A Suggestion

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I SAID what about the green troll colour of story drops! i love how u americans claim right to free speech , i didnt deleted anything meh
Older post, but this is relevant:

Changing the text color of gems (as well as potions, crafting pages, and tomes) has been something we've debated doing and not doing for a while now. We've finally come to an agreement, though, and decided to change the ground text color for these items from white to light blue. This is something we looking to implement in a future patch.

(We're also looking to make the gem drop sound much more prominent.)

When you uff legendaries, can you also make those golden instead of orange? Like...in diablo?
I cant belive it, all the therads about real problems in this game and the blues answer all the threads like this one.Even the threads with screenshots, no blue ,no answers lmao ,A small unimportant issue and here they are. My eyes are not as good as they was 30 years ago ethier, 48 if i go all the way back. But to be honest i would rather read a blues responce to a issue that effects the game play than a issue about the color of text on gems.You do know you can hit the alt key and all the loot becomes visable. if you cant see a gem by doing that ,,,
08/02/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Jackeler
I cant belive it, all the therads about real problems in this game and the blues answer all the threads like this one.Even the threads with screenshots, no blue ,no answers lmao ,A small unimportant issue and here they are. My eyes are not as good as they was 30 years ago ethier, 48 if i go all the way back. But to be honest i would rather read a blues responce to a issue that effects the game play than a issue about the color of text on gems.You do know you can hit the alt key and all the loot becomes visable. if you cant see a gem by doing that ,,,

They seem to be replying to specific things that they can confirm are being worked on and fixed. On one hand, you could look at it as a non-issue.. on the other, you could use this as some anecdotal evidence that they really do read these forums and are aware of what we are saying.
08/02/2012 11:53 AMPosted by TheDarkNut
Thanks blue for the quick feedback. The community really appreciates it. Don't mind the trolls :D

If someone complains about this thread not being important, and how the game has bigger issues that are posted and no blue responding to them. Thats not trolling, or flaming ,or hateing.
Its pointing out the obvious, the dev team has the wrong priorities, and the blues are sending them threads like this one . So the real issues fall between the cracks and get lost.

for instance: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036503881?page=4#64

has screenshots as well, and alot more important.

Changing the text color of gems (as well as potions, crafting pages, and tomes) has been something we've debated doing and not doing for a while now. We've finally come to an agreement, though, and decided to change the ground text color for these items from white to light blue. This is something we looking to implement in a future patch.

Any plans (or are you at least considering) to brighten or change the color of text for legendary items? It's often very hard to see. I missed a legendary amulet last night in desolate sands; only discovered it fifteen minutes later when kiting away from an elite pack. Others on this forum have echoed this sentiment.
Could you consider making characters automatically pick up potions up to the stack limit of whatever potions you are already carrying?
easy in a program, this kind of a change could be made and tested within 2 days. Why wont it make it for 1.0.4?

Not all of the changes going into 1.0.4 are locked down yet. So, while it's very possible that this change will make 1.0.4 (and that's what we're aiming for), it's also possible that due to testing or implementation or scheduling needs it may not. It's something we want to do -- and would like to do in 1.0.4 if everything works out -- but it may just need to happen at a later point.

make the orange on legendaries brighter too. they are also kinda hard to see!
Blizzard has 10 years worth of data on how people try to cheat / ALTER video games. Look at that data, implement the stuff automatically into your game that enhances play and doesn't break the rules.

Example #1. D2 Maphack. No, I'm not saying let people maphack. But maphack did have built in options to change the text of certain classes of drops. You could make all high runes bright red for instance.

Example #2. D2 pickit, gold pick, etc. which is where I'm presuming you got the idea to allow players to auto-pick gold. You could build in options for things I want to auto-pick up (potions, gems, etc.) with a check box.

You have to ask yourself, why not? Why allow some things to be auto picked and others not to? Is the mechanic only in game to slow us down? Same goes for having to ID rares. We know the item stats have already been decided. If yes, find another way of limitiing the supply side of the economy.
^
Making Jewels drop as blue would RIGHT NOW take 1 MINUTE and could be done without any testing.
But lets just pretend its a huge process that needs 20 people to work on it for extended periods of time.
I think the better perspective to take is this. If it takes them more than 10 minutes to change a color on all 3 platforms (Server, Mac, Windows) then bizz has made far more errors in their programming and program architecture than they should have. Which case in point, is taking far longer to produce any fixes / new content / broken everything that launches. They can blow smoke and say that the problems are very complex and they are just trying to produce the best game possible, but in all reality they are running around franticly trying to save a ship that has more holes than the Titanic.

What i find to be the most arrogant is this, they could be running 2 release schedules, one with current bug fixes / new concepts and one with a re-factored mainline to try and right things again, but their blatant arrogance and walled garden approach is flat out reprehensible.

What happened to Runes, Sapphires, Diamonds and Skulls? :(

I understand simplifying stats and skills, but why loot? T.T

I don't think there is much of a dead horse left to beat but, a robust loot index is what made D2 addictive (not to mention Baal runs). Between D1, D2 and D3 there are many changes, however why did the fundamentals change from D2 to D3?

Shouldn't D2 be considered the blueprint?

On a side note, I know the focus in D3 was to shift from boss runs to champs but, they were so fun... Can't bosses at least be put on equal ground as far as loot?
08/02/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Lylirra

Man, that's great because I've seen so many posts on here about the gem drop sound and it's audibility. I can't WAIT to take out my hearing aids when playing D3. I've been looking forward to this and I'm glad you guys listened to the community on this one. Thanks so much!
08/02/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Lylirra
Changing the text color of gems

Can you also make is so that only Flawless Square Gems drop in Inferno? It's rather worthless to keep getting Square Gems and never having any Tomes of Jewlcrafting as those don't drop in Inferno.
I would love to get a message or update in game when someone buyouts my auction. The same way we are alerted when a friend comes online would be great.
Can you make all the white items gray? Seems like they're worth as much anyway.