Please Make Game Colorblind Friendly

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
I actually am happy about this feature. It makes farming much more efficient. Let's face it... about what % of your legendaries dropped from white mobs? I'd say about 50% of mine. I'm always so worried when I'm doing fast runs that I miss a godly legendary cause I'm running through so fast. With this feature I can run fast and know I won't be missing any legendaries.
I for one am very glad about making legendaries more visible, I have had 3 separate times where I almost missed legendaries because their color is a dark orange that blends into a few of the back grounds in the game. When your going quickly through areas farming, there are times when you quickly scan for colors and dont see it and move on. Who knows how many I have missed one and how many more other players have missed some. So a huge thumbs up for making them brighter.
I run into issues with green trail lines in the game, I flat out can't see them. if there was a way to tune in a yellow hew on everything it would make things easier for me ... but ... like with anything else Its a mild annoyance (sometimes i get one shotted because i don't dodge). Its not anything that truly slows me down;
10/09/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

Thanks! this is a great! how long does the effect last?
Hmm...

Hope you never acquire a handicap one day and need accomodations. Oh wait you're special and this wouldn't happen to you I almost forgot...
Options for the colorblind = +2
Options for lazy people that can't take just a moment to look around like the rest of us = -6

and you Fail again.

Being colorblind is better than being this dumb.
We try our best to make our games as colorblind-friendly as possible, and in patch 1.0.5 we will be adding some new features which will make Set Items and Legendaries more visible. When one drops, not only will a new audio effect be played, but it will also ping your mini-map and a beam of light will shine upwards from the item to make it extremely noticeable within the scenery of Sanctuary.

yo tell your developer to make the ping last forever until you pick up the god damn legendary items ok?

not ping for 3 seconds and disappear..

thanks

are you color-blind AND def?
10/09/2012 09:24 PMPosted by haushinka
also, green items have base type name like "helm", "shoulders", instead of "archon crown", "archon spaulders".

Also, if you hold down the control key and hover your mouse over the drop, a box will appear giving a description of the item in question.
that is f-ing funny my friend
they should make the new legendary ping a short 10 second song or something
Also, please get rid of all of the grey and white items. Absolutely useless in this game!
I run into issues with green trail lines in the game, I flat out can't see them. if there was a way to tune in a yellow hew on everything it would make things easier for me ... but ... like with anything else Its a mild annoyance (sometimes i get one shotted because i don't dodge). Its not anything that truly slows me down;

Uh, not to be stupid, but what are green trail lines? I do not think I have seen such a thing either. Then again, I am colorblind and melee, so.

I just...

Nevermind...

Well, I have to...

REALLY?! THIS is what you're investing your time and man-power into? Shining rays of light? A mini-map ping makes sense, maybe even an alert in the text-box which warns you to check the items on-screen more carefully because a rare dropped... But I don't need Musak and a huge God-Ray shining down...

I do believe that there was a post on the forums suggesting this very solution to 'unnoticed legendaries', shows that blizzard do actually listen to comments from the players from time to time...
10/09/2012 11:32 PMPosted by uwish

I just...

Nevermind...

Well, I have to...

REALLY?! THIS is what you're investing your time and man-power into? Shining rays of light? A mini-map ping makes sense, maybe even an alert in the text-box which warns you to check the items on-screen more carefully because a rare dropped... But I don't need Musak and a huge God-Ray shining down...

I hate you and everyone like you.
bump
I have this problem. The colors I mix up in real life are Blue & Purple, and Green & Yellow. So that's pretty bad for this game. lol

I just mouse over every rare in my inventory to make sure I didn't accidentally pick up a set item without knowing it.

Haha, actually Blizzard did accommodate for this problem. That's why green items never drop. :P

ROFL!
+1
so true
10/11/2012 04:29 AMPosted by VelocE16
Why are you trying to play a video game if you're blind/deaf go read a book or wank or something LOL blizzard please dont bother with these people, put effort into actual content for the rest of us

I hope you've been sterilized for the sake of everyone that will ever have the misfortune of being within a 100 mile radius of you.