Monster Force Clarification

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
09/27/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Lylirra
this seems like a bad idea for public games... so if I'm on MP1 and I queue for a public game I can randomly be stuck in a MP10 game?

It doesn't work for Public Games. If Monster Power is on, you cannot make your game public. Similarly, when making a public game, Monster Power is disabled.

As you've noted, there are a few issues with allowing MP in Public Games:
  • In general, harder content tends to be less enjoyable with random strangers.*
  • It would make matchmaking more difficult by increasing the number of matchmaking pools (one new pool for each MP level). In turn, that could increase wait times.
  • Issues associated with "leeching" or similar behavior could be exacerbated, especially if under-geared players chose extremely high Monster Power levels for the games they wanted to be matched into.

Although we love and support co-op, since Monster Power is a new system, we didn't want to open it up to Public Games just yet. We're definitely open to revisiting that idea down the road, though.

*Your mileage may vary.

Who the hell makes these decisions? That has to be the dumbest thing ever implemented into D3 (and there has been a load of dumb things implemented).

NEWS FLASH - People enjoy playing with other people and not everyone has loads of friends on their friends list. Well, not anymore because this game turned out to be a huge turd and everyone quit.
Blizzard you're a freaking joke. You've just created this entire new system that shows promise and then you cut it short from the ankles down by prohibiting it in public games. You people are astonishingly inept. It seems your goal is consistently trying to get your players to ragequit. Im the type of player that sticks to a few games for a longtime, I like longevity in my gameplay. And so I will stick with the game through thick and thing but you airheads are pushing it... Im quitting this game until you people at the very least fix Monster Power and make it an option for public games.
10/17/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Zappanatic
Blizzard you're a freaking joke. You've just created this entire new system that shows promise and then you cut it short from the ankles down by prohibiting it in public games. You people are astonishingly inept. It seems your goal is consistently trying to get your players to ragequit. Im the type of player that sticks to a few games for a longtime, I like longevity in my gameplay. And so I will stick with the game through thick and thing but you airheads are pushing it... Im quitting this game until you people at the very least fix Monster Power and make it an option for public games.

Totally agree. I used to only play pub games and now its a 0-reward proposition. This patch is for the rich, the causals and poor are s*it out of luck. If you had billions worth of gear now you have access to billions more, for the rest of us, its the same old "get nothing and feel like youre wasting time because you dont have all the bonuses that the privileged do". By priviliged I mean those willing to pay-to-play or spend 8 hours a day farming.

Totally disapointed with this aspect of the patch. Everything else seems kidna cool but I cant enjoy it cause I can only play ALONE.

IMO unless you have an OP character, you almost need to play co-op to progress in the higher MP levels. Im sure there's very few players who farm alone in MP5 +. This game was designed as a party game. Thats what I looked at pub games for, to blend skills with other players and make it easier for all of us. Now im stuck solo-dolo and getting rather butt-hurt :D. Took the fun outta the game, now its more of a social competition..

- In general, harder content tends to be less enjoyable with random strangers.*
- It would make matchmaking more difficult by increasing the number of matchmaking pools (one new pool for each MP level). In turn, that could increase wait times.
- Issues associated with "leeching" or similar behavior could be exacerbated, especially if under-geared players chose extremely high Monster Power levels for the games they wanted to be matched into.

This is what Blizzard is worried about?!?! Players "leeching" or matchmaking difficulties. I cant believe it, what a disaster. What about worrying about bots and cheats and hackers? What about balancing issues and other way more pressing issues brought up by the community that your company survives everyday!! I mean cmon!

And we have a kick option for players who might be leeching or out of their league or wtv your concerns are... Dont implement massive restrictions hoping to fix an issue that almost doesnt even need fixing!

The solution could be as easy as implementing a level restriction for players who wish to join public games. For example, only players para level 10 to 19 can join MP1 pub games, only players para level 20 to 29 can join MP2 games, etc etc....
Pretty pathetic not to have a "Public game" option for MP levels,kind of like opening a new club and forgetting to put in a front door..This was supposed to be a multiplayer game,wasn't it?
It doesn't work for Public Games. If Monster Power is on, you cannot make your game public. Similarly, when making a public game, Monster Power is disabled.

As you've noted, there are a few issues with allowing MP in Public Games:

In general, harder content tends to be less enjoyable with random strangers.*
It would make matchmaking more difficult by increasing the number of matchmaking pools (one new pool for each MP level). In turn, that could increase wait times.
Issues associated with "leeching" or similar behavior could be exacerbated, especially if under-geared players chose extremely high Monster Power levels for the games they wanted to be matched into.

Although we love and support co-op, since Monster Power is a new system, we didn't want to open it up to Public Games just yet. We're definitely open to revisiting that idea down the road, though.

*Your mileage may vary.

THIS IS RESTRICTING MILLIONS TO APPEASE THE FEW ELITES. I hope someone understands this but I feel like I might as well be telling it to my fish....
I logged in last night...
Brought up public games and found 0 in every quest... hardcore and softcore...
Then I realized oh right, people are probably testing MP (those like me who didn't bother with PTR)

Then I read this and realize that public games are now pointless...

Thanks...

side note... I enjoyed solo games last night with various MP boosts... but unfortunately this will only hold me so long.