2h Cleave/Rend build is AMAZING + FUN

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
143.5 million gold on what I am currently wearing not counting the gems. Some items I found for cheap and others I probably paid too much. For instance I bought my bracers 2 and a half months ago for 3 million gold. You'd be hard pressed to find an equivalent pair for so cheap now. My chest though I paid 44 million for which is probably 10-20 million too much on today's market
08/27/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Devilspawn
How much did you guys spend on your gear to achieve these results? Or were they found?

For me personally:

Helm - Bought
Neck - Bought
Shoulders - Crafted
Chest - Found
Gloves - Found
Bracers - Found
Belt - Bought
Pants - Found
Boots - Bought
Ring 1 - BK ring is a friends (borrowing) but I have found a BK ring before!
Ring 2 - Found
Weapon - Bought

I've farmed and traded since release. I had been a tank for a long long time and farmed with my Wiz friend but I decided to go dps a couple days ago and sold all my gear. I'm so glad I did.
Curious, why is a 2H weapon more effective than 2 1H weapons? Is this a case of the 700% weapon damage over 5 seconds being MUCH stronger than the 2 1H weapons?

As you can see from my profile, I'm running Frenzy and 2 1k 1H weapons in Act 3. I think I'm doing ok but, like all of you, I'm always open to advice.

Before 1.0.4: I was a HUGE fan of Cleave, but switched over to Frenzy for the % dmg bonus to help Rend.
08/27/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Midono
143.5 million gold on what I am currently wearing not counting the gems. Some items I found for cheap and others I probably paid too much. For instance I bought my bracers 2 and a half months ago for 3 million gold. You'd be hard pressed to find an equivalent pair for so cheap now. My chest though I paid 44 million for which is probably 10-20 million too much on today's market

You indeed have very nice bracers, wish mine had all resist! I can't seem to part with the pair I found due to the amount of strength on them. I was so excited when they dropped.
08/27/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Devilspawn
How much did you guys spend on your gear to achieve these results? Or were they found?

I've spent less than a million on my gear.
I am loving rend as well OP. i have a slight modification to what you do... I still use frenzy/sidearm, and i even have revenge/provacation still active. This is probably overkill, but HOLY CRAP is it fun to get in the middle of a big pile of enemies and just TEAR THEM UP with rend and revenge!

I might think about switching to cleave though...
Check my build.....

I face tank anything and kill fast.

Check my weapon for idea. Do heal with rend, use 900% but heal elsewhere.
@Vapala - Dude, I hope you're being sarcastic. It's pretty clear you could face tank anything with any build... Your items are amazing.

Anyone have an opinion why a 2H is better than 2 1H?

p.s.
As for gear ; I've been playing since release, stopped for 3 weeks but 1.04 brought me back.

Because I started so early, I've been able to just accumulate gear.

Everything I have is bought, except for my precious little amulet. Something about actually finding a piece of your gear...
It depends on your skills/style of play. Some things are better with a high "per hit" damage, like Earthquake for instance which benefits from a high damage per hit two hander, and some things are better with a high hit rate (LOH is certainly more effective that way) benefiting more from the multiple hits.

Someone else can give you a much better set of examples, but that's it in a nutshell.
There's so much variation in these builds, I'm loving it. Anything can work really and varies depending on the gear you have. The better the gear you have the more you can start swapping out defensive skills.
Curious, why is a 2H weapon more effective than 2 1H weapons? Is this a case of the 700% weapon damage over 5 seconds being MUCH stronger than the 2 1H weapons?

As you can see from my profile, I'm running Frenzy and 2 1k 1H weapons in Act 3. I think I'm doing ok but, like all of you, I'm always open to advice.

Before 1.0.4: I was a HUGE fan of Cleave, but switched over to Frenzy for the % dmg bonus to help Rend.

The base damage is so much higher, so your rend is that much better, which also makes the life regen (if you use blood lust) a complete replacement of overpower.

I was dual wielding and doing about 43K damage before a friend found a 1300dps doom hammer with soc. (check profile). That thing gives a 21K dps boost in damage.

When i pop zerk (insanity), each tick off rend does 130K damage, while each cleave does like 370-500K.

As mentioned by others, the critical part of this build is the life leech on the belt. In most cases rend will heal you to full when there are enough targets. The life leech on belt shines when you are going one on one with tremors or any of those tankish heavy hitters.
I spent this weekend farming act 3 inferno all the way up to paragon level 18 using a couple different builds. I started off trying a build using a Bash/Seismic Slam(Rumble rune) build and even though it produced some huge crits I found the animation a little too slow for my liking, usually putting me in danger every time I used it. I had even bought my Skorn with +7% chance to Seismic Slam since I heard so much praise for this build. Oh well the weapon is still amazing in itself and have no regrets getting it.

After a couple runs trying different runes I decided to check out a Cleave/Rend build similar to what I used while leveling to 60 to begin with. The results were amazing. Cleave was dishing out huge damage to anything in front of me usually critting for 300k-400k a swing while Rend paired with the Blood Lust rune was keeping me topped off but also providing almost too good to be true damage. Whenever I ran into a pack of elites I'd pop Wrath(Insanity) throw up a Rend and Cleave down the entire group in about 5-10 seconds. I could literally stand in a desecration, plague puddle, and fire chain at the same time and stay topped due to the amount of damage I was putting out. Even on bosses where I was only using Cleave on a single target they would melt.

I couldn't even tell you how many act 3 runs I did over the weekend with this build but all I know is I won't be switching out Cleave or Rend for quite some time (maybe play around with a couple different cleave runes). I was lucky enough to find a Windforce, 2x lvl 59 legendary weapons, a really nice pair of Depth Diggers, and found my pretty amazing rare gloves/chest.

If anyone is looking to switch from a WW build to something different I highly recommend giving it a try.

I also prefer Cleave, however I use Seismic as well. I find it makes those annoying mobs that run and/or range so much more bearable. I also cannot seem to live without Leap. It just makes the barb so...awesome for me. Iron Impact takes care of any oh-!@#$ moments, and WotB takes care of....everything.

I do not like any sort of builds that require constant attention for buffs, hence I cannot stand Bash and/or even the Rage Shout. Just my play style.

Anyways, Acts3/4 are a joke with this build and my gear. My Seismic Slams crit for 700k (1.2m in Zerker) and my rends just melt things too goo.

Ultimately, I agree, I love how easy Cleave just takes care of packs (and rend).
I spent this weekend farming act 3 inferno all the way up to paragon level 18 using a couple different builds. I started off trying a build using a Bash/Seismic Slam(Rumble rune) build and even though it produced some huge crits I found the animation a little too slow for my liking, usually putting me in danger every time I used it. I had even bought my Skorn with +7% chance to Seismic Slam since I heard so much praise for this build. Oh well the weapon is still amazing in itself and have no regrets getting it.

After a couple runs trying different runes I decided to check out a Cleave/Rend build similar to what I used while leveling to 60 to begin with. The results were amazing. Cleave was dishing out huge damage to anything in front of me usually critting for 300k-400k a swing while Rend paired with the Blood Lust rune was keeping me topped off but also providing almost too good to be true damage. Whenever I ran into a pack of elites I'd pop Wrath(Insanity) throw up a Rend and Cleave down the entire group in about 5-10 seconds. I could literally stand in a desecration, plague puddle, and fire chain at the same time and stay topped due to the amount of damage I was putting out. Even on bosses where I was only using Cleave on a single target they would melt.

I couldn't even tell you how many act 3 runs I did over the weekend with this build but all I know is I won't be switching out Cleave or Rend for quite some time (maybe play around with a couple different cleave runes). I was lucky enough to find a Windforce, 2x lvl 59 legendary weapons, a really nice pair of Depth Diggers, and found my pretty amazing rare gloves/chest.

If anyone is looking to switch from a WW build to something different I highly recommend giving it a try.

I also prefer Cleave, however I use Seismic as well. I find it makes those annoying mobs that run and/or range so much more bearable. I also cannot seem to live without Leap. It just makes the barb so...awesome for me. Iron Impact takes care of any oh-!@#$ moments, and WotB takes care of....everything.

I do not like any sort of builds that require constant attention for buffs, hence I cannot stand Bash and/or even the Rage Shout. Just my play style.

Anyways, Acts3/4 are a joke with this build and my gear. My Seismic Slams crit for 700k (1.2m in Zerker) and my rends just melt things too goo.

Ultimately, I agree, I love how easy Cleave just takes care of packs (and rend).

You're gear could use some work...
I am detecting sarcasm.
Thanks for the response. Looks like I've got some shopping to do tonight.
Jesus Christ Vapala how much did you pay for that sword?
08/27/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Sinister
Jesus Christ Vapala how much did you pay for that sword?

Don't know what the big deal is about Vapala's sword. Its nice but it has no socket and the crit damage is on the low side.
08/27/2012 01:15 PMPosted by BadPathing
I am detecting sarcasm.

lol you guessed it. Very nice gear sir.
Been running a similar build since 1.04, the damage on cleave/broad sweep is just awesome, not to mention that loh procs on every mob hit each swing,

And Rend is just OP, its practically better than revenge, no cd, more damage and better healing.

Tried bash, but its just too slow.