How to keep myself amuse...THORNS!

General Discussion
So....after finishing Diablo Inferno before the game hit 1 month released, I had go on and got a total of 4 characters to inferno...

but game is too repetitive....so I decided to do things differently with my main Barbarian...

Work pretty good all normal mobs in act 1 inferno, except I have to get off my lazy butt and fight during elites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30uvkOoPmac
Added a new video vs elite, lowered thorn damage to 11K for survivability

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDwys3dE3I
At least someone is thinking outside of the box.
Oh yeah, forgot to post some numbers:

around 22K thorn damages, 2.5K hp/sec, works best vs leaping and fast enemies that are absolutely painful to chase after.
So....after finishing Diablo Inferno before the game hit 1 month released, I had go on and got a total of 4 characters to inferno...

but game is too repetitive....so I decided to do things differently with my main Barbarian...

And you added all this nonsense why?
07/16/2012 11:47 PMPosted by YuMiryn
lol, thats awesome. Would be cool if thorn dmg was effected by crit.

Yeah I wish too... but then at least the thorn damage is a constant number unaffected by armor and resistance too, so it's still not bad :)
wizards beat you to it, storm armor does 70% dmg to attackers melee and ranged

no it doesnt work on Ghom though :-(
so im not the only one who sees a chest with 3 sockets 190 vit, 100 str, 60 all resists and then sees a chest same stats minus str for 1000 thorns dmg and take the thorns one instead?

ive got like 3500 right now and it's sexy. stack vitality resist and thorns then grab all ruby gems for dmg :D pewpewz

Hell yeah :D Thorns ftw
so im not the only one who sees a chest with 3 sockets 190 vit, 100 str, 60 all resists and then sees a chest same stats minus str for 1000 thorns dmg and take the thorns one instead?

ive got like 3500 right now and it's sexy. stack vitality resist and thorns then grab all ruby gems for dmg :D pewpewz

I LMAO at that :p
OMG, NERF THORN BARBSZ!!!1!111!
hahaha pretty cool man. I was wondering what a lot of thorns could do for you. I'd like to see how this does against elites.
07/16/2012 11:48 PMPosted by Hillwind
lol, thats awesome. Would be cool if thorn dmg was effected by crit.

Yeah I wish too... but then at least the thorn damage is a constant number unaffected by armor and resistance too, so it's still not bad :)

Well tbh all dmg is unaffected by armor/res. Other than a couple mobs maybe, no monsters have dmg reduction.
07/17/2012 12:14 AMPosted by Rokit
hahaha pretty cool man. I was wondering what a lot of thorns could do for you. I'd like to see how this does against elites.

I can try a group of elite later, but my resists a bit on the low side with this 22K thorn set, may be able to do it by standing around + a few "Revenge" with a 10K thorn set if the affix are merciful. (ie: no fire chains)
Okay, here's part 2.... I had to mix in my main farming gears to get my resistance up a little to around 4XX to 6XX. Thorn damage lowered to 11K, and life regen down to 2K per sec.

Enjoy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDwys3dE3I