Follow-Up Points

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 40 Next
Vortex, Frozen, and Waller belong with the CC, Reflect Damage belongs in Defensive.
Gives it a 6/9/9 spread instead of a 3/8/13 spread.
Also, it makes sense.

Completely agree with this.
07/10/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
One of the biggest issues we discovered with IAS was that it actively limited build diversity. While IAS was pretty strong on its own, when coupled with certain gear and skill combinations, it simply became too alluring for a lot of players to ignore. So, instead of seeing an increase in gear and skill diversity over time, what we actually saw was more and more players shifting to IAS-focused builds almost exclusively. On a scale large, it was crippling experimentation and skill diversity.

Thank you for posting replies, however, I disagree with the above quoted statement. D3 was supposed to be fun, play as thou wilt ARPG (Or so Jay lead people to believe). Due to a successful attribute, IAS, which became a desired and sought after commodity, ActiBlizz decides it's not encouraging "diversity"? Hence the nerf.

This is a perfect example of ActiBlizz deciding what's fun, viable and limits player choices regarding game mechanics. One of the reasons I won't play D3 anymore. So when the next hot trendy item becomes sought after, expect another nerf. That doesn't make sense.

Why not concentrate on expanding player choices, skills, usable drops, etc. I was under the impression games should be fun and challenging, not penalizing your customers.
07/10/2012 05:57 PMPosted by richemont
How about fixing drops. Why does a mid 50's gear drop at all in inferno?

Probably one of the biggest things that frustrates people in Inferno. I would be ok with lvl 59 items...but only in Act 1. Anything below that is just ridiculous. If the answer to that would be we need something to sell for gold then just increase the gold drop.
07/10/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Bloodychef
I was expecting vendors to work like WoW where you can shift-click and be able to type in the amount to purchase. Should be in D3 for potions.

The one thing that they didn't take from WoW.
I like how the suggestions this thing decided to respond to aren't actually anything anyone cares about.

Buying potions faster?
Town healer healing your companion?
Gem stack size?

How about comment on suggestions people have made to actually FIX THE GAME.
07/10/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Lightning
Lets talk about PvP. Considering how broken the game is. Is PvP going to make its way into D3 at all? Can you guys at least give us something about PvP? I don't think I've heard anything about it other than it won't be ready for launch.

All I have to say is, when PvP finally launches, good luck against my melee wizard. Your character is going to be frozen for 90+% of the fight.
07/10/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Scrappa
One of the biggest issues we discovered with IAS was that it actively limited build diversity.

What build diversity? D3 has essentially no build diversity, regardless of IAS. You guys failed at your own goals. This is shameful and I'm disgusted with Blizzard as a whole.

Blizzard repeatedly said D3 would have huge build diversity and that was by far the most attractive thing about the game. Too bad in reality it's THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE.

And there's no excuse for it - this "well rectify it in 1.4" BS is completely inexcusable. You should have never launched with the game in as piss poor of a state as it is. You guys failed *at your own goals.* This is undeniable.

Huh? Outside of WD (whom are in a terrible spot)

What class can't run 3 different builds?
move jailer and frozen over the the strong cc.... frozen is by far stronger than jailer or knockback.

One of the biggest issues we discovered with IAS was that it actively limited build diversity. While IAS was pretty strong on its own, when coupled with certain gear and skill combinations, it simply became too alluring for a lot of players to ignore. So, instead of seeing an increase in gear and skill diversity over time, what we actually saw was more and more players shifting to IAS-focused builds almost exclusively. On a scale large, it was crippling experimentation and skill diversity.

Thank you for posting replies, however, I disagree with the above quoted statement. D3 was supposed to be fun, play as thou wilt ARPG (Or so Jay lead people to believe). Due to a successful attribute, IAS, which became a desired and sought after commodity, ActiBlizz decides it's not encouraging "diversity"? Hence the nerf.

This is a perfect example of ActiBlizz deciding what's fun, viable and limits player choices regarding game mechanics. One of the reasons I won't play D3 anymore. So when the next hot trendy item becomes sought after, expect another nerf. That doesn't make sense.

Why not concentrate on expanding player choices, skills, usable drops, etc. I was under the impression games should be fun and challenging, not penalizing your customers.

perfect example of players only thinking of themselves and what serves them. IAS was ridiculous. it needed to be nerfed. It wasn't about the damage, it was about how fast people were attacking. They are completely right on this one. And it was causing some bugs. They did concentrate on expanding player choices, with ias stats that high, there obviously was only going to be a few ways to go, especially true for wiz/dh. You just dont want to see it.
I think the Jailer and Frozen affixes should definitely be in the "Strong CC" group.
I just realized what's wrong.

I just realized why I'm so bored.

It's the leveling, or lack thereof.

Remove the level cap.

And 'build diversity'? hehehe that's funny. There is no diversity, not like D2 had.
Add a button to swap full set of items hmmmmmm good idea no?
07/10/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Adept
But i've seen frozen jailer vortex X tons of times

The original list placed frozen and jailer under the Aggressive category, which the OP stated as:
"Aggressive" (No Limit):
Allow us to revive our followers when they die like we do with premades
I just realized what's wrong.

I just realized why I'm so bored.

It's the leveling, or lack thereof.

Remove the level cap.

And 'build diversity'? hehehe that's funny. There is no diversity, not like D2 had.

Every class can run at least 3 different builds.
I love how the answer to #1 is not at all what's been said many times before. If you need a reminder: you said that it was due to resource generation caused by IAS. Not build diversity.
Why do level 58- items fall in the level 60+ area?
Its hard enough to beat some of those packs of elites, and when I do, after maybe dieing once , I pay 8g and my reward is.....lvl54 200 dps weapon with int, and gold find.......:( Its feels terrible, costs to much and I really don't enjoy it. RNG is RNG, but come on, Why cant I get atleast a terrible ilevel 60 item?

I like that and diablo 2 did the same thing. It lets you find some really powerful items for your other characters as they level. It's a random loot system so it can't be stacked in the higher level range just to make to odds of a perfect drop better. Personally I think that is the least worrisome of the issues with the game play at the moment.
...Oh no sorry, that was wrong, the least worrisome issue is potion stacking.........