Blue forum bans = game time ban? Respond NOW

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
Please show me where he was any of those things in his post. He never insulted anyone here at all.

Lol. Nice try. Quit being a fanboy, it will get you nowhere.

Wishful thinking on my part.

The otherwise sane person would have no objections to the ideas mentioned above.

Not sure why the name isn't showing up in the quote, but this was posted by Drothvader in the first page of this thread.
Why all the fuss about free speech? I know it does not apply here,
but why is there such a fear of spoken language on the service provider side of the game?

Quite frankly these totalitarian measures to curb dissent are just as premative as the child like behavior of the troll.

As that is to say, cant the moderator be equally just the same kind of troll? The company is putting a lot of faith in thier hired goons.
The moderators would simply be the biggest kid in school and a big bully, ending the company's legitimacy as a just entity.

I dont think Blizzard is that foolish. Their future stock depends upon it.
Now the real question - how long before Droth's mvp status is stripped?

To all reading this, open up a petition and file complaints if you don't like his attitude.
Oh, and Droth, you know game-time bans will never happen, so quit trying to stir the pot (and you wonder why people don't like you).
The problem with this community is that it spans a whole lot of very real levels of maturity.

Age based and emotional.

While I know that there are many well behaved young players, you are just going to constantly butt up against the reality of human development.

Pre-teen temper tantrums, teen rage and angst, college age overconfidence, general adult grumpiness.

So while we're all for free speech, is it really free speech when you see some kid raging in the middle of the supermarket, or when highschoolers relentlessly bully someone? That is what I see a lot of on these forums and it greatly impacts my customer experience.

Criticism is fine and encouraged. Difference of opinion? Great, I love debate. But I'm tired of all the pointless troll threads.

Likely a stronger enforcement of the Code of Conduct is all that is needed though. Forum bans are fine, I don't care if they can still play but I don't want to see their posts until they can express themselves in a mature manner.

I can partially mitigate this with my own blocking, but it doesn't stop troll threads from filling up the discussion sections and its like wading through sewage to the good stuff.

Eventually people get tired of it and stop coming here altogether, then all you have left is trolls trolling each other. Not a great game community,
08/13/2012 08:58 AMPosted by CatW
People get troll rated for just saying lol so you are saying that a person who says lol should be legally banned from the game? Do you even realize what you are asking?
Find me proof that someone got a forum ban for saying "lol" in their post.
I can believe "bumping" a topic with a post that said just "lol" with no other content. But saying "lol" wouldn't do it. If so, feel free to report my reply here, since I said it a number of times.

Anyways, more on-topic: the OP is getting bent out of shape by what an MVP's opinion is. I happen to agree with the MVP, but they aren't policy-makers. In fact, I think the OP has the term blue and MVP confused. An MVP isn't a blue-poster, in fact, their text is green.

At this point, I don't think this warrants further discussion. If Blizzard decides to extend forum bans to in-game bans, trolling drops by 95%. I think it should be done to clean up these forums.
Now the real question - how long before Droth's mvp status is stripped?

To all reading this, open up a petition and file complaints if you don't like his attitude.

MVP's are talking among themselves on wow forum sorting out info.

Thank you, yes - for anyone who doesn't like Droth's trolling, making crap up about game-time bans and getting threads started from it (Doesn't seem too productive, does it?) email here:

MVPs@Blizzard.com

To file a complaint.
Ugh, I can see where this is heading and I don't want to get into another pseudo-lawyer discussion. =/

Long story short, I wish this would happen across all Blizzard games.

Blizzard wants to curb trolling right? That's the whole reason behind the horrible RealID on the forums stuff right?

Equate Forum Bans to Game Bans.

Problem solved.

trollface.jpg (No seriously, problem solved)

That's a stupid idea - enough said.

Secondly: Permanent bans from the forums or the game unless it's something extremely serious is as well equally idiotic.
Interesting that unless there's a *clear* guideline to what trolling is. You may not want that to happen, e.g.: someone may found your post to be *trolling* and you get ban yourself.

Careful what you wished for.

There is, would you like to read it?

There really isn't, and frankly there cant be. The descriptive words for trolling are still open to subjective interpretation.

i got a 3 day ban for "stop posting blizzard fanboi" 2 weeks after release (pretty sure that was the quote... basically i called someone a fan boy in less than ten words). Most people don't get banned for this. I did. Therefor the decision was subjective, regardless of the validity, reliability or justification of that decision.

Also, you have become quite combative lately. You didnt get your MVP by posting like you have the last week or so (not to mention that ridiculous video), and its certainly not getting you anywhere now. I suggest you rise above this stuff a bit, as you are only worsening peoples perspective. You got the green text, you didn't want it but you accept it anyway, act like an MVP instead of a someone who knows how to flame without breaking forum guidelines.
08/13/2012 09:00 AMPosted by CatW
we need a statement from the Blue fast

Seeing that makes me want to throw up.
Please keep in mind that Blizzard forum MVPs are players expressing their personal views and opinions. If an MVP sincerely believes a different application of rules and terms would be ideal, they're welcome to express that opinion, provided they're posting within the confines of the forum Code of Conduct.

MVPs don't speak on behalf of Blizzard. Be sure to check out the stated goals and objectives of the MVP program for more information. If you have any feedback about the way an MVP represents oneself on the forums, feel free to send it to us via MVPs@Blizzard.com.
Please keep in mind that Blizzard forum MVPs are players expressing their personal views and opinions. If an MVP sincerely believes a different application of rules and terms would be ideal, they're welcome to express that opinion, provided they're posting within the confines of the forum Code of Conduct.

MVPs don't speak on behalf of Blizzard. Be sure to check out the stated goals and objectives of the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716"]MVP program[/url] for more information. If you have any feedback about the way an MVP represents oneself on the forums, feel free to send it to us via MVPs@Blizzard.com.

Why do MVPs never get moderated for breaking the CoC?
Okay so the MVPs are nobodies, gotcha. Be nice if they understood that, because they certainly don't act like it.

MVPs don't speak on behalf of Blizzard. Be sure to check out the stated goals and objectives of the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716"]MVP program[/url] for more information. If you have any feedback about the way an MVP represents oneself on the forums, feel free to send it to us via MVPs@Blizzard.com.

Why do MVPs never get moderated for breaking the CoC?

You know this how? You expect a full briefing every time this occurs?
08/13/2012 11:55 AMPosted by mki
Okay so the MVPs are nobodies, gotcha. Be nice if they understood that, because they certainly don't act like it.

Jealousy and envy are very ugly traits. Mind your own and everything will be fine.