Blue forum bans = game time ban? Respond NOW

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
Please keep in mind that Blizzard forum MVPs are players expressing their personal views and opinions. If an MVP sincerely believes a different application of rules and terms would be ideal, they're welcome to express that opinion, provided they're posting within the confines of the forum Code of Conduct.

MVPs don't speak on behalf of Blizzard. Be sure to check out the stated goals and objectives of the MVP program for more information. If you have any feedback about the way an MVP represents oneself on the forums, feel free to send it to us via MVPs@Blizzard.com.

Why do MVPs never get moderated for breaking the CoC?

The Code of Conduct applies to all players posting here, including MVPs. That said, a reported post doesn't automatically imply guilt. We review each report on its own merit and in accordance with the forum guidelines.

As a reminder, we don't publicly discuss any sort of disciplinary action taken against a specific player or account.
08/13/2012 12:29 PMPosted by briarben
It will make the object of your disdain disappear... yeah... problem solved... after this, i'll do it to you and i'll never waste 20 seconds of my life trying to make sense of your inanity. My problem is SOLVED!!!

Very interesting perception you have there.

The Code of Conduct applies to all players posting here, including MVPs. That said, a reported post doesn't automatically imply guilt. We review each report on its own merit and in accordance with the forum guidelines.

As a reminder, we don't publicly discuss any sort of disciplinary action taken against a specific player or account.

Then please explain why some MVP are still posting happily after their post were reported by numerous players because the said MVP was openly calling another player "brain-less", multiple times.

Then please explain why some MVP are still posting happily after their post were reported by numerous players because the said MVP was openly calling another player "brain-less", multiple times.

Maybe the CMs were in agreement >.>
08/13/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Zplus

To be fair, I'm surprised many people are still happily posting. Calling somebody brainless isn't really high up on the totem pole by comparison, I mean there's people posting all kinds of absurd BS on these forums.

Then please clarify how someone telling a player "Learn to play FFS, quit being a scrub" gets that person a ban, yet when a MVP says the same thing, they don't get the punishment. I've seen this several times on the WoW and D3 forums, and in both times, it seems that preferential treatment is granted to the MVP on matters like this.
08/13/2012 12:38 PMPosted by mki

To be fair, I'm surprised many people are still happily posting. Calling somebody brainless isn't really high up on the totem pole by comparison, I mean there's people posting all kinds of absurd BS on these forums.

When those comments comes from a green, it really sets a standard to anyone who is new to this forum.
08/13/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Zplus
When those comments comes from a green, it really sets a standard to anyone who is new to this forum.

That's exactly how I felt about it, but as stated above, they don't represent Blizzard in any way.
Seriously?
You break another long silence with this?

Last I checked, the CMs have been pretty active. Their last post, prior to this one, was on Friday. Then it was the weekend.

Do we really have to go through this every single Monday, without fail?
I had my SC2 profile banned from the Diablo 3 forums permanently for "in-game activities that violate the terms of use"

I photoshopped a picture claiming I hit level 60 in 7 hours.

In reality I was only level 31.

Didn't get banned in-game.
Please keep in mind that Blizzard forum MVPs are players expressing their personal views and opinions. If an MVP sincerely believes a different application of rules and terms would be ideal, they're welcome to express that opinion, provided they're posting within the confines of the forum Code of Conduct.

MVPs don't speak on behalf of Blizzard. Be sure to check out the stated goals and objectives of the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716"]MVP program[/url] for more information. If you have any feedback about the way an MVP represents oneself on the forums, feel free to send it to us via MVPs@Blizzard.com.

They have. You just don't notice because any punitive measures are not discussed publicly with the forum goers. The actions can range (theoretically, but likely) from the CMs emailing the MVPs regarding their posting activity and the MVP taking a voluntary leave of absence to an outright forum vacation for a time deemed appropriate by the CM(s). None of this will be conveyed to anyone other than the MVP in question, just as a forum ban for regular posters won't be discussed outside of the party or parties involved.

Just because you here nothing about it happening does not mean it doesn't happen.

Edit: Meant to say regular posters, not players.
08/13/2012 12:49 PMPosted by CatW
It isn't our fault when the MVP leads us to believe they have confluence on blizzard.

I have never led you to believe that...

I can't even count how many times I've mentioned that I do not work for Blizzard Entertainment and all opinions are of my own conjecture.

Even the one which you so graciously called me out on. It was simply an opinion and my solution for curbing trolling. Does that make my opinion any more valid? No.

I simply just would like the trolling to stop and that is the only way I would know how.
Blizzard should start issuing bans on the forums if it gets rid of trolls.
I'd just like to publicly support the MVP's suggestion. Forum bans quite simply do not remedy the issues, they only temporarily delay them. I can understand that the staff at Blizzard may be hesitant to consider this idea given the potential ramifications but there's something else to consider.

For every good post, for every constructive discussion, for every helpful player there are hundreds of abusive and not at all constructive posts and posters. I hate saying this as much as I love Blizzard's games but it's no secret the forums are a cesspool of trolls and grues. i will sometimes come here to seek out information not available elsewhere but that's rare.

If Blizzard is truly interested in fostering a constructive and welcoming forum community something has to be done.

Edit
I'm also surprised a forum post with "Respond NOW" in the title actually received a response. That may also be something to consider, as you're just encouraging this type of behavior when really the user in question should have been shunned from the community a long time ago. But then again maybe that's me and I'm just getting old and intolerant of entitled children.

Sigh...
Blizzard should just outsource the forum moderation to trustworthy community members (possibly MVPs?). Literally every other video game forum works like.

They're also all better moderated.