Hyper WW Barb - 1.0.5 Build & Beginner Guide

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
A twist is when you use a zero weapon throw primary - at that high damage, runners will melt. You could also lazy farm by just holding down primary.

There is no point in spending hundreds of millions to buy 'farming' gear. If you have hundreds of millions, buy best in slot items - not interim gear that will marginally increase your farming speed by a few minutes.

On a lighter note: rings - average damage has a higher priority than strength.
Tornadoes do use the speed of the last weapon swung, questioning that only makes you look silly.
Why do you think everyone wants a dagger offhand?

And while I support somebody making a WW barb guide this does not have any twist, it is a standard gearing guide for a standard double tornado build.

Pretty much, It's just a gearing guide for high end barbs, but if anyone that has 400m needs a guide on how to gear then there is something wrong.

I also question why GoldenAxe didn't suggest Andariel's Visage as a helm. When they are rolled well they have much higher strength than any other helm, they can roll attack speed, crit chance and a socket, and the poison nova damage they deal procs quite often if you get a well rolled one (30-40%).

You may use any piece you wish to get your numbers. I liked the IK helm cause of the stat bonus with the belt. However, you are in no way limited in how you get the numbers. Its part of the fun! Yes, visages are very good!
A twist is when you use a zero weapon throw primary - at that high damage, runners will melt. You could also lazy farm by just holding down primary.

There is no point in spending hundreds of millions to buy 'farming' gear. If you have hundreds of millions, buy best in slot items - not interim gear that will marginally increase your farming speed by a few minutes.

If what you are looking for is average damage.
09/01/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Amaterasu

How is that average damage working out for you with your whopping 26k dps.
09/01/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Nocternus

How is that average damage working out for you with your whopping 26k dps.

It works out great, considering the amount of elites that has fallen to it. I'm kidding, check the female barb.
good post, i never have times to write these paragraphs to explain how ww barb works.
good job there, to explain how ww works , somehow if u hit a certain point u don't need loh anymore, u will just need life steal, not much 3% is more than enough when u hit the dps requirement, or damage outputs.
good post, i never have times to write these paragraphs to explain how ww barb works.
good job there, to explain how ww works , somehow if u hit a certain point u don't need loh anymore, u will just need life steal, not much 3% is more than enough when u hit the dps requirement, or damage outputs.

Thats right - I have been dropping my LOH lately, I may go for an ammy with less of it for some higher damage!
Can you please upload a youtube video or twitch recorded video of how that build work out pls. People would love to see it in action before invest in your kind of build. Thx
good info...
So.... A summary of oyur post:

once you have godly item for the typical WW barb build.add some movement speed to run faster, and mix in some attack speed to increase damage instead of more crit?

Oh, at insane DPS, you can drop life on hit for lifesteal.

Huge twist indeed...
So.... A summary of oyur post:

once you have godly item for the typical WW barb build.add some movement speed to run faster, and mix in some attack speed to increase damage instead of more crit?

Oh, at insane DPS, you can drop life on hit for lifesteal.

Huge twist indeed...

Correct! You are quite the genius. Now if you were to read the first paragraph it was meant to weed out... oh wait... YOU
09/01/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Moonshyne
Not to be rude but this is the standard WW build lol. There's nothing new in this entire post.

You are not being rude. Just not able to process the info. Re-read paragraph 1, then facepalm yourself.
So you're saying getting my attack speed and movement speed up is a good thing? Never thought of THAT.

And NOT using vanguard. :/
What a bunch of whiners in this thread. OP created a well-thought out post and here we have people flaming him for expensive gear.

On another note - I personally find that extremely high DPS is actually slower for farming. As pointed out, you can't keep WoTB when 1 WW kills all thrash mobs in sight. I farm faster with 50k DPS than 80k.

A full A3 run takes me 40 mins and I use a 2H. Literally have ZERO extra crit damage.
The reason people are flaming is the title implies a new twist to double tornado and anyone who has the gold for high end gear shouldn't need a gearing guide. People don't really need to be told stacking move speed will make you farm faster. At least, they shouldn't.

That said, I'm glad we have a thread with reasonable defensive stats for new barbs to aim for, maybe some will look before making new threads about it.
what is the twist? attack speed? movement speed? aren't those desired stats for ww anyway? all i see is a BiS gearing guide /confused
What a bunch of whiners in this thread. OP created a well-thought out post and here we have people flaming him for expensive gear.

On another note - I personally find that extremely high DPS is actually slower for farming. As pointed out, you can't keep WoTB when 1 WW kills all thrash mobs in sight. I farm faster with 50k DPS than 80k.

A full A3 run takes me 40 mins and I use a 2H. Literally have ZERO extra crit damage.

Thank you. I knew it would attract haters, but those who know the barb well understand. Thanx again!
The reason people are flaming is the title implies a new twist to double tornado and anyone who has the gold for high end gear shouldn't need a gearing guide. People don't really need to be told stacking move speed will make you farm faster. At least, they shouldn't.

That said, I'm glad we have a thread with reasonable defensive stats for new barbs to aim for, maybe some will look before making new threads about it.

You assume a lot of people. As well, it is well stated that if you dont know barbs that well, the info can be useful. Just because someone bought a billion gold, does not mean they know how to make a good barb. They will if they read this. Over all, thnx for your thoughtful reply!
09/01/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Tekniques
what is the twist? attack speed? movement speed? aren't those desired stats for ww anyway? all i see is a BiS gearing guide /confused

No. Desired stats for WW did not normally include AS over other things. I did for this build. You have to sacrifice unless you want to spend 2000$.