I still think Zoltun Kulle was good.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
No no no, the only good character you killed in the game was the Chancellor.

"No, I cannot let you bring that monster, Leoric back to life."

Hahah! Ef' you Chancellor, now give me your TP powers!
No no no, the only good character you killed in the game was the Chancellor.

"No, I cannot let you bring that monster, Leoric back to life."

Hahah! Ef' you Chancellor, now give me your TP powers!

Leah was good. You killed her.
08/28/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Shagsbeard
Lawful-Evil in the DnD scheme of things. "Lawful" is about goal setting... his goals are for order and security. Peace if you will. "Evil" is about action. He disregards the welfare of those he's trying to protect and wants to master over them.

Sounds like something we know.War. :D In an attempt to bring peace minor sacrifices is essential to the longevity and peace of human kind. <-something along the line.
Meh Leah was NOT good
08/28/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Dakush
Meh Leah was NOT good

Oh come on. You can't seriously mean that.

I expected for someone to argue with me about Leah already being "gone", but you can't honestly say "Leah was NOT good". That's absurd.
Sure he might have been a power-hungry Horadrim renegade, but he did aim to save mankind from the consequences of meaningless, never ending battles of angels of demons and their plots against Nephalem.

Ensuring the safety and well being of one's race, now that's something I would hardly call evil.

I am sure Hitler or Stalin never saw them self as evil either, claiming they "saved" the world, yeah.

But I see your point and I dont think Kulle has to be evil, it is never really explained why his targets have been seen as wrong. Was it somehow required to sacrifice people for creating the black soul stone? Anyway. The game shows him as evil ... and that is what is really sad. So many missed oportunities with this NPC.
if i ever meet Kulle. i'm buying him a beer!
I would have a beer with him.
Sure he might have been a power-hungry Horadrim renegade, but he did aim to save mankind from the consequences of meaningless, never ending battles of angels of demons and their plots against Nephalem.

Ensuring the safety and well being of one's race, now that's something I would hardly call evil.

I am sure Hitler or Stalin never saw them self as evil either, claiming they "saved" the world, yeah.

But I see your point and I dont think Kulle has to be evil, it is never really explained why his targets have been seen as wrong. Was it somehow required to sacrifice people for creating the black soul stone? Anyway. The game shows him as evil ... and that is what is really sad. So many missed oportunities with this NPC.

Real life rules doesn't play well in Diablo. The mankind and the Sanctuary was just a playground for angels and demons, and it was always the humanity that suffered their whimsical deeds.
I love how Kulle is so powerful he had to be dismembered and spread around the desert because they couldn't kill him off.

Then I run in an punch him in the face with my monk - DEAD!
If Zoltan Kulle, was good, then why did he attack me? I was only defending myself.
I think that he, like most characters, would believe that he was the hero of his own story. Whether others view his actions and motivations as good, evil, or somewhere in-between depends entirely on their perspective.
08/29/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Wearwoof
If Zoltan Kulle, was good, then why did he attack me? I was only defending myself.

Because our hero's basically go, "no thanks, I don't want to join you, but because you offered to join forces, and are now hesitating on giving us the stone for a few seconds, we're going to take that as betrayal". Too bad ZK simply realized what was going on, and took a few seconds to come to realization of this. He had been trying to tell you the whole time what he suspected was happening, the fact is the hero is naive and too stupid to realize it, I hope they feel stupid in the expansion and resurrect him and apologize. He never broke his bargain and honored every part of it, if he wanted, as soon as he was res'd, he could have just locked his shadow realm away from us and ran off with the soulstone.

Especially as others have mentioned, nephalems are returning due to the world stone being destroyed, we need a leader like ZK who has knowledge beyond our understanding.

The hero makes a huge mistake due to being mislead by both Angel and Demon kind alike, further perpetuating the fact that until a hero like ZK can manage to fulfill the nephalem destiny (Sanctuary is neph territory, angels and demons have no place to rule over it) they will continue being puppets of 2 worlds older than their own.
ZK like most other aspects of the story, went a direction that it had to go, not for good story telling, but for the typical Hollywood "YAY THE GOOD GUY WON" feeling that appeals to the masses, who take everything at face value, people who don't post on forums like these.
Best character in d3 without a doubt. Imo it doesn't make any sense to fight him, to bad you couldn't choose his side. I did never farm zk out of respect for him, when i was farming act2 i started at kill belial quest instead!
08/29/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Syyynd
Best character in d3 without a doubt.
I would have joined him if I had a choice.
Who the hell reported Falcon? We've been trying to get a consolidated feedback post stickied for four days with no response. It would be nice to at least know why. Sorry. We're not trying to derail your conversation here, we just want to draw Blue's attention to a post that could really use a Blue reply. Thanks.
08/28/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Shagsbeard
Lawful-Evil in the DnD scheme of things. "Lawful" is about goal setting... his goals are for order and security. Peace if you will. "Evil" is about action. He disregards the welfare of those he's trying to protect and wants to master over them.

I'm not an expert on DnD, but wouldn't he be Chaotic Good? My understanding of it is Lawful evil = Evil motives through lawful means. Chaotic Good = Good motives by any means necessary.
I'm not an expert on DnD, but wouldn't he be Chaotic Good? My understanding of it is Lawful evil = Evil motives through lawful means. Chaotic Good = Good motives by any means necessary.

Never played DnD but using those words brings back memories of Neverwinter Nights.

Might go play that tonight actually.