Anyone tried running D3 on Intel HD 4000?

General Discussion
Posted by Foxx
Dude dual core 1.7 + 1.7 = 3.4GHz

Just no.

Dual core 3.4 means two cores at 3.4... I dont even know why I responded to that..

Staying on topic.. The Intel HD4000 shares memory with your systems base memory. Meaning you have 4GB DDR3.. the Video will use 256MB, I have seen them use a mere 64MB.. Couple of things..

1) See if you can change the amount of shared video memory in the BIOS.
2) check your memory bus speed most laptops of that level only come with 1066 try upgrading to 1333 or 1600 if you can.
3) Try running in "windowed" reduce the refresh rate to 59Hz, and turn off AA.
It runs fine on my 2011 mac mini quad core with HD 3000 with some reduced settings, I run it under windows.
02/08/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Mac
It runs fine on my 2011 mac mini quad core with HD 3000 with some reduced settings, I run it under windows.

Mac is a completly different monster, and cant be compaired.. OSX and Windows do not allocate memory the same way, nor do they render graphic the same way.. An older Mac (2007-08) Core 2 Duo, can and does torch the newer systems, (IE Acers)

Macs out of the box have no bottle neck.. PCs on the other hand do between the Memory and CPU. Unless you buy a Asus G74sx or better at witch point your spending Mac money.