Buff Icons.... needs to be more than 5

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
10/01/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

Thnx 4 info !
10/10/2012 04:05 AMPosted by Drake
We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

Can I just say, this entire quote sums up for me something that I think is currently a problem for Blizzard.

You over-think things. You have become a company that panders too much to every little concern. You seem indecisive, and it's no wonder why it takes you so long to accomplish even the smallest of patches. One imagines endless meetings where every possible outcome and concern is being listened to and catered to.

It's like political correctness gone awry. Not so much about politics and such but the same mentality. Over-thinking everything. Endless committees and meetings and worrying about the tiniest of details.. pretty much freezing you in constant indecision and inability to make solid, bold moves of any kind.

Nothing is bold about Blizzard anymore. Not for a long time. It's all just playing it safe and appealing to the largest group of people and lowest common denominator. It's just always playing it safe and taking no chances.

win right here. all buff icons should have been in place since the start of launch among other things. i mean, srslly... srslllly......... really??? clutter? we don't give a shat about having icons on the bottom. why do you?
Would it be possible to maybe take self buffs off the top row and make the skill icon glow or something, whilst still displaying the cooldown timer underneath it though the opaque glow?
Then have the buffs applied form other players on the row above stack out to 5. That should be plenty shouldn't it?
You talk about UI clutter... have you ever played this game called WoW?

This has been an issue since 1.0.0 and it would be really nice if you could just get this quality of life change done soon. I know you're all busy with the console release, but this would be a problem on there too. To increase it to 10 would be really nice, or even change where the NV and shrine buff's some where else.

Honestly, this shouldn't come at the cost of gameplay. it's pretty broken and silly of you guys to hide more then 5 buffs active at a time. Make the icons smaller and let them stack across the bottom. It's not cluttering the UI. it's presenting information players NEED to see.

UI clutter free at the expense of game play is a poor decision.
10/10/2012 04:05 AMPosted by Drake

Can I just say, this entire quote sums up for me something that I think is currently a problem for Blizzard.

You over-think things. You have become a company that panders too much to every little concern. You seem indecisive, and it's no wonder why it takes you so long to accomplish even the smallest of patches. One imagines endless meetings where every possible outcome and concern is being listened to and catered to.

It's like political correctness gone awry. Not so much about politics and such but the same mentality. Over-thinking everything. Endless committees and meetings and worrying about the tiniest of details.. pretty much freezing you in constant indecision and inability to make solid, bold moves of any kind.

Nothing is bold about Blizzard anymore. Not for a long time. It's all just playing it safe and appealing to the largest group of people and lowest common denominator. It's just always playing it safe and taking no chances.

You have said what I've been thinking of Blizzards development cycle and turn arounds very, very well.

Well played sir.
http://kotaku.com/5940672/pissed-off-employees-bash-pretty-much-every-major-video-game-company

Cons – - Really bad management overall.

- Poor communication within and across departments and teams.

- People there do not understand what professionalism is. From HR to most of management. Most of them are not on top of and do not resolve issues (production or management issues). They have tons of meetings to talk about it and only to come out of those meetings to do nothing.

- Extremely inefficient. Waste a lot of time and effort to do very little.

- Poor pipeline and workflow. Designed by people who do not have the knowledge or experience, but yet has a huge ego.

- Poor planning and executions. This is from art / art direction to actual product development and production.

- Methods used to track and measure performance is a failure. Performance reviews are pretty useless and there are nothing like a 360 review. Overall, there is a huge lack of accountability throughout the company.
need more then 8!!!!
I have the same exact problem! I have (for example the 4 inna's mantra) icons that are "always" there and therefore do not give me any important information. However they are blocking the really important icons from showing.

• Solution1:
    Show the new buff-icons first (on the left side of the buff-icon list) and move the older ones right. This way I can see the shorter, important buffs.
  • Solution2:
    Increase the number of buff-icons. Seriously. I rather have the clutter and know what is happening than the current situation.
  • Solution3:
    Enable a setting for showing X buff-icons (X=0-10?), enable a setting for putting newest buffs first or last.
  • Solution4:
    Use all above mentioned solutions!
  • BR,
    Jussi
    03/08/2014 11:57 PMPosted by dajspokoj
    need more then 8!!!!
    Holy necro batman!
    10/01/2012 12:13 PMPosted by kalisti
    You could save some space (and annoyance) by making 100% uptime buffs (such as Wizard armors, Barbarian shouts, Monk mantras, etc.) passively always-on, eliminating the need for a buff icon.

Move always-on buffs to top of screen. There's really nothing up there...

2 years and 3 months later and we still have the same problem.
    01/22/2015 07:47 AMPosted by Halcyon
    10/01/2012 12:13 PMPosted by kalisti
    You could save some space (and annoyance) by making 100% uptime buffs (such as Wizard armors, Barbarian shouts, Monk mantras, etc.) passively always-on, eliminating the need for a buff icon.

Move always-on buffs to top of screen. There's really nothing up there...

+1

It's ridiculous that permanent buffs are shown in priority to temporary ones who are a million time more important to know about.
    "Oh I still have my 4 passive mantras as a Monk? good to know I didn't unequip a piece of gear!" Much useful. Very info. Wow.
    HOLY NECROMANCER

Can we get color oriented damage to determine whats doing what as well.

A nice detailed dps meter would be boss too. I'd like to see the damage per second from my gear/skills/skills over clearing of map type deals.

Seeing how much damage my burns are actually doing makes it much easier to determine what I'm missing and what isn't working as well.
    01/22/2015 09:08 AMPosted by nuku
    HOLY NECROMANCER

You know...this is probably one of the only thread necros I don't mind. In 2012 they said it was being addressed. In 2015, my inna's 4 piece still takes up 4 of my 5 buff slots.
    We agree that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re currently looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum.

How about starting by shrinking the size of the toolbar at the bottom? There have been several QOL threads that offer plenty of suggestions for improving the UI. I really don't want to add more stuff until the current clutter is cleaned up.

Give us the ability to resize or minimize the current UI elements. For example the health and mana globes are ridiculously oversized. I appreciate the throwback to D2, but they are not necessary. Small nonintrusive bars would work just fine. Feel free to look at the plethora of MMOs and other games for ways to keep the UI from tripping up the players.
    buff icons at least shoud be reprioritized: I already know that I have 4 mantras active but I need to see when taeguk, gogok or kekegi is active. I think that buffs with stacks shoud be shown first or maybe they should be shown on different row.

Or maybe they should have some clearly distinguished visual effect on character with some "pulsing" when stack goes to end.
    Give us the option to see all if we want them.