Stuck at Initializing

Mac Technical Support
07/31/2012 09:18 PMPosted by LurKing
If you have entered your system password, open terminal and kill all "agent" processes and reopen the program, cancel the login and you are good to go!

You can also use Activity Monitor out of :

Mac HD -> Applications -> Utilities

To quit processes.

Quit any Agent ,Blizzard Launcher or Diablo 3 Launchers you see. Filter on "Agent" and "Launcher" in the search box up the top right.

Make sure when you're filtering on Agent to only quit processes named exactly "Agent" as there will be other processes running on your mac with Agent in their name.
Does anyone know of a more permanent fix?

I need to press cancel every time to play.
I can now get into the game but ever since this update my mac now takes a lot longer to shut down or restart and hangs on the blue screen and thinking wheel (not pizza wheel of death, the other one). My brother has the same. Anyone else?
This is so lame
Just hit cancel!
It has to be an issue with the launcher. I'm having the same problem. On an iMac. I hit cancel and it let me play. HOWEVER, my concern is whether or not we are getting the fixes. When I hit cancel, it says the game is up to date when I know a hot fix has been released.
Same problem. They fix something then break something else.

Who actually test this stuff before release?
Adding my name to the list. No bitter tears, but hope this is addressed when Blizzard can get to it.
Great workaround for now, though. Thanks, guys!
Just fixed the problem. Don't enter your system password when prompted by "Blizzard Agent Login"

If you have entered your system password, open terminal and kill all "agent" processes and reopen the program, cancel the login and you are good to go!

Worked for me thanks!
yes! i love this thread!
Well, it's still not working for me. But thanks to this thread, I've gotten it to get farther along that it had been going. The launcher seems to work okay after canceling out of the passwords, but Diablo 3 doesn't load. Just sits there bouncing in my dock incessantly. Have to force quit it to keep from driving me crazy. :(
Same problem here.
Just click Cancel instead of your computer password and Diablo will launch.
I'm sure this will be fixed at some point. The problem is with the Gatekeeper function introduced with Mountain Lion. The Diablo 3 client does work fine with Mountain Lion just not Gatekeeper.

When you see the prompt, hit cancel and run the game normally.

If you did enter your password and are stuck "initializing," force quit the Diablo client and restart your Mac. Then start the game as noted above.
its in the utilities folder in applications
its in the utilities folder in applications

08/01/2012 03:46 AMPosted by halfray
how do you open the "terminal"? i have the same problem...
Have y'all tried this?

1. Force quit any Diablo III, Agent and Blizzard Launcher processes in Activity Monitor.
    2. Navigate to /Applications/Diablo III.
    3. Delete the D3Debug.txt file.
    4. Reset the Diablo III game folder permissions.
    5. Launch Diablo III.
  • If the game prompts to enter in your administrator username/password, hit Cancel.
  • If it doesn't it should load fine.
  • 6. Diablo III should load.
My friend is having this problem on her Mac and she's not very good with computers. I walked her through this fix and other fixes posted here, but none of them have worked. She still can't get the game to run.

What's the next step if this didn't work?
After doing everything listed here it was still not working, kept asking for admin log in and kept freezing, I got a little angry and rapidly pushed cancel on the admin prompt and it started downloading and now works. Don't know about you guys but sometimes anger serves a purpose.
Have y'all tried this?

1. Force quit any Diablo III, Agent and Blizzard Launcher processes in [url="http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/closing-background-applications-mac"]Activity Monitor[/url].
    2. Navigate to /Applications/Diablo III.
    3. Delete the D3Debug.txt file.
    4. [url="http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/repair-file-permissions-and-reset-folder-permissions-mac"]Reset the Diablo III game folder permissions[/url].
    5. Launch Diablo III.
  • If the game prompts to enter in your administrator username/password, hit Cancel.
  • If it doesn't it should load fine.
  • 6. Diablo III should load.

I appreciate the help provided here, however doesn't that mean I will be playing with an older version of Diablo 3 instead of the latest update which is what sparks the password function to begin with? Will there be a fix for this? If so, will I have to follow the above steps in order to get the game properly updated without getting stuck at any prompts?