1.0.4 Patch Notes Updates

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Did I miss it in the original notes where gems now stack to 100? Because I was rather surprised when I found I could do that. Made tons of room in my inventory.

Now, just give us items worth hunting, and the game will be complete. Legendary items aren't really worth hunting, unless you have bosses/packs that you know give a certain % chance of dropping the specific legendary item you're looking for. Rare items are still weak and boring, which is a problem considering those are what the community sees the most, and should be the items that keep the community hooked on the grind; once they become similar in excitement value (not power) as the legendary items, you guys will see a huge return of the player base.
Request for the next patch please.

Crafting mats stackable to 1000 like tomes
auto pickup of gems and potions as a selectable menu option
Hello Lylirra -

I had a thought last night while I was pwning some mobs to up my Paragon EXP. Can the devs look into adding gold/health globe pick up radius to the stats you gain as you level?

Maybe cap it at +10 radius. Gain 1 every 5 paragon levels, stopping at level 50 (just an example of course). I thought of this when my frustration levels grew after running back for the same gold pile 3 times. I noticed then that none of my high level gear had any of this.

Having your character pick up the gold just by running over it is great! However, I do long for the days of clicking the gold when I literally have to stand on top of the gold to pick it up.

Cheers!
08/22/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Wearwoof
Everyone read that interview. Apparently they know better than us what we find fun. Apparently we find getting 50's level gear in Act 3 inferno FUN!.

Ok, at the risk of sticking my head in the lion's mouth, I wanna play devil's advocate here for a minute. Why shouldn't they think they know what is more fun than us? They are professional game designers/developers. I trust that my lawyer knows what is legally best for me more than I do, and that my doctor knows what is medically better for me than I do, and that my accountants and fund managers know what is financially better for me than I do. Why don't these guys get that too?

I understand that people are complaining that the game isn't fun. I get that, and I understand that it may be a problem. But a lawyer probably gets tired of clients that act like they know what is best for themselves legally (when they rarely do) and doctors probably get tired of patients that act like they know what is best for themselves medically (when they rarely do). So why doesn't the same hold for people who design/develop games for a living?
To further expound on the above, does it occur to anyone that they may be right, that ilvl 50 gear dropping in inferno IS what is best for us? That if they only dropped ilvl60+ in inferno that we might get the best gear too quickly and then the game would cease to have any fun left in it at all?

I'm not saying they are right, I'm saying why don't they at least get a little benefit of the doubt?
Everyone read that interview. Apparently they know better than us what we find fun. Apparently we find getting 50's level gear in Act 3 inferno FUN!.

Lol. Nobody farmed goblins because it was fun, they did it because it was efficient and easy.

Way back before Beta even started, Blizzard said that if there were areas that were blatantly ideal to farm over other areas, they were going to nerf it.
Request for the next patch please.

Crafting mats stackable to 1000 like tomes
auto pickup of gems and potions as a selectable menu option

I was thinking the same thing, seconded
QUESTS
Players will now receive full experience and gold rewards for completing quests for the first time in Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno difficulties (Inferno quests will only provide gold rewards)

retroactively, right? just apply it to my Paragon XP, thx. :P
Removing the goblins is a BAD IDEA.

It was nice to incorporate the goblins into the Act 2 runs. IT was kind of a reward to find out after hunting packs.

Thanks for that. >.<
08/22/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Prodigy
people actually have fun farming goblins?

I know, sounds awful. To each their own though I guess.

Magic Find and Gold Find will now cap at 300% (Nephalem Valor bonuses will still stack beyond this cap)

Yay! Botters won't be able to get to like 1000 GF with Botskin! And eventually everyone will be even with them, at least in terms of GF. As far as time played botters will still be outpacing everyone else at around 4 to 1.

Lylirra, is there anything that can be done about these botters? Blizzard is keeping all the conspiracy theories going by not saying anything about it. Won't you be able to know immediately who the botters are once 2 weeks from now they will all be at Paragon lvl 100, and us actual players will all still be around lvl 30 or 40? A comment on this would go a LOOOOONG way to make people more confident in this game's future.

Also, this new patch is amazing. :)
ilv 50 gear in act 3 inferno is stupid. They only allow it to drop because they think they can trick you into being excited about getting an ilv 63 item, with ilv 50 stats.

Fix the loot, and the games complete, but you guys already know that. The problem is that you either made a technological boo boo of epic proportions, or you're letting your pride get in the way. After seeing how the dev team trash talked about David Blevik, I would be leaning towards the latter.
How about an end to the enUS enEU en?? whatever issue that's preventing so many players from actually being (Able to PLay) anything, we can't download the 1.0.4 patch yet, even after roadside assistance (file change suggestions), as well as (Account enAU to enUS client downloads..blah blah blah (It didn't work) even using a plastic Harry Potter wand and waving it over the PC tower was worth a try. Just a little help from the pro's would be cool about now...
Magic Find and Gold Find will now cap at 300% (Nephalem Valor bonuses will still stack beyond this cap)
Does this include followers? And why does this cap not reflect properly on my Character Screen?
And I think you forgot to add the note for fixing followers so they don't attack mobs until I do...oh wait, nevermind. :P
08/22/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Lylirra
If we make any further additions to the 1.0.4 patch notes, we'll make sure to call them out here.

I might have missed it, but it seems like the changes to the banner colors have been omitted from the notes. For example, black has been changed to a shade of brown.
08/22/2012 01:59 PMPosted by FalconGK81

Ok, at the risk of sticking my head in the lion's mouth, I wanna play devil's advocate here for a minute. Why shouldn't they think they know what is more fun than us? They are professional game designers/developers. I trust that my lawyer knows what is legally best for me more than I do, and that my doctor knows what is medically better for me than I do, and that my accountants and fund managers know what is financially better for me than I do. Why don't these guys get that too?

I understand that people are complaining that the game isn't fun. I get that, and I understand that it may be a problem. But a lawyer probably gets tired of clients that act like they know what is best for themselves legally (when they rarely do) and doctors probably get tired of patients that act like they know what is best for themselves medically (when they rarely do). So why doesn't the same hold for people who design/develop games for a living?

This is so true. It happens all the time in other areas too. I used to work in tech support and supposed "computer geniuses" would call in and act all superior like they they know soooo much more than me. I would always be dying to say; "Umm, if you are so amazingly gifted in the realm of computers than why the !@#$ are you calling tech support????"

MONSTERS
  • The treasure goblin spawn has been removed from the Road to Alcarnus and the Ancient Path

• :'(
    :'(

Don't be too upset...they seem to have increased overall gob spawn rate by like...300% or so. It's insane how many spawn now...I get 2 per "level" fairly frequently.
    With Inferno being easier and Paragon levels, there is no need to farm goblins. If you planned on farming goblins after the patch, Blizzard did you a favor by removing them.
    Shhh.