2h Cleave/Rend build is AMAZING + FUN

Barbarian
Prev 1 5 6 7
@Zaknaril

I really like the way you've taken your gears in the last few days. you also didn't neglect your Enchantress. Well done!
That chest piece is ballin.

@Jazz

You really really need some All Resist. You need about 300 All Resist on your gear (before shout etc) to trivialize Act 1. 400 for Act 2, 500 for Act 3, and there's never enough for Act 4.
Drop your chest, shoulders, belt, and boots.
Look for pieces to replace those with a nice high VIT stat, plus AllResist 60 or more.
STR is secondary, as is armor and move speed etc etc.

Here's some quick numbers for you that most newer players to inferno don't realize.
300 All Resist prevents HALF on incoming damage.
500 All Resist prevents 60%.
700 All Resist prevents 70%.

300 All Resist to double your survivability. Get some.
So glad people are catching on to this. I've been rolling this build since release pretty much. I haven't really tried Revenge with it though. Something to think about. Heres a couple vids of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTx_DU395b0&feature=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFsPbwbs58Q&feature=g-upl

I hope you guys are using Rupture.
Hey guys, new barbarian here after I gave up on my monk. Sold some gear, tried to re-gear to the two handed mode. Still dying too much what do u guys recommend for equipment or skills to help me survive Act 3?

thanks for input.
10/11/2012 07:54 AMPosted by WizziWizard
I loved my rend build but I don't think I met the gear requirements for survival or I was just doing it wrong (act 3 ranged were just destroying me). Unfortunately (or fortunately) I had to switch over to a WW build that for the moment has upped my survive-ability considerably. I miss watching elites and bosses melt in less than 10 seconds but I may switch back once I can pass the gear check or figure out what the heck I was doing wrong.

Wizz, you have the lot except more life (at least 40k), so you should be coasting in A3 with Rend.

For ranged, mobility is useful - I personally use Leap. Leap into them, and rend. It takes some practice, but you will get the hang of it. Don't give up on the build.
@Zak
Thanks for the input. I change my skills yesterday n it was awesome! Although I died 3-4 times but my mobility has increased greatly.. Thanks for the input. Need to practice this skill more tho.
@Rahl
Yup I need to practice more with this set skill so I can get better.. Now I don't have to worry bout ranged mobs.. There are a pain in the !@# before lol.. Now I used leap, rend, cleave all dead!
And also should I change my chest armor first bcos it has the lowest RA from all my gears? Hmmm..... If only an ik chest drop for me it would be an awesome feeling!
Forgot to mention I'm using a life steal belt @ 3.00%
Been using rend build for a couple weeks now, and loving it

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but ignore pain / revenge is really unnecessary

once you have around 350 all resist

Ground stomp is where its at with "wrenching smash" rune

i found it hard to die in ACT 3 now with ground stomp

4 second stun, large range - pulling them all close for a good coverage of rend every time

works great - been able to equip more MF and sacrifice all resist due to it :)
Archaon, agree on Revenge and may try out GS. I feel IP is still necessary for the %$^#@^ occasion, especially with frozen/arcane.

Does it work on maniacs? ;)
Hmmmm.. I still feel the need for IP or Revenge (although after testing IP seems to be more effective), mostly for reflect damage, and Arcane. My resistances aren't all that high and neither is my lifesteal, and certain types of champ packs can be hard if the usual amount of LS from rend isnt coming back in full because of RD. I'll try and mix some aspects of "Build 1" and "Build 2" from my videos which sounds like what Archaon is doing. It's not like I ever die in a 1 player game, but I definitely do when carrying a less than stellar multiplayer game. I'm also working on a variation of the build for mlvl10 that includes HOTA for giant dps. Might make a vid for that soon too.
Archaon View profile

Been using rend build for a couple weeks now, and loving it

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but ignore pain / revenge is really unnecessary

once you have around 350 all resist

Ground stomp is where its at with "wrenching smash" rune

i found it hard to die in ACT 3 now with ground stomp

4 second stun, large range - pulling them all close for a good coverage of rend every time

works great - been able to equip more MF and sacrifice all resist due to it :)

I've been doing the exact same thing using GS - Wrenching smash except I don't use IP.

I switch to OP - Killing Spree. So, I entered large mob, cast ground stomp then use OP. If enemy still live within range, i use Rend. This way my rend will have more crit chance to deal crit damage over the enemies.

Ground Stomp also works against enemies that are running away. Instead of defending yourself using IP, i found that by stunning them is much easier to rend them. Not to mention that my Rend will be highly critical due to OP - KS.

IMHO, Cleave/Rend build does not necessary stack IAS. The more Crit Damage, the better our Rend is. Thats why I choose OP to serve me as damage support skill instead of defending using IP.

But I guess, its all just a personal preference whether you want to use what skill on Cleave/Rend build.

Regards,
Rex
i went with a high vit build so i heal with revenge and inspiring presence

i used to heal with charge as well but now im addicted to sprint - marathon

do everything you can to use 17 yards on rend

upgrade movement speed before u upgrade damage....killin elites 4 sec faster is useless if u are slow to get there
10/11/2012 06:00 PMPosted by rahl
I loved my rend build but I don't think I met the gear requirements for survival or I was just doing it wrong (act 3 ranged were just destroying me). Unfortunately (or fortunately) I had to switch over to a WW build that for the moment has upped my survive-ability considerably. I miss watching elites and bosses melt in less than 10 seconds but I may switch back once I can pass the gear check or figure out what the heck I was doing wrong.

Wizz, you have the lot except more life (at least 40k), so you should be coasting in A3 with Rend.

For ranged, mobility is useful - I personally use Leap. Leap into them, and rend. It takes some practice, but you will get the hang of it. Don't give up on the build.

I tried using leap and was still getting blasted. Need another 10k or so hp then I should hit the 40k min and will try it again then.
I have been using this build to much success thank you OP. I use excatly the same build also I do noticed when I start my farming in act 3 I take a few hits that could kill me but once my fury is going and rend is ticking I am unstoppable I use wotb for when mobs are going to freeze/jail me and everything works out just fine.

P.S ignore pain w/ ignorance is bliss, is a god send for those close calls.
I use the Cleave/rend build and believe me it is amazing trow berserk and frenzy in it and u wont go down with mazing dmg :)

My friend had a bad time with is barb for a long time he reroll a DH.. then i made him switch too that build and he cant stop playing it

Enjoy the cleave :)
Aw... will you look at that?
Ive been playing my build since day 1 and still enjoy it the most . Ive tried OPKS etc etc but still come back to this
I've also been experimenting with cleave builds and have found myself on average pleased with the results. I think I may try out cleave/rend as a combo and see how it goes.