You want to fight bots? USE CAPTCHAS!

General Discussion
Authenticator code required for every game made. Done.
Oh and for us legit players. Let us change fricking acts with in the same game and also keep nephalem valor.
07/17/2012 04:10 AMPosted by VeGaara
The captchas will don't appear if you aren't playing, Taiga. Its f***ing obvious. Only who plays the 24 hours (the bots) can be banned for this system.

"will don't" appear? Stupid idea. Captcha's were and remain to be one of the stupidest things ever invented.

If you guys cannot think isn't my fault. Hackers cannot bypass a picture captcha, read a picture is a thing that the machines can't do.

Yes, they can. Bots and computers can bypass captchas. Period.

Once again, if a bot ignores a captcha 3 times (exiting the game) the account will be banned.

Good thing it can't be normal players too!

They can read byte characters, but NO pictures.

Seriusly, you are computer users? Everyone knows this.

Incorrect!

EDIT: And I repeat, the game-limit will do not ANYTHING.

Will do not anything? Really?
07/17/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Veyron

What about people without authenticators?
07/17/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Con

What about people without authenticators?

Cant play the game obviously.
Easy way to deter the botters, nerf gold and item drops in static areas. In fact, set the drops to 0.

As far as I know, the bots can only work in static (non changing map) areas.

So, why doesn't Blizzard do this ?
07/17/2012 04:23 AMPosted by Chucksta

You would be wrong.

You would be wrong.

Interesting, the ones I know of can't. I'll do some research on this.

The few bots I am aware of, looking at their forums, non static maps are an issue, a major issue.

More research needed, I think.

Are we allowed to mention bot/company names in here ? Just as a means to prove or disprove my case.
The captchas will don't appear if you aren't playing, Taiga. Its f***ing obvious. Only who plays the 24 hours (the bots) can be banned for this system.

If you guys cannot think isn't my fault. Hackers cannot bypass a picture captcha, read a picture is a thing that the machines can't do.

Once again, if a bot ignores a captcha 3 times (exiting the game) the account will be banned.

Dumbass.
07/17/2012 04:24 AMPosted by Con

You would be wrong.

He is right. Non-static map exploration are still in development.

No bot is capable of that, period.
Easy way to deter the botters, nerf gold and item drops in static areas. In fact, set the drops to 0.

Heh,I've seen bots play the game better than most players, pathfinding isn't a problem, most maps are static with very few changing elements. Also they can pick up items and detect their ilvl, id them, sell them...
07/17/2012 04:31 AMPosted by Revy

You would be wrong.

He is right. Non-static map exploration are still in development.

No bot is capable of that, period.

You think what you need.
Time limits on games only hurts the player not the bot. The worst idea ever.

Heh,I've seen bots play the game better than most players, pathfinding isn't a problem, most maps are static with very few changing elements. Also they can pick up items and detect their ilvl, id them, sell them...

You make a good point about most maps being static with very few changing elements. If you really think about it, they are, and you're right. Maybe, the issue then is in getting the toon stuck on randomly positioned foliage or other type of scenery.

Oh well, and damn.

Anyway, for me it's not the farming bots that are the real problem, it's the AH bots. That lot should be hung, drawn and quartered.
Captcha will only stop bot that is using AutoIt.

For bot that is using injection. It see everything. Every single monsters, barrels, pop up screens are under it control. The bot doesn't not need to solve the captcha puzzle, it send the image to a decaptcha site (google it) to be solve and get the answer back. Cost involve in this setup is dirty cheap. The Evony game implemented this and it failed terribly.

Trust me, captcha will only hurt legit player. Also, there are people with eye sight problem that will not be able to solve the captcha.

DROP IT ALREADY.