Rate the barbarian above V6

Barbarian
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
@Foldz:

Considering that your gear is tuned to high levels of magic find, l would say you have put together a pretty nice build. I like that you have a non-standard set of skills. Would you mind describing what a typical battle looks like for you? Basically, how do you use your skills? When do you use what? How do you respond to varying situations?
10/04/2012 06:33 AMPosted by PhamineZ
pants got 69 ar mate, i actually rolled those myself so i like em heh. boots got 70+ and gloves well, wouldnt imagine there are my around with the stats i want and AR. Any hoots my theory is with AR i either get a pieace with 70+ or none at all. AR doesnt really do much 4 me anymore either, i actually would reduce it if it was justified heh.

Yea i was rating foldz not you
10/04/2012 06:48 AMPosted by TH0R
pants got 69 ar mate, i actually rolled those myself so i like em heh. boots got 70+ and gloves well, wouldnt imagine there are my around with the stats i want and AR. Any hoots my theory is with AR i either get a pieace with 70+ or none at all. AR doesnt really do much 4 me anymore either, i actually would reduce it if it was justified heh.

Yea i was rating foldz not you

@Thor always nice man

Check our my new setup - any thoughts :P
@Nazgul

Finally joined the dominate class and went dual wield. Looks like a pretty solid setup tho i wouldnt see you have any problems up to like MP8 or so.
One thing i would say is your armor looks a little low
@ Naz:

Did you want feedback on your gear, or build? Gear wise, I am fond of that Wedding Band, as there isn't a wasted skill on it. I realize you are just getting started, but I would focus on raising your defenses a bit while also not sacrificing any of your damage. Shoot for 7000+ armor, and 500+ RA. A good way to get a huge bump is raise your vitality, and select the Nerves of Steel passive. I realize that would cut into your life steal, but I feel like you would still have enough from your gear, and having that extra armor would help mitigate much of the life you would need to steal in the first place.
@Foldz:

Considering that your gear is tuned to high levels of magic find, l would say you have put together a pretty nice build. I like that you have a non-standard set of skills. Would you mind describing what a typical battle looks like for you? Basically, how do you use your skills? When do you use what? How do you respond to varying situations?

Trash mobs I usually run in with Bash and when they group around me I hit Overpower, then start sprinting around building rage and when the group is large enough I just unleash a fury of Sesmic Slams into the pack and use overpower whenever it cools down. I use Wrath anytime I see an elite or champ pack and follow the same routine, I can usually keep it up between 40 and 60 seconds
@ Thor:

Couldn't resist the call of the Double Tornado any longer, eh? : ). Pretty solid gear overall, though I feel you could off your life a bit by getting it up to 55k or so. What build were you using before, and what made you decide to make the switch? Also: That is a crazy amount of elites kills! Nice work.
@THOR have you considered replacing your set ring to gain more speed/crit damage or is 6% elite damage an overriding factor?
My barb needs more survivability so any comments on mantras/gear is most welcome.
@ Foldz:

I like it a lot. Very atypical skill set, and that is always fun to see!
@Jen

No the damage reduction is not important at all and both those rings will probably be replaced once we get a couple weeks into the new patch.
As for your build, you actually did a decent job itemizing with what looks like a minimal budget. The main thing that seems to be holding you back is your weapons. I would recommend going dual wield and getting 2 new weapons.

@eddard. i was throwing for awhile but i am mostly always WW. i was referring to nazgul that he finally joined the dual wield band wagon because he was previously using a skorn.
Also my life and ehp goes much higher with a purple gem in the helm but i am always farming and searching for upgrades and my endgame would have about 75-80k HP.
Also very nice build that IK helm is great with that dexterity. I would consider going dual wield tho it offers much more versatility in the long run and you can make minimal changes to switch to different builds
@ Jen:

First thing I would look into, if you are going to stay 1H/shield, is snagging a nice Stormshield with RA, CC, , high Str, and at least 30% block chance. This would do wonders for keeping you alive, as well as adding a nice spike to your overall DPS. Perhaps even before that, look into a Helm of Command. You can get some sweet ones on the cheap with CC, and every single one adds a nice chunk to your block chance. The RA and Lifesteal rings are nice, but you might also looking into adding CC and/or CD to them as well (according to your budget of course). The CC on rings will compensate for the (potential) loss of CC when snagging a Helm of Command.
@ Naz:

Did you want feedback on your gear, or build? Gear wise, I am fond of that Wedding Band, as there isn't a wasted skill on it. I realize you are just getting started, but I would focus on raising your defenses a bit while also not sacrificing any of your damage. Shoot for 7000+ armor, and 500+ RA. A good way to get a huge bump is raise your vitality, and select the Nerves of Steel passive. I realize that would cut into your life steal, but I feel like you would still have enough from your gear, and having that extra armor would help mitigate much of the life you would need to steal in the first place.

From testing Dual Wield 1h vs my 2H skorn

honestly I think Skorn is more fun ...though I don't generate as much rage.

It really comes down to what am I trying to do?

1. If I want to MF and kind of enjoy my time through act3, cutting down monsters with 400-600k crits I will use my Skorn, stopping to pick up rares and magic find the entire time.

2. If I want to farm Paragon experience and just breeze my way through act3 and not stop to pick up rares I will go dual wield as it does generate more rage and keeps me moving.

I would say I can do an alkazier run in 20 mins 1handed dual wield
I would say I can do a route with MF and Skorn in around 30 mins, but I also kill Azmodan/ Spider B1tch, and more or less the entire act, pick up 2x full inventory of rares and have more fun.

I guess I like 2handed better.
@EddardStark

nice Grandfather!! first time i see a non-skorn 2H build TBH, fresh new barb here transfered from a level 70 monk. I like ur IK set, they are all really good and generally a tier above mine, love what your doing there.
@Marinedude

Solid setup though i would get a lacuni with CC or AR asap to ramp up your farm!
@ Marine: Thank you. I like Grandfather for the balance it offers between DPS and survivability. Currently, I am keeping my eyes open for one with 1500+ dps and 150+ CD. I think the IK set is one of best class sets in game, though I can't make myself make the jump to the belt, as I would lose too much health and armor. I really like the Blackthorne belt, as it is consistent with my DPS/Tank philosophy, but I can't find another piece I like enough to pair it with for the Set bonus (plus the chest piece looks terrible on a Barb). You obviously know what you are doing, so I won't provide any feedback. I do have a couple questions: Do you still play your monk, and would you be interested in grouping with my Barb, my friend's (former army) DH, and another friend's WD? What made you decide to make the switch to a Barb?
@eddardstark, love the setup, and the spec is great glad to see someone else using charge, it's very underrated. 9/10
@Servindix, not a fan of the shoulders or mempo or amulet. The rest of the gear looks decent though. DPS is a bit low for having a skorn, possibly if you take advantage of getting a vile ward for increased life regen and All resist, and either a mempo with crit chance or an IK helm it would allow you to purchase a nice trifecta amulet with no all resist

7.5/10

And these rings im wearing are temporary... dont hate
@ Serv:

Thank you. I love charge too. Great utility skill for getting in/out of battle, circumventing elite powers,pretty sweet healing amount if applied properly, and picking off enemies who go after my more squishy friends! Agree 100% with that skill being underrated
@EddarStark

Haha i completely agree with you on the belt to start and The grandfather looks pretty cool imo.

I guess i got tired of playing monk(started playing at 1.02 as a monk) but i know i will defs go back to monk one day i do love the monk class.

I actually intended to switch to a wizard as i have already farmed a very good wand, source and zunimasas chest piece. My cousin who plays a wizard told me to roll a barb instead so i gave barbs a go and i loved it. Main differences between Barb and Monk so far is that monks perform better when there are less enemies around and my monk kills elites in 3-4 seconds, but i cannot imagine my monk fighting on 3 elites at the same time with 50+ mobs, which my barb currently does so well.

Yea i would love game together sometime as i have always preferred co-op over solo play. Add me Marinedude#6546 and we can play together sometime.
@Servindix, not a fan of the shoulders or mempo or amulet. The rest of the gear looks decent though. DPS is a bit low for having a skorn, possibly if you take advantage of getting a vile ward for increased life regen and All resist, and either a mempo with crit chance or an IK helm it would allow you to purchase a nice trifecta amulet with no all resist

7.5/10

And these rings im wearing are temporary... dont hate

yeah those are the current items i'm looking to upgrade, however not in the budget right now been going dry with mf lately... also i actually have a pretty low rolled vile ward but i prefer the mf shoulders right now since i have no problem with any act. i'm also holding out a bit to see what 1.0.5 brings...

i'm not a fan of WW barbs, just not my style of play however you have a hell of a setup... 9.5/ 10. i'm sure you plow through everything and looks like you'll be rolling 1.0.5. nice work