Request for response on state of Monks..

General Discussion
Prev 1 40 41 42 68 Next
@manaja """i really can't understand ppl who complain about STI nerf.. u take less dmg overall in patch 1.05 than you do now"""

monster power

no buffs for monks despite the extensive reworks on other classes

no changes to promote build diversity, only nerfs to 2 of the 3 passive a vast proportion of monks are locked into.
while barb takes down mp10 you would do mp1 act 3 run in 1 and a half hour. rethink please.
10/04/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re definitely aware of your concerns

Does anyone actually believe this?
10/05/2012 05:30 AMPosted by manaja
i really can't understand ppl who complain about STI nerf.. u take less dmg overall in patch 1.05 than you do now

i agree.

The problem with monks is that they're by far the slowest in terms of farming efficiency. Barbs clear act 3 really fast (i guess 30 mins) with a medium level equip, now find me a single monk that can do the same, even with the best possible equip around.

even with the best possible equip around? i can do it. just as fast as a barb.
we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk.

now you are talking
I do feel that this response is to keep monks quiet for the last post by blizz that made monks rage quit or roll another class scrapping their gear.

I only have time to play with 1 toon and my monk should keep going till they nerf it so much that it becomes unplayable.

I will keep saying this but I feel monks only need some spirit regen maybe 2 innate spirit regen) so we can use spirit spenders for offense and all resist in our set with the 2nd bonus buffed from .33 to at least 1.

This changes are easy and imo nowhere near over powered.

10/05/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Jaroo
we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk.

now you are talking
Maybe is my perception but this feels like we will nerf OWE and boost the others to a minimal amount so they feel powerful.....
i got no problems doing MP5..
right a small example.. u know those fallem maniacs that explode in act 3 Keep2.. in 1.05 they hit me 6k less.. ye i think our def is nerfed too much if mobs hit 25% less.. I got no problems standing in desecrator + molte/plagued/firechains.. so please.. point to me where monk suffers in nerf to STI? Resolve?? i dropped that months ago.. OWE.. if u stack AR only u dun even need it cos 600 AR is enough now..
10/05/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Pigudapuff
even with the best possible equip around? i can do it. just as fast as a barb.

yes you can. i think i should start a topic about you. how many monks have equal equipment as you? im guessing 15-20. there could be more. game is not treating people as equals. i have found 5-6 legendaries 0 sets sold those legs for total 400k and my play time is 265 hours. it is like saying people well if you have a family or job or something like that you suck at d3... it shouldnt be.
First, I'd like to say thanks to Vaeflare for engaging in this thread. You had to know you'd get hammered for jumping in here, you did it anyway, and I respect and appreciate that. I'd rather (really!) have you here saying things I disagree with than sitting silently on the sidelines. Thanks for actually trying to respond to the community.

Beyond that, I agree that the changes Monks need are non-trivial, and I can accept that Blizz isn't ready to make those changes in 1.05. However, given that, I have to admit that I'm puzzled why they feel they need to change STI and Resolve before the broader changes are made. Yes, I get that they're being done as part of a broader defensive change across classes, but unlike other classes, Monks have few options to move to when STI and Resolve are weakened. I'd be all for changes (even the 1.05 changes) to those abilities *as part of a broader overhaul to Monks*. But I guess I don't feel like taking that much away from the class without doing any of the needed rebalancing Vaef is talking about leaves monks in a reasonable place for 1.05. Others have suggested softening the STI change to make it 75% of dex--that seems to me like a reasonable compromise for 1.05, leaving room to do more in 1.06 as appropriate.

In full agreement here unless this is a non-subtle suggestion to avoid investment in the class altogether until changes may be applied. If Monks had any form of defensive advantage at higher MP levels then there would be some case to continue investment in the class which, upon a drastic change, would upend a larger contingent of players and make it all that much harder to effect those changes. As it stands, top tiers will never made inviable so these changes affect the viability of low- and mid-tier monks who would otherwise grind to pick up gold/equipment.
i got no problems doing MP5..
right a small example.. u know those fallem maniacs that explode in act 3 Keep2.. in 1.05 they hit me 6k less.. ye i think our def is nerfed too much if mobs hit 25% less.. I got no problems standing in desecrator + molte/plagued/firechains.. so please.. point to me where monk suffers in nerf to STI? Resolve?? i dropped that months ago.. OWE.. if u stack AR only u dun even need it cos 600 AR is enough now..
I doubt that, is mp5 suppose to be like act3 now is?
Increase monks attackspeed by 500% Wohooo so much fun! :D
@fordprefekt. so now the argument changes from its impossible to farm as fast a barb to wait its kinda possible. i understand where ur coming from and i still agree on the point that yes barbs can farm really fast with mid-tier gear and monks cant but isnt that why barbs are getting nerfed? from my understanding all mid-tier to lower tiered barbs are going to get a huge **** in the bum.
10/03/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power,

32 pages of rage later

While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be.

So somehow monks in the devs opinion have gone from being in a decent place and a solid class in terms of power to a class that only does respectable damage if geared to the max with specific builds, which is obviously very bad.

At this point, I want to see what monk builds the devs are using and what MP level they can fight in, because I'm convinced that none of them play a monk, or at least none of them play a monk seriously (like I have a level 60 monk, but if you check out her gear, you'd agree I can't claim I really play one).
Comparing this to the other blue post I'm rather confused....However this gives me hope to continue playing. Thanks for that at least.
10/05/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Aspirine
I doubt that, is mp5 suppose to be like act3 now is?

more like MP2
10/03/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We feel that monks are in a decent place at the moment, and are a solid class in terms of power

the class isn’t yet where we want it to be.

Decent place = not where we want it to be

That's what she said.
There are 2 issues with Monks in my opinion
1) Spirit Generators outside of Thunderclap are horrible. They should provide strategic attack choices and have comparable proc rates to Thunderclap. At the least, each spirit generator should include a dash rune because movement options are the first thing I cut from a build when I need room. It's sad that barb builds are more mobile than Monks.
2) Passives are horrible. Combo strike is mostly worthless, again, because trying to fit 2 spirit generators in a build is a very hard thing to do.
create a new passive that gives us something like 1.5x attack speed and all negates cooldowns while at max spirit. that'll at least boost our dps and make us look like monks with lightning fists!
I'm just saying monks are the hardest to gear, !@#$ty set bonus on there set, and have limited survivability, I'm over geared and still think its a joke that a mediocre barb wiz or dh out dpsed.... It is kinda a let down to hear post patch updates...not a lot of monks are going to farm mp 10 with any efficiency..... They have been "discussion phase" too long on many things such as monks, pvp. When do they atleast give some details on what they have so far its been long enough. Would like to see some cards layed on the table of what they got and a time frame when to expect it.... Just saying would ne nice to get good news from blue once in a while.
Oh and the only other thing I read was lefts mess with your best passive owe. So make you weaker defensive and still no offense