Bonus item chance is per item or monster?

General Discussion
So when 1.0.5 hits you are playing at Monster Power 4 which gives you a 26% chance at a bonus item.

1. Is that a 26% chance that this monster will drop a bonus item for everything he drops?

2. Is that a 26% chance that each item that every monster drops will create a bonus item?

3. Is that a 26% chance that this monster will be able to drop a bonus item and then a 26% chance that each item dropped will create a bonus item?

[5th Element] Plaize halp! [/5th Element]

EDIT:
I read the paragraph again and I think it is option 2. What do you think?
Is that a 26% chance that this monster will drop a bonus item for everything he drops?

that is the answer

learn to read?
Is that a 26% chance that this monster will drop a bonus item for everything he drops?

that is the answer

learn to read?

I don't think it is because of where blizzard put the word 'chance' in the paragraph.

In Inferno, in addition to increased experience, Magic Find, and Gold Find, whenever a monster dies and drops an item normally (whether it be gold, a potion, or a piece of gear), the monster also has a chance to drop an additional bonus item.

Sounds like every monster will have a 26% chance of each of his drops creating a bonus item. So regular drop 1 has a 26% chance at creating a bonus, and so does regular drop 2, 3 and 4.
the monster will normally drop lets say by example 4 items : 1 rare 2 blues and 1 pot

this is an example

so now he will drop the same things but with an additional chance of dropping a random item

and this item can be anything

conclusion in 1.0.5 you will drop on the same "boss" : 1 rare 2 blues 1 pot and 1 random item ( pot, white,blue,rare,legendary, etc)

so 5 items instead of 4 ==> % of bonus item
the monster will normally drop lets say by example 4 items : 1 rare 2 blues and 1 pot

this is an example

so now he will drop the same things but with an additional chance of dropping a random item

and this item can be anything

conclusion in 1.0.5 you will drop on the same "boss" : 1 rare 2 blues 1 pot and 1 random item ( pot, white,blue,rare,legendary, etc)

so 5 items instead of 4 ==> % of bonus item

So at Monster Power 4, if a monster drops something (could be 1 or 4 things) there is a 26% chance that he will drop one bonus item?

That is not as good as I thought.

Blizzard makes it sound like when monster drops his first item there is a 26% chance that he will drop a bonus, then when he drops a 2nd item, there is a 26% chance that he will drop a bonus, etc.
you are the only one that understand that info like that for the moment...

and the fact that u can get 100% bonus item with monster lvl 10, is very good, especially if u get a 250% bonus of mf

the bonus of item will be applied for each monster u kill and I believe the fact that u can get 1 bonus item is better for getting legendary

because killing more monsters is more efficient than getting max mf for dropping legendaries.

so if u add to this a bonus of dropping a random item, well the chance of getting a legendary also grow
you are the only one that understand that info like that for the moment...

Perhaps. I would really like some others to join our discussion so that I can find out for sure.

I need to know just how crazy/stoopid I am!
so where does the We are going to double the ledgie drops fit into all this or did they decide not to double the drop rate on ledgies?
i didnt say it will double the legies, I said the the bonus of random item can be a potion or a rare item or anything ( like a legendary)

killing faster and more monsters means more of these, especially with the bonus of item
I understand what you was saying ,i was just asking how the double drop rate on legies will affect all this and also i'm wondering about when they left the mf cap ,whats the since of lvlin up paragon now with the hugh mf/gf bonuses we will get from the monster power?
I understand it the same way as Smoovemove (and to be honest, I don't even think Blizzard's post is ambiguous).

Doesn't matter how many items the monster drops, as long as he drops at least 1, there's a chance you'll get ONE bonus item.