Jay Wilson - Positive thread

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
i heard Jay Wilson was behind Y2K
I have something positive to say about Jay Wilson!

And you can buy it for $250.00 in the RMAH.

Rofl!!

And by the way Fredrik, there is something fishy about your profile...
Well we know who is blowing Mr J.W
08/06/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Elk
I would just like some more information on Mr. Wilson. He doesn't strike me as a bad person, and all of the slurs and fat talk really makes me feel bad despite how god awful this game turned out. However I Blame the RMAH 100%, I really think that without it Diablo 3 would have turned out much better. I mean they took a month after release to even put it out... and because of that we don't even have PvP yet... after like 3 months almost. I would just like to know how much power over this Jay Wilson had, or who's idea it was to turn the game into a money scheme.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252\

there you go that's who did it.
good thing about jay..hm i got it if u kill that fat twinkie in game u get a fet of str
He killed the Diablo series and made a lot of people lose their trust in Blizzard.

I'd say it's a positive knowing that instead of wasting more money on this company, now you can save it for something better.

Good job Jay Wilson!

^
LOLOLOL TRroolololololo post. The monk is the 2nd worst class in the game so I;d take no pride in that design

BTW...what is hurting D3 are basic, system level design decisions. They could have simplified the game from an effort/design/code/test standpoint and made a better game. They really make some terrible top level calls and you need to hold the product lead accountable.

The game has a ton of potential but is missing a few key systems they had pretty darn right 10 years ago. That's not a technology maturity issue, just plain bad leadership

How can you that monk is bad? Have you seen the design? Its epic, cool abilities, perfect characters and good balance.

So you are one of those who say that d3 is to complex? From what I've heard most people have complained that d3 is to simple, but infact its far more complex then d2 with character builds and gear (really its more complex in every part of the game).

Its clear that Jay Wilson knew that if he made the game to complex and hard people would complain about that, and if he made it to simple people would complain about that instead.
So he made a balance of both simple and complex, and look what it became? Billions of skill builds.
Can anyone argue that the design decisions for this game were remotely good?

Jay is the lead designer. Just sayin'

This game is horrid on every level.

That is the past. Diablo 2 was not very good and was quickly abandoned when WoW released.

Look at Diablo 3, 10 million copies sold all thanks to Jay Wilson. So I dare to say that Diablo franchise now belongs to Jay.

Ok now your defiently trolling that is a blatant lie. D3 sold so many copies because of Diablo 1 & 2 legacy. It had nothing to do with Jay Wilson. Your a clown if you believe that. I will go out on a limb and say if half the people knew on launch day what they know now they wouldn't have bought it. Also a lot of those 10 million were free copies due to the WoW annual pass.

You gotta be kidding? Diablo 2 was NOT a big game, and I already stated this several times. Many played it due to the lack of other progress games, but however it died quickly after the release of WoW (aka after the release of competition). D3 has so much more competition, few examples Dota 2, CoD, LoL, HoN, WoW, ME3, Skyrim... The list goes on and on.

Diablo 3 sold 10 million because Jay Wilson was keeping it real. He showed us every part of the gameplay, skills and gave us all information about inferno. And then everyone knew it was gonna be the game of the year.
08/06/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Gnomegnight
Well he helped flood the diablo 3 forums with posts of how bad everything that involves this game including the game is. I thoroughly enjoy coming on to the site and just checking the right had side to see what new thing people have found out that blizzard is doing to suck out the funds of their once loyal customers

Let me give you some facts:

Have you ever heard of a angry mob? It starts with few individuals, whom dislike the game.
They start to rant about it where their voices can be heard by many, and some of them are very good at manipulation. They force your mind to think in a negative perspective... More people get convinced about their lies and joins them. And so it spreads kinda like an disease.

That is what has happened to the official forums. But you guys don't realise that we who browse the official forum is an huge minority. Maybe a couple of thousands of people out of ! 10 MILLION !

Check out all the critics reviews and check out other forums. I have yet to encounter a bad review from an official critic. Millions play Diablo 3 because of its brilliance, and there were alot more copies of d3 sold the first few days than d2 ever has released from its release to today.
Interesting. I've already provided overwhelming evidence against your arguments for D2, and you have yet to respond to them, YET I've seen you repeat the false statements against other posters.

Guess that means my point has been made, then. Cheerio.

Oh, the original topic. Umm... was he responsible for everyone being able to see their own loot on mob drops? Because I really like that change. :)
08/06/2012 08:54 PMPosted by SpamAndEggs
Suck my Jay Wilson, You mother Jay Wilsoner. You can give me a JW in the back of your Prius then i can bust a Jay Wilson all over your Jay Wilsons. This game is Jay Wilsoned , Your a Jay Wilson, and thank to "Jay Wilson" now blizz is a Jay Wilson . Jay Wilson my mother Jay Wilsoning Jay Wilson. Oh and stick it up your Jay Wilson

Reported and probably permabanned. 1 less hater on the d3 forums is always a victory.
Interesting. I've already provided overwhelming evidence against your arguments for D2, and you have yet to respond to them, YET I've seen you repeat the false statements against other posters.

Guess that means my point has been made, then. Cheerio.

Oh, the original topic. Umm... was he responsible for everyone being able to see their own loot on mob drops? Because I really like that change. :)

I've already responded to your "evidence", and I only provide facts when I respond unlike you.

The reason why I've not responded to some of you arguments are because they are blatant lies.
08/07/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Fredrik
You gotta be kidding? Diablo 2 was NOT a big game, and I already stated this several times. Many played it due to the lack of other progress games,

Stating something on a forum doesn't make it factual . If D2 wasn't a big game to you, that's your own opinion, But as we can see your opinion is the fruit of a narrow and naive mind.

check the last ladder season, check the last patch release date. And check D2Jsp.

This might give you a clue that you are totally wrong.
I see all of this as quite simple. It will all be resolved in a couple of months when Torchlight II is released. For those who don't know Torchlight II will be built on a similar engine as Diablo II. The designer for Torchlight II Runic Games lead is Max Schaefer. For those who do not know who Max is , Max Schaefer was the lead at Blizzard North 12 years ago and designed a small project called Diablo 2. So in a few short months Jay Wilson's game Diablo 3 will have to face his Blizzard predecessors , Max Schaefer's new title Torchlight 2. May the best man win...