1 vs. 1 multi-character pvp

General Discussion
I'm just thinking about some improvements of the game.. maybe add a 1 vs 1 multi character pvp. where you choose 3 of you characters to fight in sequence. One Character per round consisting of 3 rounds.. Maybe 3 mages or a combination of barb, mage and monk.. And then like a pvp buff Ex. Lightning Buff ( where all your lightning related attacks get bonuses) and you can get all the nature buff when you complete the inferno mode (ex. lightning, fire, poison...). And maybe an elite buff if you complete the hardcore mode for a certain character.. Then and only then can you use the buff for pvp if you completed such.

The game would automatically make your low level boost up to 60 but with limited skills. So its better to join with all 3 level 60's.. Its for end game..so players would want to complete inferno..And that buff is per character that finishes inferno.. 3x is just an example..maybe just 1x would be okay..if you choose not to finish inferno you get the general buff (ex. protection from fire ).. but the advantages of focusing your gear on certain elemental bonuses would benefit your character if you get the bonus elemental buffs when you finish inferno..It might take time but you'll get there... i don't know how they would balance it..maybe i guess they would get some ideas on those card games like MAGIC the gathering.. there's this blue deck..green deck etc..so in diablo 3 its ( fire,lighting..pure poison..pure holy..etc.. ) the combination of characters and certain elemental bonuses would determine your win..Cause im thinking that even if you have the toughest character, these elemental bonuses would surely make a weakness for one of your characters in the game..
pvp wouldn't help this game, cuz this game is 99.9 gears orientated. There is no skills involved in this game and there is only a couple viable builds for each classes. In SC2, a bronze league player might be able to cheese a master league player like 1 out of every 10 times. But the guys with the better gears in D3 will win 100% the time, no competition whatsoever.
so protection buffs and elemental damage bonus buffs in pvp would help balance this i guess... that's the only thing i can think that might balance this if ever pvp comes out..cause you are right good gear would surely win.. with elemental buff..if you focus on for example lightning..its the strong attack you'll have that would be a weakness for the other player..and with the protection buff ( ex. protection from fire )..that character with the nicest gear would not kill you easily if his main damage would be fire attacks.. (ex. protection from physical attacks) any physical damage would do less damage to you..and so on... so i guess this would balance things..and you'll have a chance to win a geared player...
I've made a thread about this before and I will say it again.

They should add duelling before pvp comes out so people can duel each other for fun. Who cares if it isn't balanced yet, if it's just fun duelling (SAME AS WOW...) then who cares if your friend roflowns u because they outgear u, maybe they have a crappier weapon in their stash they can chuck on for the duel.

I want to duel. There must be plenty of others who want to fight their friends. Didn't any of you play wow? Did you not duel people even when not even 60?

07/17/2012 03:44 AMPosted by Carson
pvp wouldn't help this game, cuz this game is 99.9 gears orientated. There is no skills involved in this game and there is only a couple viable builds for each classes. In SC2, a bronze league player might be able to cheese a master league player like 1 out of every 10 times. But the guys with the better gears in D3 will win 100% the time, no competition whatsoever.

Did you ever play D2? Obviously not. Or maybe you did and only PVE'D. Nothing wrong with that. However PVP is what kept that game alive for so long and why there was a dedicated fan base for so many years. You think people did boss runs for 5 years just to look at shiny items? No, they used it to buy pvp gear.

No skill? Of course there is skill, it's just different skill to SC2. Saying there is no skill in D3 PVP is like saying there is no skill in DOTA/2 or HON hero battles. It's the same kind of concept. You think people are going to just let themselves be hit by things? Maybe the noobs will, but I'm sure in competitive pvp there will be a lot of skill and mind games in dodging attacks, as well as hitting moving targets. Eg, if you leap attack to a target, unless they aren't watching you, they will just move and you will miss, and then you are vulnerable. You will have to predict where they move. Same with DH Impale, etc etc etc.

Sure it is gear orientated but if you are fighting people with similar gear then it balances out.

If you ACTUALLY LOOK at how they are making pvp, THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
You will be ranked based on your gear score (probably based from stats) and also skill score (number of win/loss ratio most likely, taking into account number of matches)

It's NOT like they are going to be randomly thrown against someone who obviously outgears you and just 1hits you. Thatd be stupid.

Although it would be cool if that was an OPTION; non-gear scored pvp battles, so not only are you testing your skills but your farming skills =P
I'm sure some players would like doing that, even just to see how geared/strong some characters can be (gives people something to look up to/want to get it).

I would say there are far more viable PVP builds in D3 than PVE builds. In fact, a lot of skills were OBVIOUSLY MADE FOR PVP. Don't believe me? Look at your characters skills and I promise you when you look at runes and view it from a pvp standpoint, instead of pve, you will realise they will be useful.

I think D3 PVP will be awesome. Regardless of what they do with arenas etc, the way the characters are designed, and the variability in possible moves, will definitely be interesting...because there will be some builds that counter others (although thats where skill comes into it, because even if a player has a better skill set than their opponent, they may not be as good at pvp, thus still lose).