The lack of Auction-Cancel is REALLY hurting

General Discussion
08/02/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Lylirra
It would be nice to be able to cancel auctions that have no bid yet. But once they have a bid its locked it, because it will sell.

We like this solution also. We definitely want to provide players with the option to cancel an auction (at any point after it's posted) so long as it does not have any bids. Right now, we're looking at this for 1.0.4, but that of course may change depending on implementation and testing.

PLEASE add more search slots! I would prefer this over any other AH improvement
This may be feature creep, but I'm going to throw it in there anyway.

Just allow auctions to be canceled at anytime whether there are bids on it or not. The difference being, if there is a bid and it is canceled by the seller - the current high bidder wins the item. I think the only folks who would disagree with that would be the snipers.

Edit: and thank you for creating a blue presence on the forum again.
It would be nice to be able to cancel auctions that have no bid yet. But once they have a bid its locked it, because it will sell.

We like this solution also. We definitely want to provide players with the option to cancel an auction (at any point after it's posted) so long as it does not have any bids. Right now, we're looking at this for 1.0.4, but that of course may change depending on implementation and testing.

it's really annoying when I have something awesome to put up but can't because my slots are all full with items that don't even have bids. good improvement!
Extended item filtration would definitely help people find the gear they want to use to create new custom builds.

I wanted to try a unique set of affixes and experiment with it, but I stopped after searching through 100's of pages of auctions just on the first item I wanted to research alone. Kept finding 4 of 5 things I was looking for on most of the items I was researching...

Sure, but making gear easily accessible through the AH is not good design. Sure, you can try out more specs, but making the AH better is just going to make prices dip even further. More gear is going to be easily available, and with current game having ONLY gear farming as further progression, then it makes re-playability even LESS inviting.

Why would they make the AH better, instead of making it worse? That way they can increase drop rates on everything, and buff crafting? Am I the only one with common sense around here?!

Another blue post says they are upping it to 6 slots, targetting 1.04 with the same caveat (may slip if unforeseen problems arise).
08/02/2012 10:35 AMPosted by padako

it's really annoying when I have something awesome to put up but can't because my slots are all full with items that don't even have bids. good improvement!

If they are really against the idea of adding additional slots, why not charge for them? I hope they don't of course, but if they have absolutely no plan on increasing the number, then I would pay in game gold to expand the number of auctions I have listed at a time. They can even make it temporary and each expanded slot expires in 30 days...

That would be a major gold sink in the game (even more than the GAH provides now) and help reduce the overall deflation of in game gold...

I like not having a cancel. It really makes you feel the squeeze on those 10 AH spots. And adds an extra level of thought required when creating an auction.

But. I'd be happy with a cancel button too.

TTTY!!!!

<333333333333333
omg a blue response on something. rly rly thank you for this!
Keep it up. I cant wait for 1.0.4 to come out, even if PvP is not working properly, i am extremely excite about the upcoming AH alterations, legendary drops and Inna Pants not working according
08/02/2012 10:17 AMPosted by masonkbr
Lylirra, is there any looking into giving us the option as to the timers for auctions?

You mean being able to select the duration of the auction? We definitely have seen this feedback (and appreciate it), but we don't have any plans currently.
Ty =D
Right now, we're looking at this for 1.0.4, but that of course may change depending on implementation and testing.

THIS is what I've been looking for! Something to hinge a grain of hope on, I could care less if features make it in patch x, y or z, Its the fact that we get to hear these tiny grains of possibility that makes me want to keep playing, and thinking of things to post that might improve the game without breaking the bank or the devs backs.

Thank you for opening those gates once again!
If they implement a feature to cancel auctions at any time, then a timer option isn't necessary.
08/02/2012 10:33 AMPosted by MysticaL

She just said they are going to from 3 to 6 also put in a dps weapon search function among other things. You might wanna put your Lylirra tracker on overdrive, she's tearing it up right now with the feedback!
08/02/2012 10:58 AMPosted by justjoddat
If they implement a feature to cancel auctions at any time, then a timer option isn't necessary.

^

Mainly...it would benefit those with godly items to increase the duration of the bid no buyout. The reason people put absurd buyout prices is because they're scared they won't get what their godly item is worth in the span of 32 hours. That really really rich person could be off the next 2 days and come on and not see your item and would have payed hundreds of millions more.

Just my guess...most expensive thing I've had was 40m so I wouldn't have personal experience of that.
08/02/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Shinayser

When we getting information about 1.0.4?

you just did