Hardcore Inferno Solo Cleared

Hardcore
Done, finally. 100% solo from start to end, every quest, every boss, no backup cannon to tank for, no extra set of buffs or cc to benefit from, just pure brute force!

Diablo is def. the toughest fight, unless you use the exploit with the shadows (which I didn't). Cydea is pretty hard too - very high gear check. I used Crushing Advance on Ghom, which made it easy, but I suppose it would be way more difficult if I didn't. The other bosses were all smaller gear checks. Obviously still can't get hit by orb on Azmodan, don't want to let Izual or Iskatu get out of hand, so it's a little more than gear.

Achieve:
http://i45.tinypic.com/30kw2o2.jpg
The end:
http://i48.tinypic.com/6z9f8m.jpg
Stats/Spec:
http://i47.tinypic.com/e7xq4h.jpg

Gear:
http://i47.tinypic.com/1z6utmd.jpg

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer. I was particularly interested in a solo challenge, as playing with a teammate reduces difficulty by roughly 50% per teammate. Big props to anyone who takes up in this challenge, and big thanks to all the HC soloers who inspired me to finish this (Especially the one WitchDoc guy, from a few days ago, <3 )
Did you have to reset any games due to hard combos in Act 3/4? Just curious.

Oh and also, can you post a link of items you are using?
grats, now do it on a DH
07/22/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Hauntinghost
grats, now do it on a DH

I'd love to, but with current droprates, this will take even longer than barb (150 hours of farming gear).

DH is absolutely the hardest class to solo with, HUGE props to anyone who even tries that.
DH is pretty broken atm, no build diversity. I would wait for a buff next patch or so.
07/22/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Furies
Did you have to reset any games due to hard combos in Act 3/4? Just curious.

I did reset in A3 Keep level, when the wounded guard gives a subquest about a boss he locked up behind a door. The boss is always a Tremor (the huge crab with base-feature shield/enrage, essentially a murderer by itself). The cute part, this boss, for some reason, always spawns with Dark Berserkers as minions ( the dudes from A1/A2 who use Shatterbone-style overhead attack). The Dark Berserkers are present nowhere else in A3, except this random event.

Well, mine spawned as Waller + Horde + I think Frozen and something else on the actual mobs, might be extra life, but I don't really remember. Anyways, this would be suicide - once walled I'd die even with Ignore Pain up, and there was zero room to maneuver in. The only way to beat them would likely be to blow WOTB+EQ, and keep leaving instance and waiting 2 min on the cooldowns. Problem is, I'd have no rage for WOTB, and with no Ferocious Charge I would be basically stuck walled in right off the bat. It simply wasn't worth it.

Dark Berserkers are quite scary even in A1 under right circumstances. You can imagine they present a whole other level of "scary" in A3 :)
Good show!

I still need more dps for Act 2 enrages myself. But hope to do what you've done.

GL! It feels amazing to finally finish this after weeks of farming and several dead 60s. I think when I'm an old dude I'll remember this and be like "f--- yeah!"
Also, did you change builds? I don't see revenge on your bar at all...
07/22/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Furies
Also, did you change builds? I don't see revenge on your bar at all...

Yes, I changed builds for every quest boss, except Cydea, Siege and Izual; all of normal elites and trash were cleared with the generic Revenge/Frenzy tank spec. I used Charge instead of Leap, Ignore Pain as my o-sh-t button, WOTB for burst and Shout for stats boost. My passives were 2 armor passives and Inspiring Presence for 900ish life per second, to go along with my 600+ LOH.

Oh and also, can you post a link of items you are using?

Here you go:
http://i47.tinypic.com/1z6utmd.jpg

Most of this is self-farmed. You'd be very hard pressed to see better on the AH - most folks would rather keep it for themselves! As such, best bet is to keep farming until you get it yourself, sell what you don't need and keep an eye out for occasional good piece that pops on AH. I bought the gloves for 27 million :)
Can you clarify what you mean by a 50% reduction in difficulty per extra teammate?

Also, what were your favorite locations to farm, at different points in your progression.
I'm jealous :(

But grats to you sir, well done. I like seeing these posts pop up because it means that I've got a chance!
How many Goblins?
07/22/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Efreet
How many Goblins?

In A3? Zero, absolutely unkillable, those buggers.
Can you clarify what you mean by a 50% reduction in difficulty per extra teammate?

Also, what were your favorite locations to farm, at different points in your progression.

Each teammate adds second target, extra dps (barb has lowest dps, so any teammate is increase in average dps), extra crowd control and extra buffs (E.g. mantra). Barb's biggest issue is low dps, so with high dps teammates they can actually go full on tank and let others do the killing. Solo, you have to tank AND kill :)

I farmed only Act1 for all the gear I have. All other acts are inefficient due to only 2x higher chance of ilvl 61/62/63 gear, but 4/8x more difficult mobs (4x for A2 and 8x for A3), which makes A1 superior to all other farming spots.

I did a 30 min routine, including warden/butcher/crypts/hollow/tower/festering/mansion, it's pretty generic. The challenge there is to load up on MF and still do it fast and obviously without dying... I had up to 340 MF before my MF barb died to an FPS crash, this allowed me to farm around 170 million gold + 10/13 endgame progression pieces. I spent around 45 million buying up those last 3 pieces, and I have 120ish more lying around :)
07/22/2012 06:22 PMPosted by MotherMedusa
I farmed only Act1 for all the gear I have. All other acts are inefficient due to only 2x higher chance of ilvl 61/62/63 gear, but 4/8x more difficult mobs (4x for A2 and 8x for A3), which makes A1 superior to all other farming spots.

Actually I think A2 goblins are one of the most efficient ways of farming. And if you have 300% magic find, wouldn't that mean 6x drops in A2, and 3x drops in A1? IMO A2 is more efficient with your gear. And if you don't mind being bored, goblins are the best way to go.

07/22/2012 03:42 PMPosted by MotherMedusa
I was particularly interested in a solo challenge, as playing with a teammate reduces difficulty by roughly 50% per teammate

& in response to what you posted in my thread:
07/16/2012 10:17 AMPosted by MotherMedusa
Man up and solo it IMO.

Solo'd act 4 w/ 8k dps np in one night. u mad? :P That was only because I had no one to play with. It's not that "soloing" is easier. IDK why you are making this blanket statement that there is a 50% reduction in difficulty, that doesn't make any sense honestly. It is just more enjoyable for some people to have a teammate. I personally don't think it is a big deal and I don't know why you think you get "bragging rights" to do it solo. If you want to do it 100% solo and brag about it, how about not using the AH then either?
Congratz!
Prior to game release or perhaps shortly after, did you ever think... "Maybe I'll be world first hardcore inferno completion." Did you think beating inferno Diablo was possible back then?
Congratulations sir!

07/22/2012 06:22 PMPosted by MotherMedusa

My Monk learnt this the hard way yesterday.. after clearing Maghda, I still had 5 NV stacks so I went around the areas and dungeons, basically died to the last elite packs as I have cleared every other areas :(

On another note, Act2 Goblin is also hard to kill, found 2 before Maghda but could not kill them at all, just not enough dps.