Rate the barbarian above V6

Barbarian
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
@Holyroller

1. Blackthorne's Amulet - You are losing a sever chunk of DPS using 2pc JUST for the 100 vit gain. If you itemize your gear a little differently you can gain the lost Vit from the 2pc. (Search for a Rare with @ least 7.5+ Crit Chance, 100+ Strength, 75+ Vitality and 50+ Crit Damage. Guarantee, without the All Res roll, you can find something around 10-15mil.

2. Blackthorne's Chest - Though it is a good roll for Vit/All Res, it's just not as viable as a Rare (unless you utilize Chest/Leg combo) with 150+ Vitality, 50+ Strength, 150+Armor, 50+ All Res, 2 Sockets. Rares are quite cheap now due to 1.04 Legendaries. I believe you could easily find a chest for 15-20mil that is, by far, superior to your current. If you decided to keep Blackthorne's Chest look for a pair of boots. It might be a bit more expensive, but the Amulet you have is just horrid. SOOOOO much loss in all catagories.

3. Legs - Very good Armor Roll and All Res. Focus on searching for 150+ Vitaility, 50+ Strength, 150+ Armor, 50+ All Res, 2 Sockets. Basically you would like to "mirror" your chest/legs to make up for the loss of +100 Vitality on the Blackthorne's 2pc. 10-15mil

4. Ring(s) - Though both of you rings have "double damage" affixes (ie: Attack Speed, Crit Chance, Avg Damage) focus more on Crit Chance and Crit Damage as you are not dual wield so Attack Speed isn't as important. Search these perimeters: 50+ Strength, 30+ All Resists, 10-20 Average Damage, 3.5+ Crit Chance, and 20+ Crit Damage. If you are finding these to be too expensive try dropping All Resists. 5-10mil per ring

5. Spec - Very similar to my build. Since you don't have Life Steal on your belt, I would recommend dropping Nerves of Steel for Bloodthirst. I haven't done actual mathematics to figure the exact % needed for fast, efficient clears, but I like to keep @ least 10% (Not saying this is a requirement). If Life Steal isn't an issue/worry for you try dropping Tough as Nails for Nerves of Steel or Supersition. It's debatable, some people prefer either, or. Without a high cap of Thorns Damage the effectivness of Tough as Nails looses it's flair. As for Revenge, (one of my favorite abilities) I prefer using that as a "tanky" Barb. Try using Leap(Iron Impact). It can be used for 2 things: mobility and an "oh sh!t" button. Gaining close to 25-30k armor for 4 seconds can really save your life if it's needed. Bash is quite good, but I find the Knockback to be somewhat of a nuisance sometimes. I prefer Cleave(Rupture)[if you are NOT Fury starved] and Cleave(Reaping Swing)[if you ARE Fury starved]. The combination of Rendx2-4, Cleave, and Wrath of the Berserker melts Elites.

6. Gems - I cannot stress this enough. (Not to you only of course) Even though replacing/upgrading gems is quite expensive past Flawless; it is the most efficient, guaranteed way to improve dps. Regardless of gear

These are all recommendations, but I feel it will be very beneficial to your build and overall enjoyment. Good Barb. Way to make the most out of not having a large budget! :)

So to go over total "cost" of gear recommendations:
Amulet: >12.5mil (estimation)
Chest: >17.5mil (estimation)
Legs: >12.5mil (estimation)
Ring: >5mil (estimation)
Ring: >5mil (estimation)
-------------------------------------
Total: 52.5mil (a bit over your budget, but easily farmed in a few hours)

If you need anymore help feel free to add me @ fakebook#1397 or jbsimms86 (skype)

Link to my Barb for guidance or comparison...
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fakebook-1397/hero/17733495
@fakebook: i saw skorn...i saw ice climbers...i saw tyrael's might...i saw immortal king and then i realized my barb is nothing :(

10/10 :D
@ demonknight. all i would do is get a better chest and weps with a socket :D
@cait

if you're relying on the final crit of sever for life steal from bloodthirst.. i'd suggest go with an armor passive instead.
@andrei
for me it rly works wonders lol if i get a belt with LS ill change it out.
o and its calt not cait :P thats a L not an I lol
@calt

sry, let me preface by saying i'm new to this. but your gear is pretty sweet; however the rings seem lacking. is it a cardinal sin to recommend replacing the wedding band? or the stark blaze? seems like you can get more, considering the stats of the rest of your set. i'm thinking a lil more CHC.

anyway 7/10 on my completely nonsense scale

p.s. few gems to level up eh?

(myself, broke, but making more than ever... not sure what eq to bump up next )
im a noob i have 2 mil. any help? lol
@sushipizza...hard to say...no profile to view
hi guys, any suggestions on which piece of gear I should upgrade next?
cheers.
@hkf its not with insanity
@Vash

Very interesting build... Works well i assume... 8/10 for originality lol

Me next pls :)

(Im currently using WW build but I have a Skorn and a Witching Hour as well as a Visage that tops me off at around 138kdps if I wanna just do straight DPS)
@Russ, nice gear! Ammy or rare ring could be upgraded imo.

Me PLS!!
@Russ, nice gear! Ammy or rare ring could be upgraded imo.

Me PLS!!

Pretty decent gears 6/10. Could work more on your ammy with crit hit chance and get movement speed in order to grind more efficiently.
@armidaius i dig ur depth diggers

but change ur chest armor with 3 sockets

and ur build looks like a power house build, go in get enough fury smack insanity and earthquake, but why the overpower crushing advance?

7.5/10

@Russ i was using skirmish rune on my ancient spear 2 weeks ago, but as i look at the harpoon rune on the ancient spear, i realised its much spammable especially on mobs given that i have 55% total cc with no scoundrel buff, yes at times i also use it to clear trash mobs in act 3, and act 4 those corrupted angels? no problem harpoon them and spam weapon throw
[quote="67933087696"]@armidaius i dig ur depth diggers

and ur build looks like a power house build, go in get enough fury smack insanity and earthquake, but why the overpower crushing advance?

7.5/10

for the re-heal if i need it. With Ignore pain up, i overpower and fill up about 70% health instantly. Works really well when in a huge elite/mob pack.

Looking for a good ammy and ik chest. Ammy I am hanging out for 1.05 for the value of good cc/cd ammys to drop. And For an IK chest that gives me enough str/vit/ AR to be an upgrade is a lil too expensive for me atm, unless any one wants to help me out and sell one to me cheap :)
[quote="67933087696"]@armidaius i dig ur depth diggers

7.5/10

for the re-heal if i need it. With Ignore pain up, i overpower and fill up about 70% health instantly. Works really well when in a huge elite/mob pack.

Looking for a good ammy and ik chest. Ammy I am hanging out for 1.05 for the value of good cc/cd ammys to drop. And For an IK chest that gives me enough str/vit/ AR to be an upgrade is a lil too expensive for me atm, unless any one wants to help me out and sell one to me cheap :)
@Armidaius

Don't forget movement speed.
@armisous nice barb. 8.2/10. Get the rest of ik pieces so you can do higher mp level in 1.05