Patch 1.0.4 Class Previews

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 8 9 10 30 Next
WTH??

They nerfed the wiz and I was just starting to be able to survive in Act 2 for a little while.

This is bollocks.
it means as a cm twister mage, you better besides stacking crit. stack all the other stuff/new affixes that procs cc. (belt 4% chance to freeze) etc.

cm twister was kind-of exploitish build anyway. perma freezing should never be possible. since they are giving players ability to to be chain cc, its just a matter of time mobs will.
Noice! can't wait to see the Monk changes

besides, just because you get 30% crit chance, should there be a skill that allows you to faceroll acts where other classes/builds will just get crushed in?

That's ridiculous.

I get facerolled by Act2 elites, especially shielded, invulnerable, and molten.

After 200 hours playing I still die in hell. Some people are casual players and not everyone pays to win with RMAH.
looking forward to this!!
all eyes on you Blizz.
so any better legendary drop rates at a level that will be helpful?; or other rare gear?
WHY WOULD YOU NERF THE CRIT MASS WIZ AND NOT THE WW BARB?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO BUFF EVERY CLASS,
HOW IS NERFING THE KEY SKILL TO MY BUILD A BUFF?
IS IT BECAUSE I CAN REPLACE IT WITH A FROST HYDRA?
SCREW YOU BLIZZARD, GW2 HERE I COME!!!
WTH??

They nerfed the wiz and I was just starting to be able to survive in Act 2 for a little while.

This is bollocks.

sorry to hear that, well up coming patch they selling new legendary gears not cc/cd stuff anymore, get it lol gg blizzard. Gotta love your marketing strats. :)
Stuff like this shows how disconnected the devs are from the actual game.

They spent months on buffing the pet no one currently uses and the buffs went on the runes that no one will ever use due to one rune that remained better than everything else.

Did not change the design of horrible spells such as meteor/arcane torrent instead they changed the damage.
Buffed the damage of the runes of signature spells that are bad by design and unusable in inferno, similar to meteor etc.

Bottom line, no usable spells got buffed but instead Energy Twister/WW got nerfed which would be ok if they could bring minor buffs such as reducing arcane power/cooldown of teleport or look into the wizard set. I mean it's pretty gross that one class has a set 2 bonus that increases fire damage while there are no fire spells except an hydra rune that sucks and a meteor spell which is horrible and uses 60 AP while other classes get %7 crit or 130 int, lol. I guess they aim to lose players.
gonna super disappointed if they don't increase the overall proc rate of critical mass to compensate for the WW nerf. they said in the preview that the problem is procs to the new legendary items doing stuff like summoning an angel, not the critical mass procs.

if they increase the general proc rate on critical mass, then it could be useful with other spells, like maybe even channeling spells.

even then, how are you going to stand in molten without getting 6k life per second?
So my main Wiz attack got nerfed 50% and if I get lucky and find a Legendary Item 100 hours from now then maybe it will make up for it.

Whoop-de-doo.
all the spells and runes are usless.you cant stick to a standard set of runes,like in the old game and have fun building a character from the ground up.but you can work and farm forever becuase the corporate designers cant relate.good luck on that expansion.work work work.I DID'NT BUY THE GAME FOR WORK,REALLY GET A CLUE.
08/15/2012 07:15 PMPosted by BLACKMAGE
Gotta love your marketing strats.

Who in their right mind would buy something and face another huge nerf like IAS or face hackers stealing financial info?
staight up ive been saying the whole time theyer not gonna fix it enough to get away form the rmha.once again good luck on that expansion.
08/15/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Blouge
Gotta love your marketing strats.

Who in their right mind would buy something and face another huge nerf like IAS or face hackers stealing financial info?

People will buy/cheat to obtain it first. That why they nerfing us wizard for them to move forward new legendary piece. Why design an legendary weapon/armor that uses proc (assume crit proc) in the first place??
form hmmm something they dont seem to have.
@Blizzard,

On the wizard page, there are alot of large icons. What are they ? Could you do a simple mouse-over with their names and effect ?
Thanks.

1. Magic missile: a weak, single target kiting spell that will be getting a buff
2. Meteor: an insanely expensive AOE spell with a long delay before it hits that will be getting a buff
3. Shock Pulse: a spell that is melee or kiting depending on how you have it runed. one rune called piercing orb is for kiting. one rune called living lightning was already nerfed because of its proc rates.
4. Teleport: a spell that lets you teleport to another location if you have a very clear line of site. if there's a tiny rock in between you and your target destination, you will remain in the pool of desicration and die.
5. Arcane Torrent: i've seen 2 people using it past level 20. presumably getting a buff.

(not pictured): Energy Twister: one of the only skills that lets wizards be the aggressor and not have to run like a coward away from any elite pack. soon to be nerfed.
WW nerf, huh.

After barbs passed with flying colors figured Wizards were definitely fine. I was mistaken. Must be trying to push some sweet new legendar$ wands to the 1%, so the rest have to pay for it. This is why I rolled all 5 classes.

The winner, obviously, will be the one left standing.