Blue forum bans = game time ban? Respond NOW

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6307742072?page=9#178

A MVP made that post and is suggesting that blizzard ban players for what happens on the forum. This is a statement blizzard has never done before. If Blizzard allows this to happen the game will be dead because people get banned from the forum for no reason at all. A blue needs to respond to this type of statement because this is changing the rules of how blizzard runs their games.

Ok

Droth and crepe and any other MVP's

Making posts about the forum rules when said forum rules are RARELY enforced and moderation of said forums is extremely LIGHT is highly contemptible. Deal with reality, not with what "should be".

The fact that 90% of posts made by MVP's are just quoting forum rules really bugs me. It is not constructive nor does it accomplish anything.

EDIT: Look at how long the "sex story" thead has been on this forum and im supposed to take you seriously when you post the forum rules after a player posts of a legitimate issue?

We do not have the power to moderate. We can only encourage proper forum conduct and be met with high amounts of resistance.

Blizzard simply does not have the staff to moderate these forums.

The only thing that's going to curb trolling is to make forum bans = in game bans. The only thing trolls care about is their game time. Naturally equating their forum vacation to an in game vacation seems fitting. Of course I wouldn't do this retroactively, but in the future it seems like a good idea.

I am almost certain the trolling will go down by 90%.

Forum goers all around should be posting this language. Including game players. This is insulting to the player base that a MVP is allowed to make this suggestion or be able to. Blizzard needs to address this issue now because the MVP is putting either miss information or saying something that if blizzard is supporting is not right. Call Blizzard now and ask why they are banning people from the game in-game for forum activity. This is wrong to even suggest.
Just because an MVP said that doesn't mean it will magically becomes reality.

Seriously people...

Honestly it would curb the 9 year old temper tantrums on these forums though if that type of policy was taken.
I think you need to learn what the word suggests means.
First, where in the world does it say there that this is what is happening?

Second, I agree with the MVP. Actually give the trolls and the vile posters in the D3 forums a reason to actually think about what they are posting before hitting that submit button. Want to act like an immature child on the forums? Well, take a day vacation from the forums, and since you want to act like a child, apparently you aren't old enough to play the game, so take a vacation there too.

Not that it would matter, since supposedly no one plays anyway, so why should this even matter? Right?

i'm all for people getting banned for acting foolishly on the forums. Trolling would plummet.

And this is him offering a personal opinion. You appear to be upset by something that shouldn't upset a rational person.

People get troll rated for just saying lol so you are saying that a person who says lol should be legally banned from the game? Do you even realize what you are asking?

Just getting reported does not mean you get banned from the forums. Do not believe the people claiming they get banned for nothing.
I doubt that Blizzard would ever do this. And frankly, it's easier and probably just as effective to start judging players from their posts to see whether or not they really ever give a constructive opinion. If not, stop with the ever-increasing suspensions and just ban them outright from the forums.

Blizzard won't do that either. One can dream though.
08/13/2012 08:54 AMPosted by CatW
the game will be dead because people get banned from the forum for no reason at all.

If you get banned on the forum, there is a reason. You may not agree with it, but that's really not the issue... don't break forum rules and no matter if they tied forum activity to your game account it won't affect you.
i'm all for people getting banned for acting foolishly on the forums. Trolling would plummet.

And this is him offering a personal opinion. You appear to be upset by something that shouldn't upset a rational person.

People get troll rated for just saying lol so you are saying that a person who says lol should be legally banned from the game? Do you even realize what you are asking?

When are people banned for getting down voted? You don't get banned for just getting troll reported. Someone reviews it and then bans the person if the reports are valid...

Seriously... think please
Just because a MVP suggests something does NOT mean it will happen. Period.

Excuse me now, I need a bucket because apparently the sky is falling.
08/13/2012 08:54 AMPosted by CatW
This is insulting to the player base that a MVP is allowed to make this suggestion or be able to.

What are you talking about? How is an MVP's suggestion any more insulting that any suggestion you make? Are you saying you should have the opportunity to make suggestions but they should not? You're a goof ball.
Wishful thinking on my part.

The otherwise sane person would have no objections to the ideas mentioned above.