Fix the UI! $220 weapon accidentally sold

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 12 Next
I think, no matter the levels of security implemented, that in some way, you'll eventually mess up. No system is sufficiently secure that some rogue decisions, factions, software/hardware, nor etc cannot overcome.

That said, I suppose some like you would need some sort of gear locking where you specifically tag items as your current gear set, and thus by tagging them. They cannot be put into your inventory or stash, sold off your currently equipped items, dropped on the ground, traded in person or used in the auction house. The only way they can be tagged or untagged is by inserting a code each time.

Put in a ticket, but do not insult the GUI.

With my above system, I would prefer an option in the settings to turn it off since I would never need a Fort Knox style security system.
To avoid this happening i just id all items first without looking at them then once that's done then i look at them wile selling them problem solved. No need to change the UI its fine.
I imagine if Cain were still around, he could just identify things all at once and negate this particular risk.
Ya but we wouldn't have had the epic death of Cain by butterfly's and sparkles! lol sooo pissed about that.
08/31/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Fearddis
Or you could, you know, be about 3 seconds more patient. Everytime I've accidentally vended something I manage to notice, you can buy it back immediately. This shouldn't be a huge problem.

with 20 rare items in your inventory? Think about the biger picture here. The system they have is completely stupid compared to how it was in D2 where you could IDENTIFY everything at ONCE with Cain.

Why was that changed? WHY? I dont see the reason for it. Because they want people to feel "omg hopefully this item is awesome!". 99% of it is crap, who cares? I want to get in and out from the vendor FAST not spend half of my time to identify the 15 or 20 items in my inventory. How some system like that left the test phase in a ACTION RPG that has a high focus on loot, killing and gold farming is beyond me ... so many actions in this game require time. From making items, upgrading gems and identifying your items. Take that all together and you know what I am talking about.
I don't know how people can mistake a simple misclick for stupidity. You're the moron if you think OP's stupid because he accidentally clicked an item twice and didn't catch it in the 30 seconds of vendoring before he logged. This happens frequently to a lot of people in the game, and OP's ideas are quite reasonable. He isn't being irrational and crying, demanding he gets his item back and blaming his mistake on Blizzard, he's simply arguing that improvements should be made to make vendoring your hard-earned equipment harder to do. If any of you bashing OP actually go through the time to analyze every item prior to vendoring I can see why you're so broke in the game. People often argue this game is all about farming efficiency, and personally I get the IDing and vendoring process over as fast as I can, so to expect us to take our time with the worthless, tedious task of vendoring is ridiculous. I right-click every item in my inventory instantly, hear CHINGCHINGCHING and run back to my portal. There's no reason I should have more than five minutes of downtime clearing inventory, and that seems to be what you all expect. It would definitely add up.
just ask them to roll back your charecter
Darwinism, working as intended.
system is fine, deal with your own carelessness.
09/01/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Silvanos
To avoid this happening i just id all items first without looking at them then once that's done then i look at them wile selling them problem solved. No need to change the UI its fine.

That's exactly what I do to. I may collect a whole stash of rares and sweep through on identifying. While one identifies, I move my mouse to the next "?".
...you paid 220 dollars for one item for one class?

first off: LOLOLOL!

...i think that's all really. oh no there's more.

YOU LEFT IT IN YOUR INVENTORY DURING A GRIND SESSION?!

...lolololol

if it wasnt obvious, i have no sympathy for people using any pay2win service.
Wow, $220 down the drain. :(
Can't you just buy back the weapon?
There is Nothing in this game worth $220.00. Anyone who pays that much for a pixel item needs to see a financial adviser. Because it does not make dollars and cents to spend that kind of money. I have used the RMAH but the most i have ever paid is about $6.00 for an item. True my gear is not the best. About all i can do is farm act 1.But you see, My gear should be good enough to at least do act 3 inferno. At this point with the current quality of drops, The game is simply too expensive to play. And i would be willing to bet that a lot of players have already spent more on D3 than what a year sub to wow would cost. And that's just plain wrong.
09/01/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Kookymunster
About all i can do is farm act 1.But you see, My gear should be good enough to at least do act 3 inferno

you have 400 resist all.... check and mate
Sorry if it was already posted but can I see the 220 gem? What was the dps and stats?

Sucks OP. Sorry about your loss. Hope customer support can help you out.
You bought an axe for $220? Silly you, I wouldn't even want to brag about selling it to a vendor. You also don't want a rollback from Blizzard because that'll put limits on your account.