A Message From Jay

General Discussion
Prev 1 139 140 141 143 Next
Why should I have to work an auction house to play a hack and slash.
I'm just disappointed in the unprofessionalism and lack of respect for someone who helped build the game.

One of Blizzard's core values is 'Play Nice; Play Fair'

"In our business first impressions are important -- but lasting impressions are everything. We strive to maintain a high level of respect and integrity in all interactions with our players, colleagues, and business partners. The conduct of each Blizzard Entertainment employee, whether online or offline, can reflect on the entire company."

This reflects poorly on everyone involved with Blizzard, not just Jay Wilson.
09/06/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Noxifer
I hope by sound you don't mean the soundtrack, because then your statement will be really dumb. The D3 soundtrack can't even compare to the D2 one.

I was mostly talking about the sound of the special effects, spells, environment, walls collapsing etc.. Diablo 2 soundtrack was by far much better. lil remake of the D1 :D

Good old days =D
You can't base what Blizzard does based on one person there it doesn't make sense. It's the same thing when people blamed the CEO of apple for making the iPhones 4GS the worst iphone. Common it's an entire company that did the product. Here it's the opposite: One person from Blizzard posted a comment, ok it's wasn't right but Blizzard definitely cares about their users more than anything else, hence the patches, constant updates and the reason why they make awesome games to begin with. =D
If you where doing a better job jay you wouldn't have got pissed off in the first place.

Make the game more fun instead of more RMAH and you won't care what other people think.

When you know you have done a good job you won't care what one looser says.

+1
@Deathaddict : you nailed it !!!
09/05/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Xebarsis
Hmmmm... this thread is no longer stickied.

A BIG question mark eh????

come on BLizz, umad???? LOL LOL LOL LOL
lets just be clear you douche; You owe your career to Brevik.

The fact that you created this insult of a game and then blamed Brevik of all people is disgraceful.

I dont care for your apology to me cause it should be, on live video, to Brevik.

He created that great game that we all know and love, it was you that ruined it.

You dont only owe that apoloogy to him because you insulted him, but because you did it to the man who made your job possible.

The sad reality, is that now i will second guess SC2 because i now believe that assclowns like you will create bad ideas for that game.

Think about it. You failed so bad that one of the best franchises in the world has lost reputation...I will never trust Blizz because of you.

+1
You SUCK!!!
09/07/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Paz
3. The whole 'fastest selling PC game' is all they care about.
You mention there is no "Silver Bullet" to fixing the game, I believe the silver bullet would entail firing you and hiring someone who knows how to design a great game. I don't believe you or Blizzard South spent "years" on this piece of junk you try to pass off as a Diablo game. For me the simple fact is 13 years later i am playing Diablo 2:LOD instead of wasting my time time on D3...I like to have fun when I play a game. You and your team, but I mainly blame you, crushed my heart. I waited so long for this game and I can tell you for a fact I will not be playing it a month from now let alone 10 years from now. Thanks for nothing.
09/08/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Bohemund
None of that bugs me... the only thing that bugs me is that the stuff Dave was criticizing is stuff we've all criticized a thousand times on this forums.

Wilson and crew's angry reaction tells me that

1. They hadn't been listening to us or caring
2. The "**** that loser" applies to all of us, that is what they think about us.

It was... really disheartening.
Pretty much everything that every troll joked about ended up being dead-on accurate.

+1
Did you actually write 'QQ'? What are you? The Uber Nerd, or just a twelve year old?
I could care less about comments you make towards others. My only concern is PvP. Still waiting for it and fans have been in the dark for way to long. Unacceptable...
09/07/2012 05:35 PMPosted by otc
You can't base what Blizzard does based on one person there it doesn't make sense. It's the same thing when people blamed the CEO of apple for making the iPhones 4GS the worst iphone. Common it's an entire company that did the product. Here it's the opposite: One person from Blizzard posted a comment, ok it's wasn't right but Blizzard definitely cares about their users more than anything else, hence the patches, constant updates and the reason why they make awesome games to begin with. =D

Uh, yes you definitely can. The person at the helm of the ship is responsible for the direction it goes in. Lead Designer is not a mere title.

And that's an absolute joke to compare Jay Wilson to Steve jobs. It's like comparing an ant to a titan. The 4S was a great product by the way. Even if it was bad according to you, yes, it would have been Steve Jobs that took the heat from backlash.

Jay Wilson is a complete unprofessional. I understand Blizzard trying to defend him but this guy has absolutely no idea what he's doing and I don't know why so many of you are defending him.

I don't know if it's because he's in the gaming industry so his actions are seen differently but anyone of a similar stature as Jay that butchered one of the company's flagship products, hurt their reputation, gives ZERO interviews or public announcements besides excuses since the product's launch, offends customers, curses at other developers in public, and is able to keep his/her job. It's an absolute joke.

Read what Jay wrote. He states what he did and right after offers the excuse as to why he did it. Mike Morhaime already came out for him, which was a politically incorrect move, and tried to calm the crowd by talking about the issues and future improvements. Then Jay, who should have continued to keep his mouth shut if that's what the guys with the suits decided on, comes out and does this.

Jay Wilson can do whatever the hell he wants. Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want. But you guys are imbeciles to continue to defend him. He's responsible for his own actions, he doesn't need or deserve sympathy, something he's trying so hard to extract from consumers and all of you are giving to him. He's the lead designer of one of, or somewhat was, the greatest gaming franchises in the world.
^