300+%MF with No Legendaries for over 2 weeks

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Same here, had 300% MF and not get a single legendary drop for approximately 20-30 runs. So someone tells me to take away the MF and see how it works... but only tried 2-3 runs, still no luck.

But yet, I found an evidence of the following with or without MF:-

With my paragon level and NV and everything combined on my newest suit, less than 200 MF

With my paragon level and NV and everything combined on my old suit, more than 320 MF

With 320 MF, the chance to get YELLOWs are much better

With less than 200 MF, the chance to get YELLOWs from elites or normal mobs are much less

The affixes on 320 MF and 200 MF seems do not have a significant differences

Higher magic find seems have not improvement in legendary findings.

The route I am taking is similar to the OP here in public game where most of the time there would some uber wiz or dh faceroll mobs and all I have to do is run like the wind and pick up the loots.... but again no luck on legendaries for a long while..

I heard some people get a leg average every 2 runs and some in 4 runs average... would be so happy to have their real life luck ..........
10/08/2012 05:40 AMPosted by GoejoHusan

ugh

LOL

I was REALLY hoping that, if I killed the monsters, the software could manage this for me.

This worked for me.

Already talked about it here. I have about 200h of gameplay with my Desktop, no legendary. About 100h with my notebook, 10 legendary, 1 every 2 act3 runs.

Yesterday I tried the PTR with my notebook, 3 legendary in less than 2 hours.

You may laugh, or you can try, it's up to you.

Already talked about it where?? Have a link please?? Thx
i switch back and forth between diablo 3 and LoL.

and OP, you can't do ONE new run with more dos and be pissed off you didnt get a legendary...

the drops are random, the game isnt rigged or bugged its just not very likely that a lengendary will drop. if it were common it wouldnt be exciting.
Wise fwom yo gwave!
I think you are just farming the wrong area or bad luck. I do strictly act 3. Set the quest to Azmodan kill, then start with the Breach - I can pick up 1 or 2 in there, then go to Stonefort - usually get another, then finish with the last quest to kill Azmodan. Doesn't even matter what MP you set it on really or your MF as I find them on either. But I mostly run MP7 runs so they are quick with some bonus to the MF. MP0 runs are just as effective and produce the same drops.

The key to it is really is how many adds you are killing...not just doing 1 run and quiting. Once in a while I may be on a 2nd run before I see one, but most often the Breach is where I get my bulk of them, within a few minutes of starting. And MOST of my legendaries are off trash or goblins, not elite packs. So kill everything and rush through.
U AINT DOING IT RIGHT SON
if loot drop system didn't change too much from few months back....

how it worked was, act 1 drops more lower level items, compared to higher numbered acts.

So if you wanted a higher drop rate of ILevel 63, then you should do either act 3 or 4.

However people tend to prefer act 3, especially when farming with mp on because the mobs are way easier compared to those in act 4.

the newer paragorn system increases your MF as you level. Maximum being lv 100 paragorn.

Also playing in a higher MP level also increases your MF. however i recommend doing between mp0-mp4 for speed farming.

You can't expect to farm1-4 sessions and demand legendary .... you need to be consistently clearing out most places in the act of elites/creeps with 5 stacks of neph buffs, with a paragorn of at least 30+, and farm act 3 inferno mp0-4 over and over if you want those legendaries :/

anyway dnice is right in what he said pretty much.

PS: the other day as soon as i created a game mp 0 act 3 inferno, and used the waypoint to areat, i killed an elite with 0 neph buffs, and immediately got a legendary item. Sure after identifiying it, it was crap but still it all depends on the luck factor as well ;x
i switch back and forth between diablo 3 and LoL.

and OP, you can't do ONE new run with more dos and be pissed off you didnt get a legendary...

the drops are random, the game isnt rigged or bugged its just not very likely that a lengendary will drop. if it were common it wouldnt be exciting.

you do realize that this thread is four months old right? we also have a new patch today.
http://i.imgur.com/LoYlTVt.png