EremiteAngel's Legendary drop log - post 1.04

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
dude... this method of writing... just kinda... drags the sentence... you know.... ?
Updated 10th October 2012
1 legendary plan dropped only last week TT

Glad my new week got off to a winning start!

Cloud of Bats is really terrible against range. But with the new changes to crowd control duration in the new patch, maybe with a freezing item on and getting a good freeze duration...the skill can be more effective against range after you freeze them to the spot...

No problems with melee though...only those with knockbacks...like tremors...
4th ivory tower and 56,58 legendary.. Today

Some luck for IK glove 195 str
Man, Eremite, I really wish I had your luck. I got my first level 60 legendary at para12 (when I first started public games), which was an ok andy's visage which I can't even unload for 1m. It took another 4 levels before I got another, which was a horrible vigilance.

I really don't understand how one can upgrade without buying gold because with no drop luck, I can't sell to get better gear. Sigh.
Oh my god.. I was reading your log and another WD's, and looks like you guys got a lot of drop in that big field with Ice Cave.

I got 4 Legendary from Friday to Sunday!!!!!! This is like the best record for me EVER.

2 on the Field (one of them is from that big fat dude when you trigger the trap. I got Flying Dragon legendary)

2 inside the Ice Cave. One of them is my true upgrade Tal Rasha armor.

Maybe this is just pure coincidence but I am going to stick with the route: clear Keep 1, 2, 3, teleport to Field, clear and Ice Cave and lead to Siege. I got one Legendary (Strongarm legendary) from one of the side doors on the bridge.

That's 5 legendary over the weekend. @_@ Only one good one though...
@Jibikao I actually got 2 strongarms in that area too.. Coincidence??
10/08/2012 02:25 PMPosted by juhosevic
@Jibikao I actually got 2 strongarms in that area too.. Coincidence??

That Field and Bridge have so many monsters for exp too and there is no Phasebeast... T_T My most hated enemy in this game. They always teleport past my pets to get me. I am happy just to farm that area and get drops... lol

You wait, I won't get any legendary for the next week or two... and I'll hate that area.

You know, I always wonder if certain monsters drop certain items more frequently. Let see.. Spearmen should drop Spear weapons more? That makes logical sense. Strongarm is dropped more from that monster that Enrages and punches hard.. That fits "Strongarm" item. lol Or Tremor fits Strongarm too. Those two monsters are in that Field.

But the way this weekend has been, it's hard to believe it is "totally random". I can go 1-2 weeks without getting any legendary. T_T
All I can say is...paragon level seems to affect a lot...
My drops started after paragon level 13...
And has not stopped...
Although if you check my valuation...
Most of them are bad rolls...

But...
just enjoy the game...
have fun...
drops or no drops...
just smile and enjoy the game =)

lol hit lvl13 paragon last night then..bam!!!!.... my first green set drop.....maybe you are onto something
Oh my god.. I was reading your log and another WD's, and looks like you guys got a lot of drop in that big field with Ice Cave.

I got 4 Legendary from Friday to Sunday!!!!!! This is like the best record for me EVER.

2 on the Field (one of them is from that big fat dude when you trigger the trap. I got Flying Dragon legendary)

2 inside the Ice Cave. One of them is my true upgrade Tal Rasha armor.

Maybe this is just pure coincidence but I am going to stick with the route: clear Keep 1, 2, 3, teleport to Field, clear and Ice Cave and lead to Siege. I got one Legendary (Strongarm legendary) from one of the side doors on the bridge.

That's 5 legendary over the weekend. @_@ Only one good one though...

Grats Jibi - nice to see your luck turn around. How long does it take for you to do your run? Do you run through the whole map in the keeps doing all the rooms? I'll the Fields to my route also, but man do I hate those Pestilence guys. And which q do you start with, Ghom?

lol hit lvl13 paragon last night then..bam!!!!.... my first green set drop.....maybe you are onto something

Haha, I hate you. lol, I was hoping it would be the same for me after my para12 drop!

Grats Jibi - nice to see your luck turn around. How long does it take for you to do your run? Do you run through the whole map in the keeps doing all the rooms? I'll the Fields to my route also, but man do I hate those Pestilence guys. And which q do you start with, Ghom?

I am like the poorest paragon 33 you'll find. lol One decent set item in 4 months.

Anyway, it takes me about 50-60mins to clear all Keep, teleport to Field, clear all, Ice Cave, clear all and Bridge (clear most and enter side door) and then Siege. The two "opened" side doors always have one elite group. The "closed" door has a vendor which I skip. I still remember I got a +63 All Resist Andariel's Visage in one of the doors on Saturday. I am surprised how little Andariel's worth.. T_T

I start with Siege quest. Now that you remind me, I should start with Ghom so I can kill him too. lol

I used to die a lot against Pestilence. The thing is if you stand too far, they'll use that "poison dot". If you stand closer, they normally don't use it. I just try to kill them as soon as I see them. If I see them, I SW to them right away and start hitting them. If the monster crowd is too big, my WoS has long range so I try to kill them a bit off the screen so their "tentacle" can't extend to me. Soul passes through anything so I can pick and choose who I want to kill first.

If you want to do the Ice Cave, I have one very good tip for you. Buy Windforce for your archer follower!!!!! That is absolute must IMO for that Ice Cave because it has those "charging beasts" that can kill me in ONE charge and all my Dogs in one hit. Knock back actually interrupts their "charging". It has saved me so many times. I am totally sold on archer follower. It's funny I use tank follower for like 30 paragon levels thinking that I can buy him +mf on shield and ammys and I didn't get sh!t!!!
Sorry, an off-topic question

Do you guys feel the price of set items are cheaper now because some people are not buying until 1.05 comes out?

I am seriously thinking about buying gold soon and I want to push my stats to at least 70K dps, 50K health and 400 AR.
its worth buying now, because people want to sell cheap thinking gear will become cheaper after patch. the reality is that gear will remain the same price, if not increase, for a period after the patch. with the influx of people coming back to the game and needing to regear the gear on the action house will be depleted when the patch hits. and if you can get gear at a discount now you can always sell it the first week of the patch for a marginal gain. I just bought my pox last week with complete intentions of selling it for at least 50mil more once the patch hits and getting a better one a week later.

furthermore gold prices are very cheap now and will go back up once the patch hits.
its worth buying now, because people want to sell cheap thinking gear will become cheaper after patch. the reality is that gear will remain the same price, if not increase, for a period after the patch. with the influx of people coming back to the game and needing to regear the gear on the action house will be depleted when the patch hits. and if you can get gear at a discount now you can always sell it the first week of the patch for a marginal gain. I just bought my pox last week with complete intentions of selling it for at least 50mil more once the patch hits and getting a better one a week later.

furthermore gold prices are very cheap now and will go back up once the patch hits.

Ok, I am buying it tonight. Thanks matt. I am tired of being poor and I do have money in real life. lol At the rate the game is dropping for me, I'll need to wait 2 years to get to your level... T_T

The first upgrade I am going to get is a Blackthorn pants. That pants seem so good!!! It has like everything I want and the pants won't interfere with Zuni set.
:) i approve im loving mine and havent looked back since the swap
yeah, but try to get ones with sockets -- mega freaking bux
you dont need the sockets as long as you can get the equivalent primary in the actual pants.
Don't know why I am posting here (not my Log) but I can't believe I got a Tal Rasha set again last night. It was in Keep 1 and I didn't even have full NV. It was from a minion for sure.

I got 3 set items in the past 4 months. Two of them are from Keep level 1 (blackthorn boots and tal rasha helmet). And one from the Ice Cave.

It's funny 'cause I was going to say that I haven't got anything good in Keep for a while and last night proved me wrong... T_T This is way too random.
Updated 11 October 2012