toss. Spill the beans, you sarcasm machine.

INVENTORY SIZE!

When the hell did this become a concern? Oh my gosh, you people will whine about everything.

INVENTORY SIZE!

When the hell did this become a concern? Oh my gosh, you people will whine about everything.

QFT.

Inv is fine. Hoarding is a major concern and you should seek help.
Will we, at some point in the near future, be seeing a reworking of affixes, SPECIFICALLY mechanical affixes (ctc on hit, on struck, ignore monster d, prevent monster heal which would be AWESOME for elites) and whatnot as I inquired here:

As you may be aware we're working on pumping up Legendary items, and that includes a few different changes, one of which is some proc effects. That isn't to say it'll be the specific proc effects you're listing, though. We'll be sharing a few sneak peeks at some of what we are adding in the nearish future. As far as non-Legendary items, it's something we're considering but there's no concrete plans.

To give a little background: The skill system in Diablo III adds a ton of options and variety to what your character can do. At any time you can completely switch things around and be doing something completely different. So the idea was really embracing the new skill system, and taking those procs and seeing which ones would fit into skills. Granted, there's some tweaking to do there to try to make some more of the skill options viable, but that's the intent. Obviously now we're also looking to expand that to Legendary items, but in addition to skill changes that are coming I think we'll be interested to see how we effect builds and items before we take any further steps.