RATE THE DEMON HUNTER ABOVE YOU! (PART TROIS)

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
@blkdrgn

I appreciate the honesty. It seems like nearly every DH I see has a full nats set and I am just so far from that. The most I've ever had is 9 mil but so far, i've avoided the RMAH. I'm not super opposed to it, but i also don't have $1k to put into it.

You have a stellar character there (and it sounds like your wife's it pretty sweet too).
@hmyuah, Don't get too discouraged about your gear situation, there are still a lot of average demon hunters. Unless you use the RMAH or get lucky with a 500m+ value drop early on in your game then you really can't do much about gear. You're going pretty strong so far, just keep upgrading what you can as you get the gold!
@ Crimm, very nice legendaries. Just need to get the crit damage and crit chance up to be trying to reach that 200k dps w/o ShSh (not that I'm there yet). My next big drop will hopefully allow me to purchase some lacuni bracers as I'm obsessed with AS and using a regular ol' bow. But good gear I like the bracers, the WF, and the shoulders. Solid gear.
Crimm, nice looking build. Normally I'd recommemd more resist and discipline, but I imagine that you mitigate this with kickback and lifesteal.

I am kind of at a crossroad with my build (upgrades are jumping out of the 20 to 30m gold range.) Suggestions are welcome, but I think I am at the point where need to start building a Nat's set. My focus has always been balance.
I was skipped :'(
@blkdrgn

I appreciate the honesty. It seems like nearly every DH I see has a full nats set and I am just so far from that. The most I've ever had is 9 mil but so far, i've avoided the RMAH. I'm not super opposed to it, but i also don't have $1k to put into it.

You have a stellar character there (and it sounds like your wife's it pretty sweet too).

Dont give there is always bargains to be had in the AH..

i been huntin items for my DH and patience pays off... put up wat u can afford n step by step..
find a comfy balance n stick with it.

My gear isnt over the top like other Godlike DH but its ok.

maybe new patch has more goodies to offer to us players.....

Have fun...
Sorry ghost, was typing on a tablet, and it took me awhile to get my response out.
Haha no worries, perhaps the next person would be so kind as to give me an eval
10/11/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Ghost
Haha no worries, perhaps the next person would be so kind as to give me an eval

nice cc. work on ur gems n get a manticore 2 socket...get more open socket armor too... bit by bit u build up.
@Ghost: I'd give you a 8/10 for offensive dps but only 6/10 for survival stats. Low HP and resists. Really need to work on that. Can't kill anything if they kill you first.

@Tropical: Nice balance, just the kind I'm keeping my dh. You can look into your first nat piece with a cloak. Those aren't too exp yet. Wait till every piece is 100mil upgrade and then you'll really feel the pain. Good job so far!
@Ghost, I would recommend you to get a lot of vit and a bit more of resistance.

I know it would be hard to upgrade without sacrificing your DPS (goldwise).
Maybe worth trying changing your gem into +vit one since you have +9% life
Getting a new pants may worth a try.
Or even change your boots or belt, this one will be expensive :/
If you hit 30k vit with 250-300 all rest and 3500 armor, you'll have a balanced DH

P.S. nice rare shoulder you have.
@PIAG, real nice xbows, good offense and armor/AR. I'd try and get a little more vit, maybe try and get some nats.
@PVStar

Nice gear. You should upgrade your gems now, the higher ones are very cheap.
@Xenophis, I guess you are a Tank DH, nice legendary gears and AR, I wish my gain from my next drop will swing me away from Glass Cannon to a more solid stats.....
Nice gear. Lots of so so legendaries nothing that really stands out. Could use a new weapon though.
@ Xenophis

Wow, just wow, I am in awe of your AR, + Life% and Vit stats!

You DPS 'seems' low but you are playing a build that I am not accustomed too, so if it works for you and you manage to complete runs rather speedily (or maybe you don't but you just NEVER DIE with 151k life!!) then kudos to you.

Amazing :)

Wondering two things really, what it cost to get that gear (blackthorns, Litany), but also interested to know what Blackthorns looks like on a DH?
@TK9 Nice Weapon! But all your other gear needs some improvement i think.
It's funny how so many are rating Xenophis who is on the first page. :-)

@andy: super nice dex! Now work on some vit and cc. With your high dex, any bit of cc will shoot up your dps!
@Nash: you don't have bonus Disciple, I think its important for most DH. I am considering of replacing my Cloak by Inna chest, by doing that my DPS will increase about 8K but my Dis pool will be reduced to 39, anybody could advise me is it wise?
@ TK9

Sorry I missed you, dunno how I jumped from Xenophis, so will double post to address your DH.

I think we are similar, you have slightly more DPS, but slightly less survivability (stats wise, you might play better then me for all I know).

Overall like me, just need to keep building vital stats without sacrificing DPS.