So I've Pre-purchased Guild Wars 2

General Discussion
I have watched many video about Guild Wars 2 gameplay.
It seems fun so I pre-purchase it. Going to play the beta
in this week. Hhehe

Blizzard, I love Diablo 3, I really do.
But I start feeling bored about this game.
I haven't finished Inferno but I see no point proceeding
the game.

I hope you can come out something or give me a
reason to play it. Now, I just log in and check out the
Auction House to make some gold. =(
Tell us all how the beta is looking out.
Yep prepurchased it too. Game looks amazing! Can't wait for June 20 to try the beta.
You can check the video out in Youtube.
The PvP is not gear dependent.

Dynamic event give you something to do
instead of killing endless mobs.
GW2 looks boring to me based on the trailer...........
and the class are boring, all the skill they showed....can't impress me at all

However, I really like GW. So, I might give GW2 a try if my friends (who said they are going to purchase) give a good comment about it

sounds like D3
I won't jump on this bandwagon as I really disliked the first GW, I will wait 3-4 months after release and check out what people are saying
You can check the video out in Youtube.The PvP is not gear dependent.

its not skill dependent either
GW2 looks boring to me based on the trailer...........
and the class are boring, all the skill they showed....can't impress me at all

However, I really like GW. So, I might give GW2 a try if my friends (who said they are going to purchase) give a good comment about it

sounds like D3

I think the system is awesome because it just happens at anytime and anywhere.
It makes the world keep changing based on player's participation.
07/17/2012 03:21 AMPosted by anron
You can check the video out in Youtube.The PvP is not gear dependent.

You obviously didn't play GW. Their PvP is more evolved than ANY other game I've played, including WoW. In GW everyone plays with PvP items, meaning the playing field is level (unlike WoW and D3 will be). Winning PvP in Guild Wars actually means you are a better player/team, not just geared to the teeth and facerolling everyone.
The original GW had amazing PvP. It is indeed very skill dependent.

Hopefully they keep 4v4s, RA were my favorite! ABs and FAs/JQs were awesome. guild battles were intense as well. Didn't do many HAs tho.
already preordered the collection edition, this $150 will be much worth it than the $60 I paid for D3. I will be playing my first gw2 beta this friday and can't wait to ditch d3 completely and go 24/7 gw2 when it comes out
You obviously didn't play GW. Their PvP is more evolved than ANY other game I've played, including WoW. In GW everyone plays with PvP items

Noooooooot quite.

Whilst you *do* have PvP-only characters, which are lvl 20 immediately, and you can use earned points to purchase PvP-only weapons, you can use any weapon you like. Difference being that the only difference between one weapon/armour piece and another in GW, is the prefix/suffix you choose to add to them. These are all as you know, capped to levels that cannot be exceeded. Dedicating a weapon will give you an extra 10%, but anyone can do that, costs about 10gp...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GW2, can't wait. I have about 9.5k hours in GW1, I gotta say that the fanboi's in this forum telling us that "You've got X "hundred" hours, it's paid for itself. Erm, no, it really hasn't. 9.5k hours says that it *truly* hasn't... XD
Good decision. I've pre-purchased it too. Definitely looks better than D3 with the PVP system and boss events. I've also pre-purchased Torchlight 2 and Prototype 2. All using PayPal earned from RMAH. Now I'm just playing Dota 2 to pass my time.
07/17/2012 03:28 AMPosted by Mencae

You obviously didn't play GW. Their PvP is more evolved than ANY other game I've played, including WoW. In GW everyone plays with PvP items, meaning the playing field is level (unlike WoW and D3 will be). Winning PvP in Guild Wars actually means you are a better player/team, not just geared to the teeth and facerolling everyone.

confirmed
in GW2 every pvp point increase your E-!@#$% size by 1
PvP balance
a player with 75 inches e-^-*!@ will not be alowed to pvp vs 1 player with
27 inches on his e-#$%^- in order to keep the balance ingame
at the end of every month the greater E-*!@#$ will be rewarded to hero status
How can I sell my items if there isn't a RMAH?
@Hammershash: you missed my point entirely. Their PvP is done on a much more level playing field than any other "similar" game == GW is more skill based than others. I can't wait to play GW2.
I didn't miss it, I was elaborating a little, though it probably got lost in translation... And yea, I'm totally with you on the can't wait.. XD