Ban Wave just hit I lost 4 accounts

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
I lost all my accounts due to a ban wave that just hit and many others are being ban for AH botting and gold farm botting. I used immortal bot to cheat the game and Bot over 2 Billion gold that at one point sold for 20 dollars a mil and now its only 2.50 a mil. Anyhow All the QQers you have got your wish. I never liked Diablo after clearing inferno in the first month on a wizard but GG to everyone still playing I suggest not to bot.

http://snag.gy/galoT.jpg

If you really did obtain 2 billion gold and sell all of it for $20 per million, mental arithmetic gives $40,000 of earnings.

You won at Diablo 3.

Edit: It's also kind of sad that people actually bought $40,000 worth of gold from this one guy alone. I never knew there were so many people desperate to buy gold. I myself have never touched the RMAH or the black market, and I don't know any of my friends who actually bought gold.

Thus, I think what Blizzard stated in a much earlier post (maybe in April or May?), about botters and the black market only existing because of a large amount of people wanting to buy gold, suddenly makes sense. I never knew so many people would actually buy it.
Noone would be botting gold if it weren't beneficial.

If the TOU says buying from a 3rd party site is bannable, anyone caught taking gold from a 3rd party site should be banned. Then noone would buy and the botters wouldn't have a market.

The alternative is anyone caught buying from a botter merely loses all their gear, gold, etc. Only ban the botter account but strip the buyers account.
I lost all my accounts due to a ban wave that just hit and many others are being ban for AH botting and gold farm botting. I used immortal bot to cheat the game and Bot over 2 Billion gold that at one point sold for 20 dollars a mil and now its only 2.50 a mil. Anyhow All the QQers you have got your wish. I never liked Diablo after clearing inferno in the first month on a wizard but GG to everyone still playing I suggest not to bot.

If you really did obtain 2 billion gold and sell all of it for $20 per million, mental arithmetic gives $40,000 of earnings.

You won at Diablo 3.

It hasn't been 20 mil for quite some time and he said he was doing it until recently. A lot of that sold at $2.
Now if only there were a few thousand more of these threads in the forums...
Games already over. Once hyperinflation kicks in, there is no way to save the currency.
08/03/2012 09:46 PMPosted by MaxxCruz
There is only one way (and it's temporary) to save the currency problem, and it's not pretty. It would mean nuking all the gold in the economy (and that means also all the gold on your characters). And then the economy could start from scratch until it all starts snowballing again.

It's called a ladder, and it would work. It's been proven in that one game 12 years ago.
This guy is the reason games are going to !@#$, if bots never hit like they did i think we all would have a different outlook on the AH/rmah. i wouldnt use the rmah, but for ppl that do.
now, i havent read the ToS and im
not a lawyer, so can anyone tell me
if this newb committed a federal crime
and then came bragging on here

Our wish was that you idiots got banned after 72 hours, you got 3 months instead.
08/03/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Crob
thanks for helping breaking the game?? Was your fiat currency worth it? Its as valuable as the digital currency... woot

GET OUT OF HERE YOU PAULBOT! OUT I SAY! TAKE YOUR LOONEY IDEAS WITH YOU!
now, i havent read the ToS and im
not a lawyer, so can anyone tell me
if this newb committed a federal crime
and then came bragging on here

Funny a few of the above replies call it "illegal". For sure its against the rules but its not "illegal", and committed a federal crime? We don't have these type of gaming laws like south korea and taiwan do so no.

Allowing RMAH opens up a whole new set of problems than "whatever its intended to solve". Calling botters names will not ... make the world have less botters. Whenever there's profit, there will be people doing it - and it is legal, its just against the service rules.
Not sure why this thread was reported. I think it contains a lot of good information and insight on the botters.

I don't like that this guy helped break the game, but at the same time, Blizzard encouraged it with the RMAH. When real money got involved, there was no way that a good chunk of the user accounts, weren't going to bot for profit. I mean hell, for $6k I'd cheat on a video game too.

At least we now know that Blizzard is doing something about the botters. Is it too little too late? I have no idea, but at least there's an effort here.

I commend the OP for his honesty, and his openness on this topic. I also thank him for his service to our country. Glad you made it home in one piece brother!

Cool story, bro. You're the reason the game is failing.
08/03/2012 09:51 PMPosted by NickJacklson
There is only one way (and it's temporary) to save the currency problem, and it's not pretty. It would mean nuking all the gold in the economy (and that means also all the gold on your characters). And then the economy could start from scratch until it all starts snowballing again.

It's called a ladder, and it would work. It's been proven in that one game 12 years ago.

Most rational post in this thread. Kudos.