PoE

Games & Technology
^This

Both games are enjoyable in their own right. I hate this religious, dogmatic perspective people are taking towards one game or another. It's a small genre, all good additions should be welcome, even if the game doesn't speak to your preferences specifically.
PROS
- Massive character skill sheet leaves it open for endless combinations of builds.

Most of which don't work for crap in the higher difficulties... that sinking feeling when you get half way through Cruel and realize you have to re-roll a brand new character...

- Lack of cool downs on potions and skills makes combat more of a thinking game.

Makes it less of a thinking game.. just pump pots while mindlessly spamming your attacks. Sounds like D2.

- Variety of affixes on items (including potions!), positive and negative, requires more thought and planning when choosing items for your character.

- HUGE stash space!

TINY inventory space! Multiple trips to town every 3-5 minutes.

- NO GOLD! You trade items!

Which is annoying.
Most of which don't work for crap in the higher difficulties... that sinking feeling when you get half way through Cruel and realize you have to re-roll a brand new character...

Think before making your choices..? And, if you fail, how is that a bad thing? Takes like half a day to hit 50, and when you DO manage to create your own decent build.. There's satisfaction right there. I see you haven't managed that. My condolences.

Makes it less of a thinking game.. just pump pots while mindlessly spamming your attacks. Sounds like D2.

Noob. Flasks have charges. Don't kill enough mobs? Can't "spam" your pots. Rewards you for killing more. Problem? Nada. I dare you to try to spam flasks in PoE. Enjoy your dirt nap.

TINY inventory space! Multiple trips to town every 3-5 minutes.

What are you picking up, 1link whites? 1link blues? Aren't you special. Even if you pick up everything semi-decent, you don't have to go to town that often. If you want to be stupid, be stupid - your choice.

Which is annoying.

Totally annoying not having to pick up gold, and find/create infinitely more items for yourself/friends/alts.

You seem to be new to gaming. As Madonna once said.. Like a virgin.. touched for the very first time..

LOL yeah okay spam away. No wonder why you think it's frustrating.
I will just submit an anecdote that sums pretty much what PoE got that D3 ditched.

Remember dying in D2 and having, running back to your body to find out you couldn't put on your full Sigon Set back because your inventory was full and you didn't have the Strength requirement as a Sorceress... having to put in back in order so the Strength bonus would add on... That's what is mainly missing in D3... one size fits all, though different designs, on all items.

No concession needed, no compromise, hence no purpose really. You found it you wear it. It's just a matter of bonuses aimed at enhancing your damage, not your game style. Strangely enough, we used to cherish that blue item that had for sole purpose the high strenght or dex bonus because it opened up possibility of using items we couldn't think of otherwise... think enchant bow sorc? No use keeping any item in stash for the purpose of its added stats. In D3 now, your stash is populated with items you hope has some chance of selling in the AH.

D3 simply went too far in streamlining. Ditched, the skill trees, ditched the stats, ditched any reason of leveling up else then getting variations of the spells you have, which in return do not either increase in power.

D3 offers fast pace and quick action which is not without interest, but the linear acts and maps, annoying video interruptions and lack of progression in anything else then finding that right item (on the AH of course) fades all interest. Let's say D3 is a nice packaging with very little inside.

Comparing the enthousiasm generated by PoE, all those postings comparing it to D3 with the outlash that followed D3 release, you can clearly envision that this David vs Goliath ARPG was will be won by David.

For sure, I am not spending a dime on an expansion of D3.