Game Limits Re-Enabled (Updated)

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
08/14/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Inukedyou
first of all Blizz... Limit can be reached in 20 actions in 5 mins like talking to npc's for achievement... in "sark farming", in game selection (NOT CREATION) and also it seems in trade windows and also in typing. these are major issues. use the weekly downtime. fix this problem. cause at the moment this game is only 60% playable 40% of the time. also in actions like sark farming. this isnt against tos. yet youre limiting our ability to do this now. reduce his loot. dont enter a " so-called" fix that messes up complete gameplay. thats just 3rd grade thinking... common... you pay people to fix this stuff. and WE ARE GIVING YOU FREE ANSWERS!
I feel very bad for anyone trying to lvl up hardcore toons by the way... between random boots... disconnects on stable internet, and now this..... unfaire booting from d3 servers... SHAME on you Blizzard staff. stop implimenting the wrong "fixes" that wont stop what youre trying to stop....

I love you both. So much.
I have encountered the "Input Limit Reached" message while helping friends to kill some bosses 20x so far, is that a crime? to helping friends out?

When "Input Limit Reached" hits its even worse then in WoW, in WoW u have a limit for Dungeon, but in D3 u cant even do anything, so Blizz take the right to say when its enough for us, just like they say how on suppose to play the game and what fun is and what not.

In this case I welcome the Hack society which Blizzard trys to fight, cause they allow a player to
play a game whenever they want and as often as they want, just like a game (d1,d2)
suppose to be.

Ps. Also a other proof that the limit doesn't work how it suppose to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfS4jlLpq_8
I have reached the limit twice today and each time I only joined one game and stayed for 30 seconds.
I have a suggestion to blizzard that may or may not make it to the right people, but here goes anyways...

As a former computer programmer I am aware of the capabilities of the power of coding, with that being said how can Blizzard not create a simple code to counteract 3rd party scripts, programs, or BOT farmers by simply adding a line to their much read "Terms" page that allows the Diablo 3 game to be wholely self contained.

By this I mean there is a way to tell if someone is actually using their keyboard or if there is actually a background service running that is taking full control of the Diablo 3 program, making it the primary app, and then repeating the same steps with lines and lines of code.

You think the ASCII code of the a nummber "1" keystroke is gonna be the same as the amount of binary in a script which eventually gives out the same binary number to make a keystroke?

All in all I say if these "so called hackers" ((I say this because true hackers never do harm)) can you keylogers and scripts and programs then why cant Blizzard do the same as a counteracting measure?????

Well, we shall see..........
/push
It's easy to see what's going on here if you just make a couple of assumptions that are probably true, of course unless you work for blizzard you couldn't really know.

The first assumption is that you cannot stop botters and gold farmers. Sure you can reduce their numbers from time to time, but so long as there's a market for them they will continue unfettered. The second assumption is that making video games is about making money, at least for blizzard, but this is true for almost all video game companies.

It is my opinion based on these assumptions that this game creation limit is about money being spent on servers and server maintenance. Reducing your bottom line increases your profits.

As far as I can tell, the only type of botting they effect with the game limit is rapid game creating sarkoth runs. It's probably hard for warden to tell if a script running is malicious or not, but obviously there are better solutions than game limits to sarkoth run bots if blizzard was simply looking out for the players (ie: patching sarkoth out of the game entirely).

So unless the d3 developers are really dumb (which is doubtful) they would never cripple a huge game mechanic that clearly effects almost every player just for, I don't know, a few thousand sarkoth bots. Basically I think botting was the perfect excuse to enable this input limiter so that they could save money on servers. From what I've read it does sound somewhat taxing to create as many games as the servers must create every second. Whether it's a good long term investment for d3 to piss off this many legitimate players remains to be seen.
08/15/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Tristna
When "Input Limit Reached" hits its even worse then in WoW, in WoW u have a limit for Dungeon, but in D3 u cant even do anything,

i like this point
my friend was ban for saying botting goblin to many times n closing his account ... blizzard u are making diablo3 player playing legit for hunting goblin also a botter ? for those hunting goblin are also a hacker or botter or just a tester diablo 3 for blizzard ?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368566944
my frenz id wan ban for farming goblin
worst idea ever. They think this is how 3rd party sites make their gold and now sell it for .90 a mil ? ROFL...Blizzard higher some real players to teach you how these things work. and stop trying fix something by screwing others.
I had a few "input limit reached" when I browsed the Auction House on a softcore hero then switch to hardcore hero.
[quote]
For us legit, regular players, you've been using the "stick" way too often, but there are no "carrots" to keep us interested in Diablo 3.

I have some suggestions:
You need a new ToS that validates Game Creation Limits.
You need to give the community some carrots VERY SOON, like... today.
- Give a specific timeline for 1.04. We already paid for a finished product; deliver it.
- Impose your Game Creation Limit (stick) but revert environment loot "Vase Gold" (carrot)
- Disable cut scenes and game play interruptions in nightmare, hell and inferno. (carrot)

I was a Diablo fanboy, but it's frustrating being punished for playing the game the way you nice folks designed it... then redesigned it... then nerfed it... then changed the rules... etc.

He's got it right.

I've been arguing that Blizzard has demonstrated it holds a "punitive" mindset toward game play.

Your carrot/stick analogy is dead-on, and thank you for sayin' it, sir! :)
The game creation limit, while a noble attempt at limiting botters (whom I detest for what they've done to this game--pushing prices forever beyond what I can pay), has several times prevented me from playing the game.

I play, go to the AH, switch characters, and then get shoved back out to the login screen because I've reached the game creation limit.

And I'm a casual player!

I'm not asking Blizzard to revert it back...not sure what's the better solution. If it impedes botters, so much the better, as far as that goes.

But I will say it's VERY INCONVENIENT for the player/customer. Not friendly game design.

When I get shoved to that login screen...half the time I just give up playing and play Civ 5 or CoD instead.
08/17/2012 09:07 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
I had a few "input limit reached" when I browsed the Auction House on a softcore hero then switch to hardcore hero.

I encounted the same issue
The game creation limit, while a noble attempt at limiting botters (whom I detest for what they've done to this game--pushing prices forever beyond what I can pay), has several times prevented me from playing the game.

I play, go to the AH, switch characters, and then get shoved back out to the login screen because I've reached the game creation limit.
And I'm a casual player!

I'm not asking Blizzard to revert it back...not sure what's the better solution. If it impedes botters, so much the better, as far as that goes.

But I will say it's VERY INCONVENIENT for the player/customer. Not friendly game design.

When I get shoved to that login screen...half the time I just give up playing and play Civ 5 or CoD instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfS4jlLpq_8
Is it just me or anyone also suspect that the re-enabling of input game limit has something to do with the crazy lag/latency problem going on in the past few days?
This input limit reached thing is getting really annoying. It has gotten to a point where I just stop playing after I get 1 of these pop up, and they show up so frequently. It even pops up when I join the first game of the day. This post has been up for over a month. When will this get fixed?
08/06/2012 09:40 PMPosted by YouNeedSleep
This stopped bots about as well as your Online-only DRM stopped all those bots/explots/hacks

LOL had to laugh
Oh yay, so you aren't really affecting the bots, they will just allow for less game creations over a set time, you are really only hurting the legitimate player who grinds for gold to try to compete with bots to make sells in the RMAH. My biggest fear is that i will be mistaken for a bot simply because i am trying to grind gold the same way they do just to try to afford a gear upgrade. I mean look at rares in the gold ah not to mention how cheap the gear has become on the rmah. on a 1.25 sale you get 21 cents and blizzard gets a dollar. Perhaps a smaller fee for lower priced sales is in order. Gold has almost no value unless you have a huge pile of it. You can barely even make a sale since the bots have flooded the ah with tons of rares and legendaries already. Limiting games is not the answer but i think Gms looking in on solo games that repeat over and over, to truely decide if its a bot or a player is a better idea. Try a hands on approach please. Yeah so spend some of that money you have made, hire some players even if you have to. Where do i apply?
Botters provide Blizzard with large amounts of income. Warden does not stop botters and it appears this is intentional. Input limits mostly effect public games, botters do specific runs in solo games. Sure it appears they're trying to stop botters when you see an input limit but with common sense and some history you see that Blizzard wants botters, and they don't care if the economy gets destroyed as its all about bottom line profits these days. Stop feeding us lies, or actually do something to stop botters.