A Suggestion

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I do not like to complain and try hard to stay positive. Of this I am surely positive that the gems should be a color, other than white. My eyes are not very good any more, and I find I have overlooked many gems simply because they are white. Perhaps others have suggested this but, I couldn't find anything on the subject. And if possible could the font in our chats between friends and other game players be a tiny bit larger? The text in the boxes from the game itself is nice and large with a darker background so it is easy for us to read. these are not big important issues but may make playing a bit nicer for the older eyes who love to play the game. Thank you to whoever reads this from Blizzard and many, many thanks, to those who implement the suggestions.
Older post, but this is relevant:

Changing the text color of gems (as well as potions, crafting pages, and tomes) has been something we've debated doing and not doing for a while now. We've finally come to an agreement, though, and decided to change the ground text color for these items from white to light blue. This is something we looking to implement in a future patch.

(We're also looking to make the gem drop sound much more prominent.)
Cool!
Cool :) my eyes aren't what they used to be, either!
Light blue? That's cool. Didn't Diablo have that distinct sound when you dropped a ring or something like that?
08/02/2012 11:47 AMPosted by kord
Cool :) my eyes aren't what they used to be, either!

Changing the text color of gems (as well as potions, crafting pages, and tomes) has been something we've debated doing and not doing for a while now. We've finally come to an agreement, though, and decided to change the ground text color for these items from white to light blue. This is something we looking to implement in a future patch.

Nice! Great change, looking forward to seeing it.

I can't argue with this, changing the color of the text would be a minor detail, but still needed.
Why can't you create something in options that allows us to choose colors for ourselves?
Double good! When in a situation where I'm back tracking I'll often find gems and crafting mats that I've passed up on.
good change but drops have bigger problems then colors and sound effects...
I'm so glad this immensely important problem is finally getting the resources it deserves -- I can think of few things more important for the Diablo 3 team to thoroughly debate.

I like it. The more variety and interest the better!
Can you change the color of letters and lore books as well? Green means set items. It is really disappointing to pick up a book that you thought was set item earlier.
Thanks blue for the quick feedback. The community really appreciates it. Don't mind the trolls :D