Patch notes Error/missing info

General Discussion
There is something missing in the storm armor part:

Ability has been redesigned to periodically deal 100% weapon damage as Lightning to nearby enemies
Skill Rune – Strike Back has been renamed "Thunder Storm"
All other runes remain unchanged

strike back does 91% weap dmg, so if the skill is moved to 100%, there is something missing about Strike Back. And this explains why the "All other runes" is not in a new line, but in a small line like if it was part of Strike Back
up
yea, hopefully they'll fix it
up
is it me or is there no mention of monster damage nerf?
09/20/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Lilith
is it me or is there no mention of monster damage nerf?

It is in the Dev blog about Def nerf I think. It was linked in the patch notes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Developer_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012
No no.

The new base effect of storm armor is changed to randomly strike monsters near you with a 100% bolt at certain time intervals. Like Storm call in Skyrim.

The strike back remains as it is, dealing 91% damage to whoever attacks you.
No no.

The new base effect of storm armor is changed to randomly strike monsters near you with a 100% bolt at certain time intervals. Like Storm call in Skyrim.

no..
"Strike back says: increase the damage of the shock to 91% weapong damage as Lighting"
strike back increase the effect of storm armor, see?
If they are modifying the effect of Storm Armor, the rune that increased the previous storm armor effect should get a change dont you think????????

Also the line "All other runes remain unchanged" is wrong placed, it should be separate from strike back, right there it seems the explanation of the Strike Back change( see reactive armor to understand what i say).
That line should be under, and that makes me assume there is missing info of Strike back
No no.

no..
"Strike back says: increase the damage of the shock to 91% weapong damage as Lighting"
strike back increase the effect of storm armor, see?
If they are modifying the effect of Storm Armor, the rune that increased the previous storm armor effect should get a change dont you think????????

Also the line "All other runes remain unchanged" is wrong placed, it should be separate from strike back, right there it seems the explanation of the Strike Back change( see reactive armor to understand what i say).
That line should be under, and that makes me assume there is missing info of Strike back

Ok you may be right about the missing values of the new thunder storm rune. Considering it was 70% --> 91%. We should be looking at 100% --> 130% here. Or if they are just a bit creative, makes it trigger faster instead.
[
Ok you may be right about the missing values of the new thunder storm rune. Considering it was 70% --> 91%. We should be looking at 100% --> 130% here. Or if they are just a bit creative, makes it trigger faster instead.

Right sir but you may never know, maybe they improved it to make the rune more viable in other builds.
So im giving an up so we can get confirmation about the missinf info.
Here's the full note, minus any cut-offs (the patch notes post has already been updated):

Storm Armor
  • Ability has been redesigned to periodically deal 100% weapon damage as Lightning to nearby enemies
  • Skill Rune – Reactive Armor
    • Redesigned to deal 70% weapon damage as Lightning to ranged and melee attackers

• Skill Rune – Strike Back has been renamed "Thunder Storm"
    • Thunder Storm increases periodic weapon damage to 130%
  • (All other runes remain unchanged)

You guys get a +1 to Sleuthiness. :)
Lylirra could you enlighten the barb community about the proc coefficients on the sprint changes and if they affect LOH?
09/21/2012 09:51 AMPosted by itstylerj
Lylirra could you enlighten the barb community about the proc coefficients on the sprint changes and if they affect LOH?

Proc coefficients directly affect life on hit, and all other proc based abilities.
Proc coefficients are what proc's the LoH... so Yes... the LOH will be lower for the proc change on sprint nados. All my barb friends get most of the LOH from the WW though so I don't see much change there...
Lylirra how come it was stated that ww barb wouldn't get touched and you guys lied and nerfed him anyway?
Posted by Lylirra:
Here's the full note, minus any cut-offs (the patch notes post has already been updated):

Can you tell us if PTR is going live today?
09/21/2012 09:55 AMPosted by treemayne
Lylirra how come it was stated that ww barb wouldn't get touched and you guys lied and nerfed him anyway?

They said that last patch, not for this one
so all this nerfing, and all these new features, but u cant extend the creation slots still? or give us a seperate category for hardcore characters? its simple. u just killed my barb, can i please go make a hardcore dh soon without killing off my softcore characters please, blizz?