Concern on new legendary 'a monster ability

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 19 Next
08/17/2012 02:30 PMPosted by barnak
"This ring sometimes calls forth a Treasure Goblin when you are hit."

something very interesting, i want 2 of those equipped at the same time k?

A good idea but I think you can only equip one item with a given name at a time. Since it is a legendary item, it will only have one name.
The effects from Legendary procs will not damage other friendly members of your party. There are quite a range of proc effects we’ve added, and while some share similar visual effects with monster affixes, we tried to ensure that there was a visual distinction as much as possible. Also, there are quite a number Legendary procs that haven’t been discovered yet, and many are rather … interesting.

Take, for instance, this lovely ring:

Puzzle Ring (Ring) - This ring gives heroes a chance to summon a Treasure Goblin when they’re hit. The tooltip will be something along the lines of: "This ring sometimes calls forth a Treasure Goblin when you are hit."

…I bet that will prove to be entertaining during a boss fight. ;)

Make it steal your loot.
The effects from Legendary procs will not damage other friendly members of your party. There are quite a range of proc effects we’ve added, and while some share similar visual effects with monster affixes, we tried to ensure that there was a visual distinction as much as possible. Also, there are quite a number Legendary procs that haven’t been discovered yet, and many are rather … interesting.

Puzzle Ring (Ring) - This ring gives heroes a chance to summon a Treasure Goblin when they’re hit. The tooltip will be something along the lines of: "This ring sometimes calls forth a Treasure Goblin when you are hit."

Make it steal your loot.

Haha it could very well have a chance to do that. We don't know, no one knows. A lot of people read what they want to read and make the most asinine assumptions.
08/17/2012 01:33 PMPosted by eGGiSM
Is it exploitable? Like what if a person with 2 Puzzle Rings equipped let mobs hit him to spawn and farm goblins over and over again

If they allow us to WEAR 2 of the same legendary item then yes but currently you can't equip two of the same one.
08/17/2012 02:21 PMPosted by BadMartigan
I want a legendary proc that turns me in to classic mephisto and lets me chain lightning the bejesus out of everthing. Or some sort of shape shifting items. Turn ME in to a Treasure Goblin and make me run away from my friends as they mercillesly beat me. Each class that has it on could turn them in to a unique "beast" form specific to that class. DO IT

+1000 DO IT!
One of these days ill make it through that portal they go through I haven't made it though yet Imagine the surprised little goblin.
Im sure that ring will an internal CD of 1 hour or something along those lines. A lot like how WoW trinkets have procs that can only happen every 45 sec or so.
who's crying about more goblins should just double everything I mean Y not what could go wrong?
when i get my goblin ring im only goin to play with people who have goblin rings I dont want people getting free treasure off of my ring.
Finally something fun in .4. Will there be any changes in life steal?
08/17/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Battleboxers
"We wiped on the butcher today because 3 goblins spawned and everyone chased a diferent target. All 3 got away." lol, it actually does sound fun though.

Well, perhaps you or one of your friends could offer the Butcher a piece of your mind by using one of his special attacks against him!

The Butcher’s Sickle (1h Axe) – This item will now give players a chance to cast the Butcher’s sickle attack, dragging enemies to them. The tooltip should read something along the lines of: “X% chance to drag enemies to you when attacking.”

I suspect such an item would, at the very least, be appealing when chasing down those rogue Treasure Goblins. ;)
Great for Monks and Barbs I guess. The other three classes? Not that great of a proc. Hopefully there are different ones that have similar benefits but work better for a ranged class that is usually trying to avoid getting hit.
i second that.. Lame.
"We wiped on the butcher today because 3 goblins spawned and everyone chased a diferent target. All 3 got away." lol, it actually does sound fun though.

Well, perhaps you or one of your friends could offer the Butcher a piece of your mind by using one of his special attacks against him!

The Butcher’s Sickle (1h Axe) – This item will now give players a chance to cast the Butcher’s sickle attack, dragging enemies to them. The tooltip should read something along the lines of: “X% chance to drag enemies to you when attacking.”

I suspect such an item would, at the very least, be appealing when chasing down those rogue Treasure Goblins. ;)

How is that going to help while chasing the goblin if it procs from hitting the mob? Or is this meant to be "On Use" or something like that?
OK but ur still not telling us when the patch will come out, the game is boring right now, and i get my butt handed to me in a box, plz hurry on that patch
I think you should call the butcher sickle attack by its original name is street fighter 2.

This ring gives heroes a chance to summon a Treasure Goblin when they’re hit. The tooltip will be something along the lines of: "This ring sometimes calls forth a Treasure Goblin when you are hit."

Dont want to be negative, but can we just fix the game?

I mean for the love of god just give us a game worth playing without adding extra bugs and making it all worst... again!!

When you finnaly manage that, then start adding your stupid ideas.

What are you crying about? You only have 1 character that is level 13. You can start crying when you get to 60.