Naabski's Full Glass Cannon RoF Spec

Wizard
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
I'm focused on the farming aspect of the game and interested in MF gear as more of a priority.

What stats did you sacrifice when building an MF set?
I'm focused on the farming aspect of the game and interested in MF gear as more of a priority.

What stats did you sacrifice when building an MF set?

With my MF set I lose about 60k dps, but I did not spend very much gold on my MF set. Though I do still run my build when I use my MF set. I am sure if you spend enough gold on great MF items, then you wouldn't have to sacrifice that much DPS.
Naabski,

What gear do you have?

I'm lvl 60 and I can't seem to get my DPS past 30k.
whats with all the ridiculous glass cannon wiz builds? what do you do everytime you see reflect damage? remake?..
Naabski,

What gear do you have?

I'm lvl 60 and I can't seem to get my DPS past 30k.

You can actually get your DPS over 40k with less than 200k gold budget. Purchase cheap crit chance and crit damage items with intelligence, and keep stacking intelligence on all the other gear. You will melt Act 1 inferno, and be able to hunt in Act 2 as well.

I will be posting my gear soon, please be patient as I get around to finishing this guide.
07/21/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Meerkat
whats with all the ridiculous glass cannon wiz builds? what do you do everytime you see reflect damage? remake?..

Glass cannon build is a very fun way to play your character, as it required awareness and skill to play. Having to tactically position yourself and maneuver around dangers brings challenge and fun to this game.

Against reflect damage, my build would use diamond skin and potions to absorb some of the damage, life regen gets back hit points while I am not shooting. Obviously you have to pace yourself, and shoot periodically. You can also switch to a life on hit weapon to help off set some of the damage. I also do not use venom hydra when I am fighting an elite with reflect damage.
Glad you decided to make this thread. Very informative, and it will help me get some gear for when i decide to make a glass cannon :)
whatever floats ppl's boats i guess, but to me, saying glass cannon is more "fun and stimulating" is like saying playing naked is more stimulating... there are far better builds out there to farm with that doesn't involving watching every step and still dying 5x+ per run. And no it isn't faster, im 100% sure a well balanced gear set farms much faster than 250k dps and 0 survivability.

to me glass cannon builds are either for people who can't afford proper gear and must focus on 1 stat or for DHs who can use smoke screen and stay 2 screens away.
whatever floats ppl's boats i guess, but to me, saying glass cannon is more "fun and stimulating" is like saying playing naked is more stimulating... there are far better builds out there to farm with that doesn't involving watching every step and still dying 5x+ per run. And no it isn't faster, im 100% sure a well balanced gear set farms much faster than 250k dps and 0 survivability.

to me glass cannon builds are either for people who can't afford proper gear and must focus on 1 stat or for DHs who can use smoke screen and stay 2 screens away.

As far as the "better builds" there is no perfect build, no matter what build you will go with will have a weakness. For example, tank wizards are prone to arcane sentry, shielding and invulnerable minions. While glass cannons can make short work of those, our troubled elites can easily be beaten by a tank build.

As far as your comment about zero survivability, which I am assuming you are referring to my comment about neglecting any resists what so ever. There are other dimensions of defense, such as dodge chance, life regen, and movement speed. Those three stats when stacked will make your glass cannon survive as well if not better than a wizard with 40k+ hp and 800+ all resist.

This build is more focused towards many different stats. For the entry level Inferno players, they will focus solely on Int, Vit, and Crit affixes. But after you have farmed for gold and are able to afford more expensive gear, there are many other stats to pursue (such as: dexterity, life regeneration, magic find, movement speed). Believe me the cost of gear with high life regen, high int, and vitality can cost 10x-20x more than just plain Int/Vit gear. I have to spend about 20-100 million just to get an upgrade for one piece of gear.

I would also like to add that yes, I do die, and everyone will die. I have seen a Barbarian with 87k hp and 1500 all resist die, when faced with a dangerous controlling situation. There is no "perfect build" and the best build is the one that suits your play style.

Your thoughts are appreciated, and though you may not have anything positive to say about this kind of build, many people have switched to this build and progressed further in their game than before. When paired with the proper items, this build is an overall balanced build that can solo, group, and MF anywhere and anytime.

Thank you for your opinions. :)
for soloing, there may not be a "perfect" build, but for duo'ing you can easily capitalize on a strength and have your partner complement you.

I duo with tank barbs using CM/Archon, and so far i do not see any weakenss with this build. I pretty much never die, and if i do its usually because i did something stupid. and there are no mobs that are hard for this build - i have never skipped a pack since i started duo'ing with barbs.

in archon form with a warcry, i have 9k armor, 1800+ AR, 45k hp and 350k dps. i tank vortex arcane, i sit in fire, i tank mortar, and i kill trash faster than i can walk past them.

if you want me to show you the "perfect build" i think this is as close as it gets.

archon duo'ing is faster and safer than other builds with any level of gear, you should try it sometime.
Hey man I'm checking out some of your videos, they are great. You are very relaxed and friendly, keep it up.
07/21/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Dennis
Hey man I'm checking out some of your videos, they are great. You are very relaxed and friendly, keep it up.

Thanks Dennis, I am glad you enjoyed our videos. We try to keep a relaxed vibe while we play, even if we are having a bad run like our last video. We have a lot of fun playing this game, and I personally will be playing this game for years to come. I hope to see you in the stream tonight, and thank you for taking the time to watch our videos. :D
Guys I have put a link up for my gear and stats!

Check it out at:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/mygearj.jpg/
Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful info.

Been having a lot of fun with this set-up. I'm around 72k dps now (on paper, but my helm has a bunch of rof crit chance) and farming a3 without difficulty unless I meet a particularly rough pack. With a couple more upgrades I'll really be melting stuff.

Prior to this I ran a melee wiz, but frankly that's just broken, and not a whole lot of fun. This is a fun build and worth trying.
Naabski,

Also, how do you get the gold to pay for this stuff!? Looks expensive.

Should we worry about Armor Rating or does that take a back seat to stats? It looks like you have some lower AR items.
Naabski,

Also, how do you get the gold to pay for this stuff!? Looks expensive.

Should we worry about Armor Rating or does that take a back seat to stats? It looks like you have some lower AR items.

Hi Cuitarded. I have been farming since day 1 of D3 release, and I was able to get many of these items before the huge gold inflation. Sadly I don't get godly drops, and the best thing I ever found was only worth 15 million. I spend a lot of time in the AH, and I do a lot of crafting. My fortune comes from selling items fast, cheap, and in large quantities. Once or twice a week I will do an auction house stream providing tips and strategy on how to make a decent amount of gold on a daily basis. I invite everyone to come check it out and I am always willing to share my auction house tactics with anybody who is interested. I also provide free crafting to help those who dont have or can't afford 6 property recipes.

As far as armor rating, yes, it takes a back seat just like all resist. Since force armor blocks 65% damage of your maximum hp, vitality is the most important stat for being able to take hits with this build. Just remember that your hit points must be delicately balanced for the most efficiency (around 30-32k hit points for act 3).
Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful info.

Been having a lot of fun with this set-up. I'm around 72k dps now (on paper, but my helm has a bunch of rof crit chance) and farming a3 without difficulty unless I meet a particularly rough pack. With a couple more upgrades I'll really be melting stuff.

Prior to this I ran a melee wiz, but frankly that's just broken, and not a whole lot of fun. This is a fun build and worth trying.

I am very happy that this build is working for you Emet, and it seems you are on the right track. Thank you for your feedback, and I wish you the best luck with your act 3 inferno farming.
Thanks Naab.

When is your next AH stream? I'd be interested in watching.
It may not be too big of a deal, but during solo play which follower and skill set up do you use with them?