Login and Auction House Issues - 8/24/12

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 16 Next
Captain Obvious here.....here's a "novel" idea.....give us the option to play offline on our own PCs, so that we can at least enjoy some senseless mayhem while you figure out how to get your act together? Then we can all jump back in and play with our pals and play the AH market once you have the ubiquitous issues resolved?
Not a hater, just sayin..........
its ok guys.... its all for the best, stop being babes, i wanna play too.... but the company is dealing with a lot of !@#$
Its 60 dollars you can make that from a day of work its not that much money and if you sold anything on RMAH then you probably broke even stop complaining let them do their jobs
Pretty crappy game when patching isn't up to par for the live servers. I was up trying to play until 1am this morning and now I come back and its still not fixed. WOW...you go Diablo team...Great Job...NOT
Misenpla
View profile
Just a suggestion. Why not do server maintenance in the middle of the night say around 2am to 6am.

The world does not revolve around the Americas.

The American server does.
08/24/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Lylirra
Update 10:30 a.m. PDT: We are in the process of bringing all Diablo III servers in the Americas down for maintenance to address issues affecting player login and the auction house system. We currently anticipate that this maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT (~2 hours of downtime).

Aww, I just got on and was going to try the workarounds. :(
08/24/2012 10:37 AMPosted by JenesisX
This has moved into the realm of being pathetic. Seriously.

Life is can be painful and throw some terrible things at you....A game having some minor short term issues is far from anything to worry about.

EVERY GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED ONLINE ALWAYS HAS PROBLEMS!!!!

What is wrong with you people? Get a grip. It'll all be fixed shortly.
chill guys! the company is probably going through a lot of shiat! let them fix what they need to do, or else all the good stuff u worked on might just all be for nothing.
it gonna come back up tomorrow
Jesus people...relax...you guys !@#$% about error 3006, they take the servers down to fix it...and you ^-*!@ more. lol
08/24/2012 10:49 AMPosted by ZQLIMY
blizzard go to hell with diablo.

I think that's in the expansion A5.
This is y this game should also have a single player option that is not connected to the internet.
I'm in the same boat as you. I thought they'd have things ironed out by now, but apparently not. I understand they want to protect their intellectual property from thieves but I paid for this game and it befuddles me as to why I can't play it consistently. Frankly, I'm done shelling out any more money to Blizzard and if any other company wants to follow this model for a single player game they'll also be devoid of any cash from me.
08/24/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Wilvekio69
Pretty crappy game when patching isn't up to par for the live servers. I was up trying to play until 1am this morning and now I come back and its still not fixed. WOW...you go Diablo team...Great Job...NOT

Speaking of jobs....maybe that's what your life is missing....a job?

Awesome game. Most fun I've had gaming since 2007 when Diablo 2 was nearing the end of it's peak.
Hold on I do not get it. Should only Americas users be affected? I am in UK, why it is showing me that I am logging into Americas?
08/24/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Thanatos
I actually work for the Newport News Shipyard and work with servers in the same manner that Blizzard does. It actually is a lot of work (imagine a giant room full of giant servers). However, whenever we have a problem at the shipyard and have to bring servers down, we can do it within minutes. I am having a hard time understanding why this is gonna take 2 hours, and why it took 8 hours to notice. Yes you guys have more servers than us and on a larger scale, but the technology is there to avoid these problems.

Took them long enough to notice I think is mainly their after hours staff. I think there's probably too little. I mean seriously...who wants to work a full time job from 12 am to 8 am, Monday to Friday?! By the time you get home from work, you would hardly see any sun. Why?! Because you will be going to sleep.
I'm looking forward to the flawless game and 100% uptime servers you crybabies are putting together.

Anyway, hopefully this downtime secured the item I bid on that was getting nickel and dimed up before the servers started goin' all wonky.

Seriously though, get the hell over it. The uptime on this game is still in the green. Until it falls below the 95%+ it's at, it isn't a big deal.

And to you AH officionados who are "losing gold" on your items, you're still making more than the merchant gives you. you aren't really losing anything.
I work with servers for a living on a large scale. I can say that 2 hours to re-start servers is complete bull!@#$. They are on their lunch breaks and smoking %^-* out back.
08/24/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Papito
Jesus people...relax...you guys !@#$% about error 3006, they take the servers down to fix it...and you ^-*!@ more. lol

I couldn't give two !@#$s about the server going down. It's pathetic that a gaming company can't make a game work after they sell it but I can go do other things.

I'm pissed that when they know the current AH revolves around sniping, they don't pause the auctions.
08/24/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Lylirra
Not only were there problems logging in, I wasn't asked for my authenticator code when I finally did get in, so authentication is not working even when able to log in.

Check your Battle.net account security settings (Account > Security Options > Authenticator) in Account Management and make sure that you have the "Require an authenticator code every time you log in to the game" box checked.

If it isn't checked and you're logging in from the same location(s) consistently, then you won't be prompted to enter an Authenticator code every time log in.

([url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412101790?page=2#33"]Next Blizzard Post[/url])

It isn't 100%. My wife's account doesn't ask every time (yes, the dingy box is checked). It's not just today, it happens here and there.