HardCore Australia: Update

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Prev 1 35 36 37 42 Next
that's nothing I had a HC wiz and a SC wiz with the same name when the HC wiz died I also lost the SC one put a ticket into BLIZ and they said nothing they could do about it 10 marquise gems gone + gear
That's a weird bug, I believe they could restore the softcore account but there is no hardcore restorations
Hey everyone, taking a break from hardcore after a DC death last night. Took my new doc from me, and after losing my monk to playing drunk and stupid I really dont have it in me to re-roll again atm. Still got my wiz and a tiny tiny bit of gold, but no where near enough to build a new toon to my liking. Chances are I will be back as I love it. But for now I'll be playing my SC toons

Stay safe guys.
I will play some softcore with you WAZZ
sorry for your loss
Wow.. a year and a month old.. and once more I'm back upto lvl 60 <cross fingers>

On other notes, I vote Alvis for leader and namer of the AussieHC clan when clans come into play with the expansion.. Also perhaps we should consider a new thread with a maintained list of players?
*PARTYPARTYPARTY* Finally got D on Inferno
Hey guys been a long time because of RL stuff hey Wazz you taking a break mate all the best hey!. The reason for also popping in was to say I did purchase the game on PS3 a week ago and having a great experience with it was wondering if there are any other AUS HC PS3 players here and I think my PSN ID is nek1981 lol this console thing is all new to me only got my ps3 for bluray and streaming movies ;-)

Cheers NeK
Hey guys been a long time because of RL stuff hey Wazz you taking a break mate all the best hey!. The reason for also popping in was to say I did purchase the game on PS3 a week ago and having a great experience with it was wondering if there are any other AUS HC PS3 players here and I think my PSN ID is nek1981 lol this console thing is all new to me only got my ps3 for bluray and streaming movies ;-)

Cheers NeK

So jelly you got the console version looks fun as hell Nek
finally managed to get a barb to 60 after losing about 5 on the way up. lost 3 in 3 days too :P
thanks to ilovetoroot and nikki for the PLs. much appreciated.

now i need to learn how to play the barb. going for a S&B rend/HOTA barb. i could drop HOTA for another skill, but i like having a big smash em skill. any tips/advice will be appreciated
Would anybody be able to give my monkey a Power level - Been practicing SC monk now I want to setup a HC one.
Happy to flick you some gold for the help
More than happy to power level you mate. My wizard has power levelled a lot of our guys. Wont be on much tonight though, maybe an hour or so. Same for tomorrow night. But will def be able to get it done over the weekend. Just get to 25 and have a cains set.
Not playing D3 much any more - only when my 20yr old is hogging the PS3.
Have moved on to GTAOnline.
Have set up a crew if anyone else is playing :)
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/anz_hc_diablo3
hello fellow australians, ive recently been playing alot of hc after my normal wizard kinda hit a wall. so ive got a para 5 wiz hc and a 55ish monk. im keen for playing. either that or im going to start a hc demon huntress. add me if yous want :)
HC wiz with 100k dps and 60k hp, lookin for monks to run with! mp5 please :)

add heretic #1558
DCed last night, barb level 59.7 This is a first time I met DC monster.

Half way trough A3 Hell MP0 Arreat Crater, just about to turn right where Azmodan head pops up with "You think you know pain, nephalem?" Well, "I think I know" I replay automatically and 3 elite spiders appear. Fire Chains are glowing. OK, done it before, let's do it again.

Walk in, hit Ground Stomp to pull and stun, Rend goes next. Their health bars moving down, I keep Rending and Bashing. One more Ground Stomp, Rend, my Enchantress puts purple carpet under, 4 seconds Stomp gone, spiders motionless.

No nO NO, there are no way I can stun them for more than 4 seconds, ESC! Latency bar green, music streaming, internet up. OK, strategy: back to game, move aside and hit Portal.

No response from "Return to Game" button... So be, happens, I'm not the first. Deep breath. Kitchen. Drink.

May be 5-7 minutes later I see Main Menu on the screen and my ToughMama there, waiting for me to resume the game. "Your joking, right?" Click Resume, game loads, she is alive.

Mercy granted, or gearing and stats saved her? I think shoulders 32% chance to explode with knives finished elites and EHP held long enough. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/death-watch-mantle
nice lucky story defender :) great to see some happy endings

unlike........

rubberband got my barb tonight. had set my barb up to prep crypts, stacked EHP and dropped DPS. prepped the crypt, nice and full ready to be cleared. head to town and respec to take out the E's in the woods. jump into the COTA start spinning around doing my thing, then i notice im not spinning properly, stop for a second then rubberband back into the middle of the elite pack. bam im dead. just spend the last of my 5m on gems for the prepping gear too :P
This is sad to hear Wazz, no happy ending in your case. Probably COTA wasn't fully loaded and sync delay happened.

WW is a dangerous skill as I have found. In a skill tooltip it should say something like "30% chance to rubberband". And to complement this there are should be items with "Reduces rubberbanding by 10-30%" :D

I have about 40m collected, can give you 5m if you need.
Appreciate the offer but allgood mate :)
Ive got a CM who will farm some gold and loot, and got gear in stash for monk. Also got a #*%#@#*%! DH who is there for decoration
I posted this a while ago on the HC main chat room not the Aussie/NZ one.

All hated the idea as it takes the realism out of HC.

My problem with this statement is the time in history that D3 is set in, what toons were killed due to rubberbanding, Lag, windows update, the neighbor digging up the phone cable in the street, ETC?

Regards
LameDuck

Blizz I have a job offer for me.

I fully understand that most of the HC/SC deaths by lag are not your fault.

From my ip to your server is on average 23 connections that I travel thru to you. I understand that it is a bit like the connection is only as good as the weakest link in the chain. Then there is anti virus, windows update ETC that run on the local machine that can also cause issues.

Having a life outlook of wanting to solve problems I have done some navel gazing and come up with the following proposition.

1. You develop a server and local client that records everyone's ping time for the last 5 min of game play on a loop that is only saved on a HC death.
2. In HC the last 30 seconds of play is loop recorded and only saved on death.
3. Upon death the play has a mechanism to easily upload the files for review if they feel the need.
4. I will review the evidence. If it is easily proven that the death was from a designer spilling coffee in the server room the res is free( Note don't let designers in server rooms). If the death is not the fault of the player and is not the fault of Blizz for a fee of $3.75USD I will res them with the programme that you develop for me. If you upload a file for review and it is clear that the death is from bad play the fee of $3.75 is payable and NO res.

I have lost a few Toons due to lag and would have paid to get them back.

Just a thought.

When do I start?

My questions to other players is
1.Would you pay for this?
2. If yes what is a reasonable fee?

Regards
LameDuck
CV not attached
@WAZZ, no problems, this is just pixels in video game we all enjoy ;)

@LameDuck, good try, haha

Seriously speaking, I have not lost many, actually only 1 due to a game crash. This I'd classify as client fault, so no complaints. And if you want to know my opinion, I would not pay for a resurrection. The time I spend driving my chars in Sanctuary is my entertainment time. Character death is negative emotions, required to balance positives.

$3.75 is a kilo+ of bananas or apples :)