Necessary Auction House Improvements

General Discussion
Here's a small list of improvements that would greatly improve the auction house. I realize that the AH is targeted for improvement for 1.04 and some of these may be a little late to be able to get in, but I wanted to get this list out there for comment and if any can't make it into 1.04 maybe they can get into a future patch.

This list is in order of importance.

1. There needs to be a way to search recently completed transactions. Currently there is no good way to be able to price items for sale aside from experience. There needs to be a way that I can search for recently sold items with similar stats to mine. Ideally there would be a button when I'm looking at an item on the sell tab labeled "View Similar" that automatically creates a search on a "Recently Sold" tab that automatically populates the stats on my item that I can modify. So if there's a junk stat on my item I can remove it to see more possible results.

2. See number 1. I seriously can't stress this enough. Without being able to see recently sold items pricing is very difficult and having to search manually for more then 1-2 items is very time consuming and boring.

3. Add up 6 parameters in the search box (Blizz has pretty much confirmed that this will be in 1.04, whenever that's going to come out)

4. Add ability to filter based on current auction price (we already have a max buyout price feature).

5. (suggestion from BOZ) Add ability to see the change to stats if equipped in the AH search window so we can see the potential change before we buy/bid on an item.

6. Add the ability to sort on all visible fields (like auction ending time and current bid price).

7. Add ability to filter based on time remaining in auction and allow me the option to include items with a buyout regardless of time remaining.

8. Make every criteria I add to my search sortable and allow me to sort on multiple criteria and set a sort type (ascending/descending) and sort order. Also allow base items stats to be part of this (DPS on wpn/armor rating/attack speed bonus on quiver, etc). Ideally there would be 2 drop down boxes next to the criteria box, one for sort type, the other for sort order.

9. Give me the ability to set the duration of an auction. Since most people wait until the last minute I would like to have my auctions end during peak hours, but since auctions last 1.5 days and I can only play during peak hours my auctions always end at bad times. This would also reduce the need to allow an auction ending prematurely.

10. Add an advanced search feature. This would allow me to use up to 12 criteria with some logic based on those criteria. Like if I wanted to search for a item with all resist and either strength or vitality or if Str+vit > ##. To simplify the syntax the user would have to know assign each of the (up to 12) criteria a number and just let me ref that number. So lets say 1 is all resist, 2 is str, and 3 is vit I could just use a simple syntax of 1>50 & (2+3) > 200. Make sure that not is an option in the advanced search so undesired features can be excluded.

11. (suggestion from BOZ) When a item doesn't sell show me the price I listed it for so when I relist I know what I listed it at before and it didn't sell.

12. (suggestion from BOZ) Add reset button to search parameters screen to clear all selected criteria

13. Give me the option to login and monitor options from a web browser/smart phone/tablet, don't necessarily want to be able to create new listing, but would like to keep an eye on what I'm buying/selling and be able to search listing and buy items.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
new 10. Add option to exclude gem bonus when looking for items or only see items with empty sockets

new 6. Add ability to see min bid price set on items (at least during the period where it can be cancelled) even when no bid has been placed

new 11. Add number formatting to the box where bid price is set and on the bidding screen

new 11.5 Allow tab to move from field to field in the AH screen

new 9.5 Add ability to save/load search criteria

new 8.5 Make the AH available in game so i can list things and not lose my stacks
All of this should have already been in a game designed around the auction house.
I couldn't agree more, but they weren't so I thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion.
08/02/2012 10:55 AMPosted by FreedomFiter
Give me the option to login and monitor options from a web browser/smart phone/tablet

Only with captcha please !!!!!

Bots will destroy the auction house
08/02/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Mamute
Give me the option to login and monitor options from a web browser/smart phone/tablet

Only with captcha please !!!!!

Bots will destroy the auction house

Bots are already in the auction house so it won't really be any different, but yes captcha would be a nice addition.
08/02/2012 10:55 AMPosted by FreedomFiter
5. Add ability to filter based on current auction price (we already have a max buyout price feature).

Most important feature.
Honestly if Blizz only add 1-4 for 1.04 it would make the auction house 100% better, the rest are just gravy.

However, as we all know gravy is very delicious and it's not Thanksgiving without it.
These ideas would be great. The only problem is that finding steals is gonna be infinitely harder. :( Steals are the only way I'm able to upgrade at the moment cause as a casual player, I don't have the millions to spend to progress through inferno.

Playing AH Tycoon offline might give me a chance to trade at work enough to get somewhere. I'd need to be able to have full functionality with the ability to see if they are upgrades when equipped or not for it to be worth using.

Bots don't bother me so much. There are bots used in the real world stock exchange. I still make money there. I'm actually attempting to write my own "bot" for the stock market now. Haven't gotten it to work so that I would make money yet though when running it against historical pricing. Maybe one day. Point is, big money firms use them all over the place and it doesn't kill the market. Just an occasional glitch now and then, but there hasn't been financial armaggedon because of them.
Why not stop the bots that automatically bid on an item a millisecond after you bid on it. I don't know how many times i go to bid on something just to find that my bid is too low... i always check again and try bidding multiple times, but certain items there is no possible way to bid on them.
08/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Kiss
Why not stop the bots that automatically bid on an item a millisecond after you bid on it. I don't know how many times i go to bid on something just to find that my bid is too low... i always check again and try bidding multiple times, but certain items there is no possible way to bid on them.
That's not a bot bidding, that's a function of the game. If the buyout is 500k and the current bid is 5k and I put in a max bid of 100k, my current bid will only be ~6k. When you come in and put in a bid of 7k, my max bid of 100k is still there and will immediately outbid you to the next level. If you started out bidding 101k instead of 7k, you would not have been immediately outbid in this case.
The Tab key also needs to work to move you through the fields so you don't need to click each field to change or enter info.

08/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Kiss

Dude learn how a proxy bidding system works and use it properly and you won't have these "problems". I suggest you read the auction house FAQ's.
These ideas would be great. The only problem is that finding steals is gonna be infinitely harder. :( Steals are the only way I'm able to upgrade at the moment cause as a casual player, I don't have the millions to spend to progress through inferno.

Finding those great deals will be harder, but they will still exist. Just look at eBay. Most items go for close to the same amount, but if you're careful you can find good deals still.
All sockets must be empty when listing an item. If you want to buy gems, there's a gems tab for that. If it's too expensive to unsocket the items before selling them, then that item isn't valuable enough to be selling at all (stop clogging AH with cheap junk). Gems in sockets make it so much harder to find items that I'm actually looking for.

If there are no bids on an item I listed, display the minimum bid price that I set. Especially important during the first 5 minutes so I can double check to make sure I didn't have a typo when listing that item.

Add commas to the number input box AS i'm typing in the input. It's really easy to make a typo when you're bidding for items worth 1+million.

Add the ability to search for and sort by the additional DPS value of offhand items such as a source or mojo.
haven't seen this mentioned: save/load filters! (raise your hand if you find yourself re-entering the same search filters over and over)

for example, you're searching for this:

boots
level 60+
rare items only
150+ int
60+ all resist
12% movement speed

press a button to save these filters (allow multiple save slots, or allow names to be given for each saved filter). then later, you can load the saved filter instead of typing all that stuff again. you can swap between your commonly used search filters very easily this way.
Similar to the OP's #10 but not quite: allow "max value" queries instead of just "minimum value".

this would allow you to filter OUT certain stats (ex: gold find == 0). or they could just have a list of excluded stats (thorns, life on kill, etc). for example, it sucks to have a good item be RUINED due to having increased pickup radius (this is a horrible stat, since it makes it harder to purposely leave behind health globes for future kiting). i would love to not even see those items on the AH at all.
08/02/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Redundancy
All sockets must be empty when listing an item. If you want to buy gems, there's a gems tab for that. If it's too expensive to unsocket the items before selling them, then that item isn't valuable enough to be selling at all (stop clogging AH with cheap junk). Gems in sockets make it so much harder to find items that I'm actually looking for.

Added

If there are no bids on an item I listed, display the minimum bid price that I set. Especially important during the first 5 minutes so I can double check to make sure I didn't have a typo when listing that item.

added

Add commas to the number input box AS i'm typing in the input. It's really easy to make a typo when you're bidding for items worth 1+million.

added

Add the ability to search for and sort by the additional DPS value of offhand items such as a source or mojo.

already covered in 8
I had to put all of my Auctions on an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of them. You might want to look into doing the same thing. However, usually your item didn't sell because the price tanked during that time, so you'd most likely have to search for a new price anyways. This is only helpful when there's no like items available on the AH.
08/03/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Kaela
I had to put all of my Auctions on an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of them. You might want to look into doing the same thing. However, usually your item didn't sell because the price tanked during that time, so you'd most likely have to search for a new price anyways. This is only helpful when there's no like items available on the AH.

This is exactly why they should fix the AH. Blizz is already recording the auctions, there's not reason anyone should have to go through the effort of tracking in Excel as well. That's just not fun and a waste of time.
i wanna an additional compare gears for equiped with items 1, 2 button. This way players would have quick access in comparing stats upgrades with present equips.
almost forgot to add ingame access. Now part of OP