Guild Wars 2. 1 Million People Pre-purchased!

Games & Technology
Title: Guild Wars 2. 1 Million People Pre-purchased!

I bet Arenanet is proud! And i wish them alot of luck!

I never thought they would reach 1 million of pre-purchases at all, i mean they do deserve to sell good because the game itself is really something. Out of us 12 friends that bought all of us like it very much. Altho two of us have had different trouble's with connection and what not. But it's a newly released game so they don't mind. And no it isn't because the game is new, we have played All betas and stress test before, we like it because it's a solid game, and it will keep us playing for a very long time in the future. Which to me is.. great! :)

And a good game is hard to find these days, sadly but true. If you havent bought it yet you really should, as a gamer you can't miss this game just because there have been a few bad apples in recent months *cough*.

Anyway, what do you think about the 1 million pre-purchases?
I thought it was great!

Source:
https://twitter.com/mkerstein/status/240467061535567872
https://twitter.com/John_J_Ryan/status/240469714135027712
Yea i just read the article. 1m prepurchasers, not Preorders. 400k Players at the same time. And the only complaints about the game so far.. Bug related. Grats to Arenanet
Isnt this around the same amount of people that preordered TOR?
08/28/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Wren

I think they had more. BioWare and Star Wars is going to sell, to bad nobody played passed 2 days, like me xD.

I had high hopes.

Well atleast Gw2 was great, that's 1 out of 2 :)
The game is awesome so far! So glad I was one of the pre-purchasers!!!
LOL!!!! Only 1 million? WoW and Diablo sold over 20 million in the 1st 24hours...
North America and Europe have about 4 million subs at best unless the Asian populations have increased in which case those numbers are going to be lower.
08/28/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Wren

First off, it's a pre-purchase not a pre-order. They paid in full in advance for GW2, SWTOR on the otherhand meant, at most, that you put down $5.

Secondly, it's more than double were they the same thing....but they aren't.
08/28/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Jackalack
LOL!!!! Only 1 million? WoW and Diablo sold over 20 million in the 1st 24hours...

What are you smoking?!

When it comes to Diablo 3 it sold around 1-3 million first 24 hour i think.
But how many was left in D3 after 2 days? Ask yourself that ;P
08/29/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Tirien

What are you smoking?!

Yea Im wrong lol. 1st 24/hours wasn't right for Diablo, but for WoW and its expacs it was rather close. Ill have to check the World Record Book again >.>
08/29/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Jackalack

What are you smoking?!

Yea Im wrong lol. 1st 24/hours wasn't right for Diablo, but for WoW and its expacs it was rather close. Ill have to check the World Record Book again >.>

Regardless, Farmville has more players than WoW, GW2 and Diablo combined. Farmville wins.
i dont care about sales #s or comparisons, it's whether or not your players remember the game as good or pure crap is what matters, if its good it'll continue spreading like wildfire among friends and continue gaining players, if its crap it's only going to lose players and your friends'll tell them to avoid it like the plague instead. it's depressing to see my friends play d3 because they just want to make money off the RMAH but look so bored grinding those items. zz whereas my other friends who made their cashback on d3 after selling their equip(checked their profiles all their chars are naked/empty) within the first 2 months are now playing gw2 daily and barely anything else.

remember minecraft? ppl were like this game looks like garbage and plays like it at first, guess what now the ppl who made it are millionaires and the game's extremely popular among all ages. go figure.
adding to my previous post,
if you seruosly freaking made that many sales and ur game was crap you have the cash flow to fix it and FAST whereas if you didnt have that much income but your game was good then you'd have no problem, but what does taht say about your game creator if they don't fix it up quickly with such a large income and resource from massive sales??
adding to my previous post,
if you seruosly freaking made that many sales and ur game was crap you have the cash flow to fix it and FAST whereas if you didnt have that much income but your game was good then you'd have no problem, but what does taht say about your game creator if they don't fix it up quickly with such a large income and resource from massive sales??

This is precisely why a huge proportion of the community left. The D3 team is backed up financially by Blizzard. Yet the rate at which we see improvements and fixes is slower then games with small budgets. Not to mention, blue posts were even slower to reply.

Regardless, Farmville has more players than WoW, GW2 and Diablo combined. Farmville wins.

Yea, but Farmville is part of FaceBook. On average 1 out of every 8 person on the planet has Facebook. So true, it does have the most players, however it poses little to no threat to other games.

Farmville and The Sims should make a baby.
That baby game would sell in the billions..

Ah wth, wanna give it a shot? I program the game you fix the hype, and let's make some REAL money.
But farmville doesn't beat The Sims franchise, right?
125 million copies sold... I mean that's... that's sick... I want that money!